Poll

Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
1 (8.3%)
I don't know, my mind was recently invaded by a dark priest.
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?  (Read 13446 times)

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
In Castlevania there are many vampire hunters, the Belmonts and Morrises stand out to be the most well known legacies of vampire hunters; The Belmonts denominated over half the series, John and Jonathan Morris kept the Morris name strong for two games, but what about the Belnades? They are a family of vampire hunters as well. Sure Sypha, Carrie, and Yoko are playable characters, but they are over shadowed by the starring playable character, namely, the Belmonts. In my opinion, there should be a spin off series starring the Belnades, having to play Harmony of Dissonance and experienced Juste's Belnades powers, the Belnades are more than meets the eye. It would be interesting to see them mix and match Relics and Spellbooks for attacks. It would bring gameplay to whole new direction.

What would be your verdict?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »
A Belnades game would only wet the appetite for a real traditional Belmont game. I think the Belnades work best with only a Belmont by their side, but I wouldn't object to the idea i guess.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »
I'm open to the idea of a CV Gaiden game starring the Belnades'. However if they plan to have one of the Belnades' go up against Dracula then it would have to be AFTER CVIII. The main reason for this is due to Sypha marrying Trevor and producing Belmont/Belnades hybrids. Any Belnades before Sypha's children would be no match for the count. I would love to see a CVIII Sypha game where she is commissioned by the church to hunt Dracula only to be defeated by the cyclops. I believe we have discussed this very idea in other threads too.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »
I'm all for a Belnades hero/heroine game.  And why not?  They gave Alucard his own game.  I'd like to see a game centered around Sypha depicting the events before she got embedded in stone for CVIII.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:25:22 AM »
Interesting idea. I want more Yoko love :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »
I like every Castlevania game, even if it is a spin-off or a main. I believe that with spin-off games you can explain some things that the main games create and left as a blank hole and you can even span the lifetime of the series. Also, i love games where the main protagonist is a female... :P I'm all for it!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:34:11 AM »
I hope it's a male Belnades.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
I like every Castlevania game, even if it is a spin-off or a main. I believe that with spin-off games you can explain some things that the main games create and left as a blank hole and you can even span the lifetime of the series. Also, i love games where the main protagonist is a female... :P I'm all for it!!!

I agree with this. It would serve to kind of fill in the blanks on certain things.

I think it'd be a cool game. I'd be all for it.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »
I don't know if it would need to be a spin-off game.  A regular Castlevania game that has a Belnades lead would be fine by me.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
I don't know if it would need to be a spin-off game.  A regular Castlevania game that has a Belnades lead would be fine by me.

Usually, games that they don't have a Belmont as the main protagonist, are consider spin-offs. Either from Konami or by fans, because they are showing side stories and to tell you the truth, i don't care if it is a spin-off or a main game, as long as it is fun to play with it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:32 AM »
I'm all for a game staring a Belnades.  Hell, I love to have more than one.  These could be centered around Sypha and her adventures before she is freed from her petrified state by Trevor.  There could also be games about Yoko.  I'm sure that she does things that have nothing to do with Soma or anything in the Sorrow games.

Also, if there are made like metroidvanias, we will get to see a more varied arenal.  Of course all the spells would probably be centered around the elements of fire, ice, and lightning.  I would be nice to see them use more than just three spells (that's just boring).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:00:11 AM by darkwzrd4 »
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
I think a Belnades would be a great main character. There would be lots of great magic to use

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
The whole idea wouldn't be much different than playing as Alucard, Hector, or Soma. They're not Belmonts. Carrie in CV64 was pretty much this in a nut shell.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
Except that Carrie's magic abilities were very limited in that game.  It'd be nice to see a full bodied game built around a Belnades witch...with lots of magic powers and spells to learn and use.  And she should use a full staff as her melee instrument of choice (I never cared for Sypha's one handed staff all that much).

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
i want to know how yoko's related to the Belnades that helped defeat Dracula, and what exactly they did to help defeat him.  They couldn't be talking about Sypha, right, otherwise she'd have a different last name unless some weird intermarrying too place. 

Yoko must have come from a long line of male Belnades.  We haven't seen any of them.  I can imaging i line a male carriers of magic power (but perhaps unable to use it themselves) who pass down power through their daughters. 

Tags:

anything