Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Can we have Hagihara back?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
+2
So, the recent news have arrived and Koji Igarashi is not with us anymore. That kills a few hopes and dreams and lets the Japanese branch of the series without a baton. It is true that the whole series has a big question mark on it's forhead due to lukewarm reception to Lords of Shadow 2, so drastic changes must be made if it went to keep existing. I don't think it will die (it survived judgment) but Konami needs a master hand to keep it firm again, so.. why not bring man the man responsible for the golden age of Classicvania: Toru Hagihara.

He, now an important high chief executive in Konami was responsible for some games you may heard about

- Contra 1 and 2 NES
- Tiny Toons NES
- Castlevania: Belmont's Revenge
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
- Castlevania: Symphony of the night
He was promoted shortly before finishing development of this last game.

His role in Symphony is disputed but there's n doubt he wouldn't had retained the director credit if he hadn't a significant role. As you can see, he's had his hand on some of the most beloved titles in the series, he has a vision and the ability to make it happen, and while he's a "suit" now, don't these times of distress need a man in high power to save the series?

In my opinion, Konami japan can't give the series to an inexperienced producer again, that is pretty much fatal. We need a man (or woman) witha  firm vision, with experience, that is able to say NO when needed (that's what Cox lacked) and of course with Castlevania sensibilities.

Please, Konami, can we have Hagihara back?

Everything comes full circle

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »
So, the recent news have arrived and Koji Igarashi is not with us anymore.

He is, he is still alive, he is NOT with Konami anymore.   ;D
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »
+1
He is, he is still alive, he is NOT with Konami anymore.   ;D
Hahaha. He's not with Castlevania anymore, meaning us :P We're like legion.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »
I seconded with this post! Or Nobuya Nakazato for better or worse XD

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
If Konami had no remorse in putting out the atrocity that Silent Hill HD was, they will have no qualms in giving Castlevania to some amateur developer who will screw up the series' new title. Sorry for the pessimism but I want to warn you guys: the Konami of the Rondo of Blood era is no more. Our only hope is for Kojima to take the franchise under his wing and have him decide who will continue the series, instead of some random suit at Konami who gives no shit about the fans.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »
If Konami had no remorse in putting out the atrocity that Silent Hill HD was, they will have no qualms in giving Castlevania to some amateur developer who will screw up the series' new title. Sorry for the pessimism but I want to warn you guys: the Konami of the Rondo of Blood era is no more. Our only hope is for Kojima to take the franchise under his wing and have him decide who will continue the series, instead of some random suit at Konami who gives no shit about the fans.
Kojima is eyeing Silent Hill now, I don't think he wants another Castleania for a while. I just want an experienced producer, ut Hagihara would be the best thing ever. Just imagine.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
In my opinion, Konami japan can't give the series to an inexperienced producer again, that is pretty much fatal. We need a man (or woman) witha  firm vision, with experience, that is able to say NO when needed (that's what Cox lacked) and of course with Castlevania sensibilities.

Please, Konami, can we have Hagihara back?
I second this. The franchise needs to be properly understood in order to have its coherence and clarity of vision maintained -- hence the need for a producer with some appreciable mileage within the series. Especially now that IGA's left the picture, Hagihara is a fairly obvious choice.

I'm just not sure if it's a realistic one.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:17:47 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Tags:

anything