Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CONFIRMED: The LOS Storyline spans centuries, more Belmonts, possibly coming  (Read 23708 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Thanks to a "Best 50 moments in gaming" article we've had new information regarding one of the most frequent questions asked by the fans: Is Gabriel the only Belmont? Did he go into hiding just after Resurrection?? Some answers and hopeful quotes more than a year later of the ending that changed our series forever!

"After rejecting doing a direct remake of the original Castlevania game in 3D with Simon Belmont as the main character, we established that our Castlevania was going to be about Dracula and his relationship with the Belmont family."

"This story concept ended up as this huge epic thing spanning centuries, which clearly couldn’t be made into a single game. So we started at the beginning and made that part only. The origin if you like, that leads to Gabriel’s downfall."

"We didn’t know if we would ever be given the chance to tell the arc in its entirety. Just getting Castlevania: Lords of Shadow off the ground had taken years and was almost cancelled."

"So we decided to show a glimpse of the later stages of the arc, in the hope people would be interested in seeing where we could take Castlevania if given the opportunity."

"Whether we get the chance to fill in the rest remains to be seen but the epilogue does offer a tantalising glimpse into the future of the franchise and where it goes."
"I have to say there was some doubt if the epilogue was going to work at Konami but our philosophy was that this is our only shot at making Castlevania relevant again, and even if we never got to do another one, it would give people the chance to discuss the game and its meaning for years to come. It would at least, be a Castlevania people remembered."

"I felt that we didn’t have to fill in all the gaps in the story this time around. We could keep things open and let people make their own minds up about what happened in-between the end of the game and the epilogue."

"Even if this was our last Castlevania game. Some people want it spelt out for them but I think leaving people to use their own imagination is much more exciting."

"I love reading all the speculation and theories on the web. I am glad people are talking about the game. This is all we set out to achieve. Even if people don’t like what we did they are still talking about it and that makes me and the team very happy indeed."
Forget it Mr Cox, we know it's coming, Araujo spoiled the surprise, don't try to act "cool"  ;D

Source http://www.nowgamer.com/features/top50gamesmoments/1157118/40_the_twist_ending_of_castlevania_lords_of_shadow.html

Opinions? Theories? Excited? I am :D it's great to know that this new story arc has a beginning and an end ALREADY PLANNED so it won¿'t inflate itself forever with irrelevant stories leading nowhere *cough* IGA *cough*

Everything comes full circle

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Not excited.

Interested.....

But not excited.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
it's great to know that this new story arc has a beginning and an end ALREADY PLANNED so it won¿'t inflate itself forever with irrelevant stories leading nowhere *cough* IGA *cough*

You know as well as I do that is bullshit. Any story can get shoved into filler when a company wants to make more beyond it's original scope. You just want to take another senseless jab at IGA as always.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Since LOS has yet to establish what exactly the Belmont family’s relationship to Dracula is in their timeline the promise of more of them doesn't exactly offer me much comfort or arouse my interest. The Belmont’s could be set to become the series new villains for all we know - a family of vampire hunters that relentlessly hunts down the tragically cursed Dracula, it's not like they haven't turned heroes into villains before.

Whether we get the chance to fill in the rest remains to be seen
There is hope yet! the series fate has not been sealed that or Cox is just being a lying jerk...   again!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:28:53 PM by C Belmont »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
You know as well as I do that is bullshit. Any story can get shoved into filler when a company wants to make more beyond it's original scope. You just want to take another senseless jab at IGA as always.

"quoted" for being full of win. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
And I will do it anytime I can, every day that passes comes with the realization that IGA was terrible in lots of aspects for the series :P
The thing is, these guys have -according to this- lots of stories connected in a way that /makes sense/, they have no reason to make fillers, for the sound of this they have material for lots of games, generations could pass even before we see the arc completed

Everything comes full circle

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
Although I have not yet played LOS.. it irks me that the soundtrack is filled with too much of a hollywood-orchestral design.
I am for a mixture of sounds to complement a solid game. But from what I have heard, this is not the CV I remember.
If we were to regain the same ideas that brought CV back from the ashes in 97' I would be all for it. But this, this is not CV.

I do give them credit for taking the series to another level. Branching out the Belmont origin. It just needs to feel more like a Castlevania title. Not a platformer that feels like everything out there. If this next chapter delivers something fresh. Count me in.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm really interested to see where this arc goes next.  From what prospective do we view from?  Who do we play as?  Is this Dracula going to fight the way the one from the old cannon did?

This could be very interesting whether it feels like Castlevania or not.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Meh. They're gonna have to be a lot more creative and dump the Metal Gear-esque storytelling to win me over.
And fuck that generic Hollywood soundtrack.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
LoS was meh at the most, graphically nice, gameplay, no thanks, it should have just been called Lords of Shadow, without the castlevania tag in my opinion, dont kid me wrong the game is good, it just doesnt feel castlevania enough, Castlevania for years has been known for its tromping through a gigantic castle on a hunt for dracula, and its music, Dracula, per say was kinda present but not in any form of his glory, just a miserable tyant, the sequel will need to do a much better job to impress me, after all, it has 20 some odd years of history to try to best.
oh and fire Kojima from the future projects, IF i wanted a castlevania movie, maybe id ask him, but he should stick to metal gear solid, and nothing else

but as they say, cant please em all, its one of those games people either love, or dont really care about

LoS2 requirements:
Non emo Dracula
Actualy familiar castlevania music
possibly the introduction of his second wife, as per the current cannon, (LoS was considered not part of the timeline yet)
less God of war mechanics, sure they work but it doesnt help the series much, it just makes them look like they're trying other games to see which works best
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:39:38 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Yes. Looking forward what those guys can do. Hope they'll listen to what fans want!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
hey i'll be happy as long as they put some of the familiar music in, not the hollywood esk music, and give dracula some clothes, the rags makes him look like a banshee from fable

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
The fact Dracula looks so bad in Modern Times may be related to the fact that he had to fight countless Belmonts and other creatures. I hope we'l get answers to our questions.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
"Lords of Shadow 2" is going to be a good game. I'm confident there's going to be a lot less wall-shimmying, pointless QTE's & Titan fights, MercurySteam isn't stupid and they listen to fan complaints. The story is blaarrgg, but it is what it is and I'm sure they'll think of something interesting that'll have us discussing/debating for months to come, which is their purpose in the first place. So cheers to MercurySteam for trying to make Castlevania relevant in the public eye again. But if they include "ALUCARD BELMONT," then I'm done following this storyline and I will incessantly shit on all yous that defend it like it's supposed to be better than the canon storyline  ;)  So get your debate skills up, folks.

Yup.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
more ironic, is why would he hide in a church? is he still clinging to his beleifs, and im wondering, will we play as a belmont in the next game, or "Vlad the Impaler" hey the turk war, is how he built his castle in rl, so its just a theory, and possibly during this course he meets "lisa"

Alucard Belmont, no it just doesnt sound right at all, so in theory, his next wife should have the last name Tepes, so he could assume that at his new moniker, to distance himself from the belmont line
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:07:43 AM by Omegasigma »

Tags:

anything