Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CONFIRMED: The LOS Storyline spans centuries, more Belmonts, possibly coming  (Read 23466 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm worried. All I wanted from LoS in terms of story was one that was compelling, the game amazingly blew all of that to oblivion the moment you started the final level in the main game. That major twist is something I would be expecting a 14 year old on a fan fiction site to come up with. Seriously, Castlevania is quickly summarized as Belmont vs Dracula. Who thinks combining the two is a unique twist that a child hasn't thought up?

Why I'm worried is if they offer us more Belmonts, will this stupid shit continue? Will we see an Alucard-esqe Belmont?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The glyph system, the way the stages were set up while retaining the metroidvania style, the town with quests.
Glyph system were expanded / a bit changed Soul system form Sorrow games. Stages were setup like in Bloodlines, and we had town with "quests" back in CV2, and the quests idea was used in POR. If anything OOE not a experimental game, but more like ressurection of some ideas from the past. Sadly it come to late too restore what little integrity "metroidvania" formula had.

Cox just made Ahversus', Vampire Killer's and Sumac's day.
I believe it would take quite a while before someone will make your day like this.  ;)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Reading that again, it doesn't sound too reassuring of the quality of the timeline, they could screw it up, hard, but it's a question of faith I suppose, I believe in them (here's hoping they make  medusa heads this time). To be honest, every bit of CV news make my day  :)

(Except the Pahislot stuff, yuck)

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
So everything aside, how is this news?

Also, Ahasverus, Pachislot is massive in Japan. I tried it when I went there, and to be honest, it was kind of fun.
Whole place smelled like nicotine, though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:56:34 PM by e105beta »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
on the contrary i'd forgive them if they made Leirbag Belmont, and he could look like Dycedarg Beoulve

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
on the contrary i'd forgive them if they made Leirbag Belmont, and he could look like Dycedarg Beoulve
LOL, I love FFT to death. Awesome story, but some of those names were horrid. It's like when I make fun of typical high fantasy settings by saying characters have names like "Perriwinkle Wumblefoot" and "Gafagell Wimwillow". Y'know, the "Come hither, good fellow, and let us talk of our ventures as we listen to thee minstrels while partaking of our mutton and mead!", LOL! It's a type of fantasy that's particular in taste, and I like it from time to time(the Ultima series was kinda like that, back in the day), but kinda gets silly. Funny enough, those types of fantasy worlds look a lot like the world seen in LoS, the whole Earthy Medieval setting. In the 70s and 80s, they'd be play Progressive rock and metal. Maybe some Styx "Crystal Ball" and Dio "Holy Diver". LOL! ;D

Offline crystos

• chained in the lower levels of the cursed prison
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
i  am genuinely excited to see where this is going. LOS was the best thing to happen to castlevania in YEARS. it actually got castlevania back into  mass gaming conciousness

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
i  am genuinely excited to see where this is going. LOS was the best thing to happen to castlevania in YEARS. it actually got castlevania back into  mass gaming conciousness

In the West. What about Japan? if Domestic sales dont do well...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And I will do it anytime I can, every day that passes comes with the realization that IGA was terrible in lots of aspects for the series :P
The thing is, these guys have -according to this- lots of stories connected in a way that /makes sense/, they have no reason to make fillers, for the sound of this they have material for lots of games, generations could pass even before we see the arc completed

There is a reason, it's called money. And they'll always have that reason.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
In the West. What about Japan? if Domestic sales dont do well...

I was checking up on that recently.  Lords of Shadow sold 111,800 copies in Japan, which is about 13% of LoS Global sales.  After a big opening week there, the sales dropped quite sharply...  Meanwhile in the US, sales remained strong and steady past the first 3 months --with a much slower and steadier decline thereafter.

The fact is (even at 13%) Lords of Shadow sold more copies in Japan, than Castlevania Judgment sold Globally.  So just from a sales perspective, it's safe bet that LoS is getting a sequel --regardless of the Japanese...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Sales in Japan are not surprising, considering they prefer playing Pachislot games.

And yeah, LoS was one of the coolest things that happened to CV over a few years, maybe since SotN.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

At this point I just want a new Castlevania game, or at least an announcement. I don't care what it is, but I'm getting tired of the silence. It's almost 1,5 years since LoS came out, or maybe not really, but ALMOST. (HoDespair on PS3 doesn't count). I wasn't crazy about LoS, but LoS2 would be fine for now. But I would much rather hear something about a 3DS Castlevania. It's BOUND to happen in 2012, don't you agree? Or at least early 2013.

Tags: