Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Professional Opinion about Lords of Shadow's Musical Score  (Read 19297 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Professional Opinion about Lords of Shadow's Musical Score
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »
I love Chrono Trigger but I find that Chrono Cross has a remarkable soundtrack that stands on its own, and I'm not talking about the Celtic Tracks.

For example, the main theme "Time's Scar" is great, as is its "Another World" arrangement.  Then there's the rocking Magical Dreamers (arrangement of Marbule, played by rocker Nikki), as well as Fort Dragonia and Isle of the Dead, to name a few.

They're all pretty hummable and unique, but make up a great OST.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
I love Chrono Trigger but I find that Chrono Cross has a remarkable soundtrack that stands on its own, and I'm not talking about the Celtic Tracks.

For example, the main theme "Time's Scar" is great, as is its "Another World" arrangement.  Then there's the rocking Magical Dreamers (arrangement of Marbule, played by rocker Nikki), as well as Fort Dragonia and Isle of the Dead, to name a few.

They're all pretty hummable and unique, but make up a great OST.
Don't get me wrong, some of the songs are pretty good, but, as far as personal taste is concerned, I never cared for Mitsuda's dabbling in the ethnic melange of far east meets middle eastern meets celtic music. Though, I find myself liking the songs that sound most like CT songs, such as Star Stealing Girl, Frozen Flame(both of which were actually from the game Radical Dreamers, which might've explained the SNES-era typed melody), Radical Dreamers and Dragon Knight.

Though, for some strange reason, I always thought Voyage(Home World) sounded a lot like the Little House on the Prairie theme.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
Making an orchestrated OST that is faithful to CV's roots would be incredibly hard, in my opinion.

I disagree. This year in February I was lucky to attend the Castlevania concert in Stockholm and it was perfect. If only they would release the DVD or a live CD from that performance..I hope you guys will send requests. The more messages we send, we′ll have more chances for eventual release..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKfUNrw4aM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1YU33TYfs

About Bloody tears piano performance that you included earlier in your post..I just want to say that it is absolutely amazing and I have had it on my mp3 player for a long time. When I had first listened to it, I immediately fell in love with that performance and was watching it over and over. Now it′s always with me :)

Tags:

anything