Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone remember how long CoD is?  (Read 11681 times)

Offline zhouyun65

• Awards
Anyone remember how long CoD is?
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »
I'd like to know before I go investing time in this.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
It depends. If i remember correct, it must be around 7 -10 hours, but it depends on the skills of the player!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline zhouyun65

• Awards
Re: Anyone remember how long CoD is?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
10 Hours? Sounds like a good Saturday coming up :)

Thank you!

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
It really depends on the following:
  • Combat skill
    If you use a map from a website like gamefaqs.com
    If you want to get absolutely everything
However, what really matters is that you like the game.  I also recommend taking your time and leveling up appropriately.  If you just rush through the game you can miss stuff and get crushed by some of the enemies.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »
Very long to get the 200%, about 12-16 hours ;)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:22:54 AM »
yes, 10 hours....bc you need to level up you and your innocent devils bc Isaac is followed by a stronger enemy with no time to heal...get a corpsey, a battle type innonect devil, although easy to get, he is REALLY strong...when you get a battle ID use only axe untill he evolves, then only sword to the final evolution.
you can skip a lot of things making the game even 6 hours or so...go only for what matters...focus on being stronger.i made a speed run for that game (i do for all cv's) and i got 1 hour and 57 minutes...but don't think you can get as near that (at least not for a first run, hell at least for a 50's runs).

item combination faq so you don't waste rare material on a shitty "bamboo thingy"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/925894/42170

also don't worry for maps for the game is quite rly lined up...

also in the forest of Jigramunt, don't go to the tower you see there, and even not to the tower followed by it...it's not worthy you'll lose too much time, efforts, frustation (too long) and possibly die (at least at the second tower)

after all said, have fun, it's a great game i love it, LoI had a cool story, but this one has better graphics better jogability, cool weapons...i have a thing for the dragon killer sword see the faq how to make it, it's not so far in the game till you can make it and it's rly destructable. with it and a corpsey battle ID, you are invincible.

farewell my son.

edit evolving to corpsey you no longer need to use sword you can use any weapon.the combo light, light, strong, it's the best sometimes hit more than longer ones is quick, dont let your guard down, use the dodge thingy wildly.that's all you can beat it easilly with mah recumendationz!!!!!!!!!!!for trully i'm a cv master guider!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:30:16 AM by Raphael Belmont »

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »
. . . . . . .

And if you do not enjoy the game, the answer is too long.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
Whenever I play this game I always break it up into segments so as to not get bored of it real fast. In terms of the mecha knight boss from the abandond castle area...is it possible to steal from him? Every time I play a new game and defeat him I see the monster bios list and it shows the steal color in one of the items lists. I can't understand this one bit. How can you steal from an enemy which never appears again and only after he's dead do you get your hands on the steal command option. Anybody??

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »
Good point. Since I never bothered to replay Hector's primary mission, I never found out if your stats/weapons/abilities from the first playthrough carried over into your next attempt. Pretty standard for CV games as of late, but did it apply in CoD?

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 12:12:13 AM »
Whenever I play this game I always break it up into segments so as to not get bored of it real fast. In terms of the mecha knight boss from the abandond castle area...is it possible to steal from him? Every time I play a new game and defeat him I see the monster bios list and it shows the steal color in one of the items lists. I can't understand this one bit. How can you steal from an enemy which never appears again and only after he's dead do you get your hands on the steal command option. Anybody??

-X

I can't say I've done it myself, as CoD is one of my least favorite games in the series, but I believe you have to get his steal item during the boss rush, since you don't get the steal ability until after you've beaten him in the story mode.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 04:41:24 AM »
I can't say I've done it myself, as CoD is one of my least favorite games in the series, but I believe you have to get his steal item during the boss rush, since you don't get the steal ability until after you've beaten him in the story mode.

wtf are you talking about?you steal from DEath the death pulse and that's it...other steals are alright and easy...

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
What I mean is that prior to the Mountains which is after the castle, you cannot steal. At all. The only way to steal is to get the steal item which is just after Julia's shop. This being the case you cannot steal from the mecha knight eventhough the enemy list shows that he's got something for you to take. But you can't cause you don't get the steal ability until after he's dead. And that just plain sucks. What was IGA's team thinking!?  :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:26 AM »
What I mean is that prior to the Mountains which is after the castle, you cannot steal. At all. The only way to steal is to get the steal item which is just after Julia's shop. This being the case you cannot steal from the mecha knight eventhough the enemy list shows that he's got something for you to take. But you can't cause you don't get the steal ability until after he's dead. And that just plain sucks. What was IGA's team thinking!?  :P

-X
Actually, you can steal from the first boss (Crazy Armor) in the boss rush mode.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »
10 Hours? Sounds like a good Saturday coming up :)

Thank you!

No, it will be a dreadful Saturday if you play CoD.

If you use spears the entire game, it will take you a very short amount of time to finish, so do it. The ID you get is ridiculously overpowered :P Listening to an audio book while playing the game will help you ignore the tedium as well.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »
No, it will be a dreadful Saturday if you play CoD.

lol, so true. I'm glad I finished it when it was first released.

Tags:

anything