Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CONFIRMED: The LOS Storyline spans centuries, more Belmonts, possibly coming  (Read 23736 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The reply had a little grandstanding, but it was no more discouraging than what Konami themselves would have posted.

You totally missed the entire point of my post there. Please re-read it (assuming you actually read it the first time, I really can't tell).

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
You totally missed the entire point of my post there. Please re-read it (assuming you actually read it the first time, I really can't tell).

Not really, we're just not connecting.  Let's try point by point instead.

Cecilkain, You really have to stop this. You're seriously doing more damage than good here.  You WANT people to ask the question OSM did. By replying in that manner you are DISCOURAGING that question from being posted, while making Konami seemingly unable to answer on their own. This only hurts the cause you claim to stand for.

Let me put this another way...  Let's suppose Konami had answered uzo's question with their discouraging response, what would be the difference?  Unless of course you don't expect an answer in the first place...  And even if that's the case, Konami's still getting the message regardless of any other replies that get posted.

Now follow me here, if everyone stopped asking 'whens the next Castlevania?' then now it appears NO ONE cares. If you keep answering for Konami, it not only insults them but also erases the importance of the person asking. If they do not reply themselves, they cant feel the importance being stressed.

Like I said before the Official Page has about 158,000 fans with a few hundred actively engaged --and out of the few hundred that are actively engaged, only the noobs are asking these kinds of questions.  The regular visitors are all to familiar with Konami's "standard response".  So let's pretend for a moment that YOU are leading the Konami Facebook team.  Do you really think tens of thousands of your Facebook fans really don't care just because they're not asking for something, that the team has already tried answering and addressing hundreds of times before?

You want people to keep asking that question in HIGH volume. Even if the Konami employees do not tell you about the next new Castlevania, they were forced to post regardless. You want that. The more they have to tell people they don't know, the more they FEEL the popularity and importance of the series.

How would you define "high volume"?  We're talking about a Facebook Page with 158,000 fans --I'd say you need to be able to mobilize fans numbering in the thousands at least.  How do you accomplish that when only a few hundred are actively engaged with the Facebook Page?  The reality is that most of the Castlevania fanbase is off playing some damn good games that came out this past year...  No meaningful campaign can happen without those folks coming home to lend their support --and that won't happen until Konami puts Castlevania back in the news.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Obviously, I'm REALLY looking forward to LoS2. LoS, while not perfect, was almost exactly what I wanted out of a 3Dvania.

Haters be damned :P
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Let me put this another way...  Let's suppose Konami had answered uzo's question with their discouraging response, what would be the difference?  Unless of course you don't expect an answer in the first place...  And even if that's the case, Konami's still getting the message regardless of any other replies that get posted.

The difference is them having to respond themselves which makes ALL the difference. This is clearly written already in my first post.

Like I said before the Official Page has about 158,000 fans with a few hundred actively engaged --and out of the few hundred that are actively engaged, only the noobs are asking these kinds of questions.  The regular visitors are all to familiar with Konami's "standard response".  So let's pretend for a moment that YOU are leading the Konami Facebook team.  Do you really think tens of thousands of your Facebook fans really don't care just because they're not asking for something, that the team has already tried answering and addressing hundreds of times before?

You are firstly presuming they honestly give a shit. That is mistake number one. You also have to remember this is their job. If it is out of sight, it is out of mind. It is as simple as that. You want them to get sick of answering it, because then they will begin to realize how much news is wanted.

How would you define "high volume"?  We're talking about a Facebook Page with 158,000 fans --I'd say you need to be able to mobilize fans numbering in the thousands at least.  How do you accomplish that when only a few hundred are actively engaged with the Facebook Page?  The reality is that most of the Castlevania fanbase is off playing some damn good games that came out this past year...  No meaningful campaign can happen without those folks coming home to lend their support --and that won't happen until Konami puts Castlevania back in the news.

It is YOUR job to put Castlevania into the spot light and news, and YOUR job to recruit people to stage a high volume question campaign. Konami obviously doesn't give a shit anymore, and have no reason or obligation to do what you want. This is your movement, so why are you sitting back waiting for something to magically happen? Get out there and actually work toward the cause. Otherwise, what the hell are you even doing with 'Operation Akumajo'?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Ill say what ive said many a time. Take 100,000 strong/Get me off the moon as an example. The way they do things.

Though again, the scope and reasons for both are hardly comparable. 100,000 strong has far more reason for existing than OA does.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:55:58 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
The difference is them having to respond themselves which makes ALL the difference. This is clearly written already in my first post.

What you're missing here is the fact that Konami responds at their own pleasure --not the pleasure of the fans.  Watch the Page for a couple weeks and see how many of the hundreds of fan comments actually get a direct response...

You are firstly presuming they honestly give a shit. That is mistake number one.

Where did you get *that* presumption?

You also have to remember this is their job. If it is out of sight, it is out of mind. It is as simple as that. You want them to get sick of answering it, because then they will begin to realize how much news is wanted.

If they get sick of answering, they will (and they do) STOP answering.  And like you just said "high volume" is needed to create the kind of impact that's needed...

It is YOUR job to put Castlevania into the spot light and news, and YOUR job to recruit people to stage a high volume question campaign. Konami obviously doesn't give a shit anymore, and have no reason or obligation to do what you want. This is your movement, so why are you sitting back waiting for something to magically happen? Get out there and actually work toward the cause. Otherwise, what the hell are you even doing with 'Operation Akumajo'?

Considering you still haven't defined "high volume" I'm presuming you actually agree with my definition.  The question here is --how does OA reach the tens of thousands of fans that are busy playing other games, without the advantage of Konami breaking any major news to put Castlevania back on IGN's front page.  Your answer appears to be ---make your own news.  R-i-g-h-t...  Since you didn't give any clear examples of how to do that, let's entertain a fantasy.  Just for the sake of argument, let's suppose one of the editors of IGN offered an interview right now and published it tomorrow.  Who would actually end up reading it?  The hardest of the hardcore that already know about us.

As for what I'm doing right now with OA ...  I am still exploring options to produce a Demon Castle War teaser...  Still soliciting assistance within the community...  Still developing new propaganda...  Still networking here and elsewhere to reach the like-minded...  But you need to remember OA is not a JOB.  I am a hardcore fan VOLUNTEERING my time and energy to a cause I feel passionately about --it's not a personal service to you.

Ill say what ive said many a time. Take 100,000 strong/Get me off the moon as an example. The way they do things.

Though again, the scope and reasons for both are hardly comparable. 100,000 strong has far more reason for existing than OA does.

Apples and oranges in sooo many ways.  We've had that conversation before, but let's have it again --when it's a fair comparison.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Job or not, if you're going to do it do it right. Otherwise, what is the whole point?

You've done blah blah this and blah blah that, but you're still running in circles and not handling things right. You stole the naming scheme of Operation Rainfall, so why not pay attention to the other things they did? I'm sorry but, you've honestly done jack shit compared to what they've been organizing.

Operation Rainfall, and 100,000 Strong for Legends 3 got in the news all over the place. It's no fantasy goal, it's what you need. Haven't you been paying attention to the movements that proceed you? And no, they're NOT apples and oranges. Their tactics are VERY much applicable to your cause and just about any cause in general.

You want me to provide examples all the time, and I will say as do others, to look at those who came before you. Clearly you don't see their applicable features or understand the correlation behind their results and their actions. You want me to waste a few hours of my time writing you a god damned essay on the break down of Operation Rainfall and 100,000 Strong? And then what? Given your track record so far, would you even understand it all and be able to apply it to the cause? Forgive my pessimistic attitude, but you've shown me nothing that would lead me to believe that.

Do not misunderstand my posting as concern for OA or wanting to help. At this point I don't believe the redemption of Operation Akumajo is even possible. The only thing it's achieving is making the fan base look like a bunch of retards and assholes. I just want it to dissolve so another can take it's place, with a new leadership, and the hope that it does things even remotely right.

Occupy Castlevania, anyone? (Sindra for president!)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
Job or not, if you're going to do it do it right. Otherwise, what is the whole point?

You've done blah blah this and blah blah that, but you're still running in circles and not handling things right. You stole the naming scheme of Operation Rainfall, so why not pay attention to the other things they did? I'm sorry but, you've honestly done jack shit compared to what they've been organizing.

Operation Rainfall, and 100,000 Strong for Legends 3 got in the news all over the place. It's no fantasy goal, it's what you need. Haven't you been paying attention to the movements that proceed you? And no, they're NOT apples and oranges. Their tactics are VERY much applicable to your cause and just about any cause in general.

Uzo, this is video game industry news we're talking about.

THE FANS DON'T MAKE THE NEWS, THE GAMES MAKE THE NEWS.

Megaman Legends 3's cancellation is what put 100,000 Strong in the news.  If Legends 3 had never been announced, 100,000 Strong would be in exactly the same boat that Operation: Akumajo is right now.  As for Operation Rainfall, they actually formed on IGN's forums and received favorable coverage on the IGN website just a few days after Nintendo announced that Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower would not be localized for North American release.  One might suspect the editors had some bias or vested interest in OR from the start, but even if that were true, the games themselves were still newsworthy.

So uzo, with these facts in mind --how do we follow their lead without a relevant game in the news?

You want me to provide examples all the time, and I will say as do others, to look at those who came before you. Clearly you don't see their applicable features or understand the correlation behind their results and their actions. You want me to waste a few hours of my time writing you a god damned essay on the break down of Operation Rainfall and 100,000 Strong? And then what? Given your track record so far, would you even understand it all and be able to apply it to the cause? Forgive my pessimistic attitude, but you've shown me nothing that would lead me to believe that.

Of course I expect specifics and examples!  At the very least it would give your trolling some real credibility and elevate our conversation.  Your comparison to Operation Rainfall and 100,000 Strong may be understandable on the surface, but ultimately you're either uninformed and or grossly unfair --at least in terms of following their example for media exposure...  The idea that a novice group of a couple hundred fans can approach a major media company like IGN, and expect an interview or an article, without any newsworthy game to sell the story...  Well, that's just an utterly foolish idea.

Do not misunderstand my posting as concern for OA or wanting to help. At this point I don't believe the redemption of Operation Akumajo is even possible. The only thing it's achieving is making the fan base look like a bunch of retards and assholes. I just want it to dissolve so another can take it's place, with a new leadership, and the hope that it does things even remotely right

Occupy Castlevania, anyone? (Sindra for president!)

Well uzo, regardless of your dissent, Operation: Akumajo will carry on without you.  As for Occupy Castlevania, you may want to get started on that yourself...   It looks like Sindra may have other plans....  ;)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
It's clear that you just don't get it, and probably never will. Oh well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Guys. This thread is about LoS. Uzo, if you want to argue with Cecil in another OA argument, take it to private messages. Try to keep the threads on-topic, would you?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I agree.  Keep it on topic, fellas.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Obviously, I'm REALLY looking forward to LoS2. LoS, while not perfect, was almost exactly what I wanted out of a 3Dvania.

Haters be damned :P
I never wanted Castlevania to be God of War and Uncharted bastard child, as a proper 3D game... but this shit is what most of the western gamers likes now (open world games, automatic cinematic gameplay, etc).

I thought it would be more in the line with LoI, but with non-shitty level design.

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
I Think Dave Cox Tease about Lords of Shadow 2  :D

Here is the link in Blue...

''24 games that will define gaming in 2012''
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330256/features/24-games-that-will-define-gaming-in-2012-part-1/?page=5

Dave Cox's Twitter
http://twitter.com/castlevanialos

Tags:

anything