Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I've always wondered...  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:26 AM »
I didn't remember but Jonathan and Charlotte were SO young when they went into Drac's castle.

John must have trained Jonathan when he was super young if he died quite some time ago (before Eric died at least). He must have been like 12! xD

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »
Chances are all the members of the Belmont family were reared early on in their lives to combat evil. This would make them exceptional warriors compared to others (putting their mystical bloodline aside).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
I dont think that all members are trained, I think that only the chosen are.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 07:12:30 PM »
I dont think that all members are trained, I think that only the chosen are.

I don't think that's the case. If it were then what would happen to humanity when the hero is killed and there is no other trained Belmont members? It would spell certain doom. Although only a small few have ever combated evil I do feel that all members of the family receive some equivalent amount of training just in case. For instance; both the Lecarde and Morris family are of Belmont decent however they are not of the main family line. Yet they have training just in case they are called upon by destiny to confront evil. If something happens to the main family line then there must be a back-up contingency to thwart the evil.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »
But Jonathan said he was trained by his father, so...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 02:00:55 AM »
I don't think that's the case. If it were then what would happen to humanity when the hero is killed and there is no other trained Belmont members? It would spell certain doom.

Ask Richter, he is a living proof that no other Belmont was there when needed, only Maria is shown searching him. :P

Although only a small few have ever combated evil I do feel that all members of the family receive some equivalent amount of training just in case.

I agree that maybe they are trained in a very basic manner, but that training being more intellectual than for combat. It would be the most foolish thing to train all Belmonts if they are not chosen carefully, since some of them could become evil, imagine a lot of Belmonts with grudge for not becoming the whip user being controlled by Dracula.

For instance; both the Lecarde and Morris family are of Belmont decent however they are not of the main family line. Yet they have training just in case they are called upon by destiny to confront evil. If something happens to the main family line then there must be a back-up contingency to thwart the evil.

Morris being descendants from Belmonts is right, but I've never heard about Lecarde being too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
Morris being descendants from Belmonts is right, but I've never heard about Lecarde being too.

This was one of IGA's changes so you can ask him for details.

Ask Richter, he is a living proof that no other Belmont was there when needed, only Maria is shown searching him. :P

Maria is blood-related to the Belmonts so she would fit in the classification of back-up contingency.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:40 AM »
This was one of IGA's changes so you can ask him for details.

Oh so thats it then xD

Maria is blood-related to the Belmonts

Never heard that too. Also its funny that Alucard didnt mention anything about Maria's scent being of a Belmont.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
Also its funny that Alucard didnt mention anything about Maria's scent being of a Belmont.

Maybe cuz he prefers the scent of male Belmonts...
Yikes, I'm out....  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 12:44:34 AM »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 01:43:57 AM »
Judgment manual page 22

Maria is blood-related to the Belmonts
Dracula X Chronicles manual page 4

About Maria, reference was already made by original RoB.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:14 AM »
Thanks Koutei, you've been helping me a lot lately :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »

LOL! Nice one Shiroi Koumori. Such a dirty girl  :-X

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »
LOL! Nice one Shiroi Koumori. Such a dirty girl  :-X

Hehehe. The opportunity to write it just came and I can't help it. I just can't....  ;D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »

What do you mean maybe;D

Judgment manual page 22
Dracula X Chronicles manual page 4

About Maria, reference was already made by original RoB.

But Judgement isn't canon to the main timeline though, at least not last I heard. IGA might have said they were related but I don't think Judgement can be counted on for such things since so many other elements were altered for it.

anything