Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Climax Studios posts job listing on Facebook.. uses Castlevania picture.  (Read 20257 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Really? The closest thing to Castlevania they've developed is Rocket Knight, and that's just by virtue of it being a 2D platformer. They're going to have to do more than that to convince me.

Besides, LoS-Ultimate was a port, not an original game; all Climax had to do was adapt the engine and the controls for the PC. Everything else came from MercurySteam.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
No really, they are a great studio, they already had experience with reboots (and great stories) with Silent Hill Shattered Memories.
I really don't care for any of the Western stabs at the SH franchise. Tomm Hulett's(Mr. "I'm the Silent Hill living Bible") ego really fucked over the series(he isn't with Climax, but he was the head producer similar to Cox's role with the LoS series). People think IGA was bad, the the WORST. For all the shit Cox has said to ruffle feathers, Hulett was considerably worse. Glad he's not with Konami anymore.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I like Climax because they had the thing many outsourcing studios lack: respect to the source material. Their graphics engines are great too (Shattered Memories could pass for a 360 game). Their experience with mercury's engine gave then veery valuable information as hitbox placement, animation timing and asset location.

And Draginslayer: Silent Hill Downpour is amazing and a great return to form, it was made by Vatra Games and it irks love to the series. You should check it out.

Everything comes full circle

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Crisis?

I could be wrong, but I think he meant "crisis averted" as in there's no solid reason to think there's going to be anymore LoS garbage, regardless of who may be making it.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I like Climax because they had the thing many outsourcing studios lack: respect to the source material. Their graphics engines are great too (Shattered Memories could pass for a 360 game). Their experience with mercury's engine gave then veery valuable information as hitbox placement, animation timing and asset location.

And Draginslayer: Silent Hill Downpour is amazing and a great return to form, it was made by Vatra Games and it irks love to the series. You should check it out.

+1 Downpour was awesome  ;D ( I lover Homecoming too)
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

I've played all the Western made SH games and all of them are pretty bad(IMO). Tomm Hulett was the driving force behind all of them, and his boner for SH2 is pretty evident. It's because of HIM that people believe Silent Hill's main theme is about the main heroes facing their "dark personal demons", when it's not. He shaped the series that way because he was given control of it, and acted like his knowledge of the series was law. Meh, as far as opinions go, just like I'm pretty much aligned with the Spoony One regarding Final Fantasy, my opinion on the SH series is aligned with these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FalconFX123

Of course, that being said, Hulett's not with Konami anymore, so with him went his hubris.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:01:27 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I could be wrong, but I think he meant "crisis averted" as in there's no solid reason to think there's going to be anymore LoS garbage, regardless of who may be making it.
Keep dreaming there will be another kind of "garbage" in a console again, handhelds are our 2D hope at this point :(

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Im not saying don't jump to conclusions.

But don't jump to conclusions.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
ooohhhh....
If they are hiring, then there must be an upcoming big project.
If they are making the next castlevania, I just hope they don't do a reboot or lookalike of LoS. LoS should die peacefully.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
What was the picture? It's gone now.

EDIT: Oh great, this means more LoS then...

Count me out this time.

Now now, we don't know this yet.

And if it is, who knows, a different developer could be good for LoS.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
It's still very early days.  Time will tell, and we will see, for better or for worse.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
On their Twitter feed, they have the same picture of Gabriel by the waterfall staircase.

I can only hope that if they are working with Castlevania, they avoid Lords of Shadow 2's pitfalls and bring in things that made the first and Mirror of Fate fun and enjoyable (art direction, visuals, nods to classic games) while bringing in something fresh.

If they aren't, then best of luck to whatever they are working on, and then we'll see what's next for Castlevania, if there is anything.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
It's quite possible that image is up there just because they did the port, not necessarily because their next game is a CV.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Now now, we don't know this yet.

And if it is, who knows, a different developer could be good for LoS.

Nope.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: