Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50335 times)

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure what to say...I have only been involved majorly in the series for around two years, and in those two years I have not followed the online news much until Lords of Shadow. I don't know much about the IGA vs. MercurySteam debates. Both developers are good in their own respects. It seems to me that IGA is a developer that tends to ask "what can I do next," for better or for worse. He always seems to be facing forward. I agree with some of his decisions, and at the same time, I don't agree with others. Like I said, I am relatively new to the series and I have not played every game, and have beaten less, and as I discover installments I have not played, my opinions change as I do play them and I am able to form my own image of the series. I was quite hasty to reply with "of course he won't!" when told to keep dreaming about a 2D classicvania, and I apologize for any red flags that may have raised.

One thing I have found about this series is that it is very difficult to please everyone at once. What one person loves, another is sure to hate. There does not seem to be a middle ground, but variety is the spice of life, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:57:09 PM by narkolepsi »
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
^^ This. Pleasing everyone at once is damn near impossible. The same goes for every series.

I hope we get some news on a 2D game soon. LoS didn't satiate my Castlevania hunger and I can only play through Adventure Rebirth so many times. All the available VC 'vanias that I have downloaded have been played to death as well. It's time we get a new 2D game....preferably for the 3DS.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2010, 07:21:16 PM »
i wonder what a 2.5D Castlevania that had a "3D map" would be like?  it would be kind of cool if instead of a flat blue map, we actually saw a 3D (as in the popout kind of 3D the 3DS is made for) representation of the areas in the Castle that you have treaded.  it could make level design a little more interesting.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
What's with everyone on the internet these days always quoting other posts & saying "this?" In this very thread

this^^^
Oh god this.
This.
^^This.

and countless other topics. it's like, what's the point in posting if everyone does that from now on. Is it too much to ask to read well thought-out unique opinions instead of everyone relying on other people's opinions?
Sorry just had to vent  :-X

edit: i mean, I know it's just another way of saying "i agree," it's just... i dunno, I see it on nearly every forum nowadays & I have no idea where it came from. I must be getting old or something, lol x_x

On topic, Nintendo also confirmed classic GameBoy (and NES?) games will be available via download. Belmont's Revenge in 3D, anyone?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:51:36 PM by Crisis »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »
oh right, i almost forgot about the 3D rendered classics.  oh yeah, something to look forward to and ponder about.  my only request is if they bother doing that and make us buy the games "again", that they spice up the games in other ways too, such as offering new modes of play or level selects etc (a boss rush for every Castlevania game is on my Christmas list).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2010, 05:14:00 AM »
@Ahasverus
Seems you took a bit of your own medicine, there.  To make people declare their opinion, when you do not do the same with yours, is a double standard.
It was a joke :P (bad bad one and painfuñlly true but i was joking 'cause I like the man) :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 04:56:34 AM »
I want IGA, Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane to work on the next 3DS game. And make it with 2D gameplay with 3D elements.

OH PLEASE....give me a break. Always the same crew, who did all they know. If you love and want another SOTN, please be my guest and go play it again and again. It would be lovely to see something completely different for the series, with new talented people to create another thing. But I want action game, whereas in 3D or 2D.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:16 AM »
What's with everyone on the internet these days always quoting other posts & saying "this?" In this very thread

and countless other topics. it's like, what's the point in posting if everyone does that from now on. Is it too much to ask to read well thought-out unique opinions instead of everyone relying on other people's opinions?
Sorry just had to vent  :-X

edit: i mean, I know it's just another way of saying "i agree," it's just... i dunno, I see it on nearly every forum nowadays & I have no idea where it came from. I must be getting old or something, lol x_x
THIS^  :P

It jsut comes from the fact that someone said something very well, and there is no need to say more. Much like "seconded" or whatnot.

If they make the sprites like Gabriel's tutorial look, I'd love to see it. But I have no 3ds.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 05:53:07 AM »
THIS^  :P

It jsut comes from the fact that someone said something very well, and there is no need to say more. Much like "seconded" or whatnot.

If they make the sprites like Gabriel's tutorial look, I'd love to see it. But I have no 3ds.

Who has a 3DS, man? It's not out anywhere yet..

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 05:55:06 AM »
Who has a 3DS, man? It's not out anywhere yet..

Oh.... well, then... I won't have a 3ds lol. I thought it was out already.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »
OH PLEASE....give me a break. Always the same crew, who did all they know. If you love and want another SOTN, please be my guest and go play it again and again. It would be lovely to see something completely different for the series, with new talented people to create another thing. But I want action game, whereas in 3D or 2D.
Then play Lords of Shadow again! :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
I have to agree with Innovator. We need a new team to do the next CV game like with LoS. IGA and his crew have been running the stage since the 90's. They need to take a step back and let some new people in on the scene. That's how it was with the classics and it's what made those classics so damned good to play! If you keep the same team on the same project, then sooner or later you'll find that their well of ideas has run almost completely dry. You can only do something for so long before it stagnates and becomes borning and monotonous. This is where other people come in. They can 'refill' that well of ideas by bringing in their own and giving it a breath of fresh air and that's what CV needs.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
Completely agree. CV 2D painfully needs new team. Old team done practically everything that colud have been done with the series. If anything I wouldn't be against return of Yamane and Kojima, but not IGA, only maybe as a secondary or "honorary" producer, someone who doesn't have final say in the game creation. And game definitely needs bigger budget.

Offline Viper

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2010, 06:05:58 AM »
Agree with budget. In my opinion true reason for a "sotn-perfectness" is a surprisingly big budget for a 2D game for time it was out. Less budget->less original work -> more copy&paste, like in last DS titles. In ideal, of course.))

For subject I want 2D. 2.5D maybe. No 3D, please! I'm sad that Metroid nowadays comes only in 3D-action, and now Castlevania too? But, with Nintendo 3DS... It seems future of 2D Castlevania is some remakes like The Adventure Rebirth only...

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2010, 05:41:33 AM »
I don't think I have ever been in a thread here that didn't have IGA-bashing in it.  It's almost like it has to be in every thread until it becomes popular opinion out of fear of being bashed yourself.  

I understand the feeling, but see it this way: IGA's been making CV games for 15 years and we're still getting "This time he'll prove himself!", "Give him a chance!", "He's gonna get the next one right!" defences.

It's like people were expecting him to be a (very) late bloomer or something. It's not even fair to him - the man already proved his worth, he did some quite good games, and then didn't manage to keep up with his own standards.

I don't mind more IGA games, but I don't think he's what CV needs. He did good as a young assistant director on SotN, and that's what we need - new blood, young blood, new ideas.

I also suspect that a lot of IGA bashing is born from the dreadful Sorrow plot. I won't comment on the games, but for a lot of fans the disgusting Sorrow animu twist and plot was the last straw. Making a bad game is one thing, can happen to everyone and is forgivable. Taking the CV lore, story and mood and torturing it like that was criminal.

Tags: