Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: News: Dave Cox about continuing LoS after 2: My head says no, my heart yes  (Read 56759 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
There's liking LoS games and then there's putting them on a pedestal where they are considered flawless pieces of work. Dude reminds me of some fanboys on GameFAQs regarding Motomu Toriyama's direction in the Final Fantasy series. "All hail God-King Toriyama, and his perfect vision of the future of the Final Fantasy series. Let ALL Final Fantasies from here on end star Lightning as their main character!!!!".

Perfect analogy!
Sigh... when will some people stop putting things on the pedestal when in reality they are not flawless.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I know people who had their first (or not first but serious first) exposition to Castlevania with
Lords of Shadow and they adore it and bash the old eries for not being like that. howver I've never seen an old school fan saying that no Castlevania before LoS is wothy of the Cv title (dafuq?). This is news to me.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think CV will always have a different meaning to every fan. And we all have a personalized ideal CV in our minds, which might not be the same one with the rest of the fans.

Tags:

anything