Which Game Had Better Remixes?

Judgement
11 (55%)
Harmony of Despair
4 (20%)
Both
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Remix Battle! Judgement VS Harmony of Despair  (Read 7182 times)

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Remix Battle! Judgement VS Harmony of Despair
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
Judgment has some of my favorite remixes in the whole series. I was trying to think of one song that I like the most out of the remixes, but there's about 4 or 5 that I really like. My favorites are Iron Blue Intention, Beginning, Clock Work, The Wolf Revealed and Dracula's Castle. I also liked the original music in Judgment (such as Aeon's theme and character select screen). Overall, I think the only track I didn't like to some extent in Judgment was Elemental Tactician.

Harmony of Despair...meh. There were only a few songs I liked. I liked the remixes of Heart of Fire, Aquarius, and The Tragic Prince...which was renamed to Pitiful Scion in the HD soundtrack, and that was just about it. I didn't even really like the original music in HD either. There were only two original pieces of music in HD that I liked and those were Tractus and Tanz mit einem Clown. Also, correct me if I'm wrong and those two came from a CV. :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
Aside from remixes, Judgement and HD both had some good original songs that I liked. "Purple Eyes" (HD) and "Gallery" (J) especially.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
Aside from remixes, Judgement and HD both had some good original songs that I liked. "Purple Eyes" (HD) and "Gallery" (J) especially.

^ I liked the character selection theme on Judgement.
Aeon's "Darkness of Fear" is just epic.

Offline Nycterida

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »
The rock version of Bloody Tears heard in Judgment wins all for me, it's one of the best versions alongside those that I consider "definitive" (Rondo of Blood, Castlevania IV and Dracula X Chronicles), and of course Naoto Shibata's from Dracula Battle. On the other hand, my other fav track, Iron Blue Intention was as mediocre as the game itself. As an album Despair is generally a more satisfying listen, I liked some arrangements from the Sorrow games. As for the tracks from Symphony, it's a testament to the quality of that OST that no arrangement ever came close to the original.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:01:39 PM by Nycterida »

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »
Judgment's Iron Blue Intention is by far the worst rendition of the song. I've never heard it sound so toothless and limp. It's almost a parody.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »
^ It wasn't too bad for me to listen, I thought Elemental Tactician was worse, I couldn't tell it was from Lament of Innocence until I saw the track's name on the OST tracklist.

The rock version of Bloody Tears heard in Judgment wins all for me, it's one of the best versions alongside those that I consider "definitive" (Rondo of Blood, Castlevania IV and Dracula X Chronicles), and of course Naoto Shibata's from Dracula Battle. On the other hand, my other fav track, Iron Blue Intention was as mediocre as the game itself. As an album Despair is generally a more satisfying listen, I liked some arrangements from the Sorrow games. As for the tracks from Symphony, it's a testament to the quality of that OST that no arrangement ever came close to the original.
I thought Lost Painting was a great rendition. But it could be just me.

Tags:

anything