Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50320 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
Hey guys how's your weekend? haha ok then, the news...
translate: http://pixel2pixel.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/nuevos-castlevania-de-mercury-steam-y-dlc-para-lords-of-shadow/
According to internal sources, the recent lords of Shadow will get DLC (presumably following the ending). Also the rumor of the sequel spread by Oscar Araujo gets louder yet. But that's not all, a 3DS version of CV is to be expected
If it was told by "internal sources" of MercurySteam, do you think we'll see Gabriel's next adventure in 3D!! (also ditching the hopes of an IGAvania)  :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
No thanks. A classicvania done by IGA with artwork done by Kojima & music by Yamane would be excellent, though.

EDIT: I would also settle for MASAKI (OoE's artist), and just about any composer that isn't Araujo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:04:59 PM by Crisis »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
It's a rumor, but it'd be pretty nice.
3DS seems to be powerful enough to have some rather nice visuals.  But please, I hope Araujo starts pumping out some classic tunes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »
Where does it say Mercury Steam is going to make this rumored 3DS game? You misread it.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:25:21 PM by Nagumo »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
No thanks. A classicvania done by IGA with artwork done by Kojima & music by Yamane would be excellent, though.

EDIT: I would also settle for MASAKI (OoE's artist), and just about any composer that isn't Araujo.

this^^^
MS has had its shot on the next gen consoles so i think Konami should let IGA do what he does best and make a 2.D gameplay castlevania for 3ds.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
I don't like 3D action gaming on handhelds. It doesn't work for me. I want my handheld Castlevanias to be sidescrollers. I doubt Mercurysteam is making a sidescroller for 3DS though :(

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
Internal sources where? In Konami or in Mercury Steam? Could be IGA or MS.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.....if the rumor is true, that is.

YES! I'd be all over that!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Sotaro Tojima having another go at Castlevania music. Even though many of the tracks in Circle of the Moon were taken from other games, there's no denying that the original tracks - "Fate to Despair" (Chapel Tower) and "Awakening" (Catacombs) were bloody excellent! I desperately want more Castlevania music from him.

EDIT: Oh, and PROOF OF BLOOD! Best final boss battle music evah!

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Proof of Blood
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:22:29 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
I'm only ok with this as long as Iga is still making a game.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 01:16:49 PM »
I want IGA, Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane to work on the next 3DS game. And make it with 2D gameplay with 3D elements.

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

Yes, the new Castlevania 3DS by MercurySteam

Ptto:

Bye, Bye IGA  ;D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:11 PM »
I want Hideki Kamiya to work on the next 3DS game.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't say the 3DS CV will be made by MS, but just that there's a rumor that there will be a 3DS CV title. The MS bit seems to be tied to Araujo commenting on the DLC to LoS(and how it follows up the events of the first game like a sequel).

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »
I want IGA, Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane to work on the next 3DS game. And make it with 2D gameplay with 3D elements.

IGA and Kojima might be on board, but Yamane has long since quit game music.

It would be amazing if they hired another famous Japanese composer, like Hitoshi Sakimoto.

And honestly, from MercurySteam I'd just prefer another 360 game, rather than what would almost definitely be a smaller, less impressive version of the same thing on a 3DS.

Also agree with Thernz. Hideki Kamiya just needs to work on every game ever.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
IGA and Kojima might be on board, but Yamane has long since quit game music.

Yamane did quit Konami, but I remember her saying she would compose for another CV game if she was asked to. I think it is great when she collaborates with someone else, so there is not so much pressure on one composer to do many songs in a short period of time. Then they can make a better soundtrack.

Tags: