Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32927 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »
+1
3D artists being on the game doesn't mean the gameplay will be on 3D perspective. Even Ecclesia had 3D (backgrounds), right??

Here hoping for a good 2/2.5D game. =)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »
+1
Haters rejoice!!

I hope it's 2D gameplay with 3D elements as opposed to full-3D. Por ejemplo, scythes popping out in front of me while fighting Death but on a 2D playing field.

I completely agree.

I'm not saying that i don't want to see IGA finally succeed in a 3d vania but i just don't want it for the 3DS.
Instead i'd like to see a Castlevania game with 3D graphics while retaining the 2D gameplay.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »
+1
3D artists being on the game doesn't mean the gameplay will be on 3D perspective. Even Ecclesia had 3D (backgrounds), right??

Here hoping for a good 2/2.5D game. =)

Order of Ecclesia barely had any 3D compared to the efforts put in the other two games. Maybe there's...two areas that actually have some 3D object in the background? The 3D ship and the tower near Dracula's throne.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
+1
Order of Ecclesia barely had any 3D compared to the efforts put in the other two games. Maybe there's...two areas that actually have some 3D object in the background? The 3D ship and the tower near Dracula's throne.

Yeah, whatever, you understood what I mean (the other two have some 3D effects in play too).

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 09:42:40 AM »
+1
Yeah, whatever, you understood what I mean (the other two have some 3D effects in play too).

True, they had it moreso, but I don't think that they'd be hiring new talent to do 3D assets such as those unless the game had a larger focus on 3D. I'd say 2.5D, to really stand up amongst a lot of the other games.

Offline default2k

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »
No matter how much people hate on Iga, the man is important to the frachise and has acomplished a lot in his life. Possibly more that the mayority of us. :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »
+1
Castlevania: 3rD Sorrow

Y'know, that is actually a rather good name if IGA necessarily feels the need to make a third one with a gimmicky 3DS title. It could be the 1999 game, except it would take place before the other two sorrow games, which technically makes it the 1st Sorrow. But.. blah.

Or maybe they could put Soma in a third game and get it over with. Not that I really want another game with him.

Offline SIRHardle

• Currently working on a second CV game.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Sonata In Red's website.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 01:35:25 PM »
I'm glad to hear some news from IGA's team. Hopefully it won't take long for them to reveal something solid. When is Konami party in January?
Castlevania: Sonata in Red
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »
+1
I quite honestly don't really mind however it goes, I'd just like to hopefully see something further on this soon. Maybe next month, at Nintendo's 3DS event? The timing is pretty interesting too, as this specific rumor boomed out right around the same time there were talks of a Nintendo event occurring January 18th..if they intend to show games intended for the yearly release for the 3DS, it could be such a game showcased.

After the strange place Harmony of Despair information appeared from, I wouldn't be shocked at all if this rumor really has some strong credibility to it. Which makes me even more excited.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
+1
I doubt we will hear something until the yearly leak out.  :P

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »
Expected.
Well 3D...Maybe it will be something new and solid for a change.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »
I hope it is 2D gameplay with some cool 3D elements! Go, IGA! :) I can′t wait for this, it feels such a long wait since Ecclesia.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
+1
O noooooooo. I was gonna save up for a new computer looks like I have to get a 3DS now, dam...

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
+1
i finally got around to getting to Dracula in Order of Ecclesia, so yeah, guess i'm ready for the next Castleroid.

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 05:27:38 AM »
I think this is quite good news even for IGA haters.

IGA delivers solid, even when unimaginative, titles. It's more-of-the-same but it's something we love, so what's to hate?
Well, the recycling I guess.

If this is a 3D game (as in, polygonal title), he can't / can't be forced to recycle anything. So we will get all the *good* about IGA games without the *bad* IGA games usually carry. Win-win situation.

Tags: