Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Climax Studios posts job listing on Facebook.. uses Castlevania picture.  (Read 20249 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
It's quite possible that image is up there just because they did the port, not necessarily because their next game is a CV.

True, but at the same time, the picture is just kinda....there? I mean, they want to recruit people so they put up this picture of a game they ported, without any context? I don't know.  :-X

I guess it could be to show they want something like that...but we'll just have to see what they say.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I want my 3D Castlevania done by Konami and made in FOX Engine. No exceptions. Gimme a TRUE open world Castlevania, not what LOS2 did. I want a game starring Simon's Adventures as a Barbarian who doesn't give a damn about family's tradition with Dracula, but destroys him because he has to. He lives away from the towns and churches and spends his time Hunting animals and "Great Beasts". That's the Kind of Open World Castlevania I want. Big MGS Open World and Big Exploration of Castlevania with a little bit of Monster Hunter on the side menu and a little bit of RPG for Dessert. I wanna have that typical Main Hero Warrior Gameplay with Cabela's Hunting Simulator 2015 and Vampire Hunters. I want ALL the classic subweapons back. Make it the Castlevania Chronicles REBOOT. All the Original Timeline games done like this. If 2D isn't whats coming next, then I want all my 3D games done with Budget and Passion. I'm tired of bullshit trailers giving me empty hypes don't do no justice for the gameplay and I'm done clinging to the past CV's since I'm done playing the shit out of them. If I can't get me some of that good shit, then I ain't giving them shit to begin with.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I want my 3D Castlevania done by Konami and made in FOX Engine. No exceptions. Gimme a TRUE open world Castlevania, not what LOS2 did. I want a game starring Simon's Adventures as a Barbarian who doesn't give a damn about family's tradition with Dracula, but destroys him because he has to. He lives away from the towns and churches and spends his time Hunting animals and "Great Beasts". That's the Kind of Open World Castlevania I want. Big MGS Open World and Big Exploration of Castlevania with a little bit of Monster Hunter on the side menu and a little bit of RPG for Dessert. I wanna have that typical Main Hero Warrior Gameplay with Cabela's Hunting Simulator 2015 and Vampire Hunters. I want ALL the classic subweapons back. Make it the Castlevania Chronicles REBOOT. All the Original Timeline games done like this. If 2D isn't whats coming next, then I want all my 3D games done with Budget and Passion. I'm tired of bullshit trailers giving me empty hypes don't do no justice for the gameplay and I'm done clinging to the past CV's since I'm done playing the shit out of them. If I can't get me some of that good shit, then I ain't giving them shit to begin with.
I want my true 3D CV, taking the best aspects of the CV64 games, the 3D IGAvanias and LoS series, cutting out the shit and making a really tight 3D CV experience out of the cream of the crop. Never gonna get it, though.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I want my true 3D CV, taking the best aspects of the CV64 games, the 3D IGAvanias and LoS series, cutting out the shit and making a really tight 3D CV experience out of the cream of the crop. Never gonna get it, though.
AMEN

Everything comes full circle

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
And at least make the damn thing take place in TransylVANIA. And without Scottish accents...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
only other group besides MS I would trust with LoS is Konami themselves
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
MercurySteam has went through great pains to arrange a smooth departure, so why don't we respect their wishes and give Lords of Shadow a rest, at least for the time being? There is an end to everything, and considering what the studio has already delivered, I honestly think that it's for the best.

Besides, at this point, I'm more interested in which developer I'd trust with Castlevania than in which developer I'd trust with Lords of Shadow, because I really don't care to see the LoS universe become the next Castlevania milking cow. To put it in Cox's words, the studio has said everything it had wanted to say, and now it's time to move on.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
People like what they know, I guess.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
MercurySteam has went through great pains to arrange a smooth departure, so why don't we respect their wishes and give Lords of Shadow a rest, at least for the time being? There is an end to everything, and considering what the studio has already delivered, I honestly think that it's for the best.

Besides, at this point, I'm more interested in which developer I'd trust with Castlevania than in which developer I'd trust with Lords of Shadow, because I really don't care to see the LoS universe become the next Castlevania milking cow. To put it in Cox's words, the studio has said everything it had wanted to say, and now it's time to move on.

It's sad, though, because I'm certain that Lords of Shadow 2 was not the way that the majority of MercurySteam workers wanted to see it go. I bet they had many fantastic ideas that were dismissed by greedy and uncaring bosses at both MercurySteam and Konami. I just hope that they aren't dismissed by the people who played Lords of Shadow 2, because I couldn't love the first game and Mirror of Fate more, and it's sad that they had to leave like this.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Exactly. If the LoS series had been completed and its vision fulfilled as promised there wouldn't be problem with a new reboot, but it feels like they /owe/ us something, the promised greatness and closure that never came. The foundations were there, all it takes is a good studio that focuses in gameplay, adventure and atmosphere, hopefully being more respectful with the legacy. We need our payoff.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Exactly. If the LoS series had been completed and its vision fulfilled as promised there wouldn't be problem with a new reboot, but it feels like they /owe/ us something, the promised greatness and closure that never came. The foundations were there, all it takes is a good studio that focuses in gameplay, adventure and atmosphere, hopefully being more respectful with the legacy. We need our payoff.

That's how I feel. I remember watching the very first trailer for the game the day it was released, and watching it now all I can think is, "What happened to that game? Where's the dragon, the infamous enemy of God, the creature who's descendants will try to defeat him over and over and over? The master of powers that has no fear of anyone in the world?"

We need that game.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
And at least make the damn thing take place in TransylVANIA. And without Scottish accents...
LoS wasn't in Transylvania?

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

I don't think it was given outright that it was in Transylvania, only in Europe of course. I think players had to assume it was in Transylvania, although it wasn't that hard to assume.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
That's how I feel. I remember watching the very first trailer for the game the day it was released, and watching it now all I can think is, "What happened to that game? Where's the dragon, the infamous enemy of God, the creature who's descendants will try to defeat him over and over and over? The master of powers that has no fear of anyone in the world?"

We need that game.

IGA & his new studio will give us that type of game, a spiritual successor. I have no faith in Konami anymore.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
The LoS saga takes place in Transylvania: we can see it clearly during the "Great Explosion".

Tags: