Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Adventure Time's studio is (allegedly) making new Castlevania animated series  (Read 12110 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
If you have to point out the fact that it's "ultra-violent" there is a problem with the concept.

If they think mindless loads of gore and adult humor is what CV fans want, they may be in for a rude awakening.

I would take erotic violence over ultra violence any day. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:04:26 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Well, to be fair, whipping a plethora of different rotten enemies to death would probably qualify as "ultraviolent". Violence itself is not a focus in the games because most of them didnt lend themselves to showcase it by design but if you think "tridimentionally" of what we do and what we see in the 2D games, it'd be pretty gory at the very least

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Well, to be fair, whipping a plethora of different rotten enemies to death would probably qualify as "ultraviolent". Violence itself is not a focus in the games because most of them didnt lend themselves to showcase it by design but if you think "tridimentionally" of what we do and what we see in the 2D games, it'd be pretty gory at the very least

Yes, but the point is: That is an afterthought.

Like, if you tell me you'll make a Castlevania movie, "there will be a lot of gore because you're whipping rotten zombies" is not something you have to tell me. It's something that is implied because that's something present naturally on the medium.

When you DO tell me it will be "super violent", then it seems that you're putting too much focus on the afterthought. You should be telling me "It'll focus on the struggles of X and Y" or "It'll show how X came to pass" or even "The animation will be super fluid." "Super violence" doesn't tell me anything I don't know, but it does tell me you don't get Castlevania's appeal.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
"Super violence" doesn't tell me anything I don't know, but it does tell me you don't get Castlevania's appeal.

Yep. One of the great things about the series is that different games appeal to different subsets of the horror genre. The earlier games appeal to the sensibilities of the cheesy Universal and Hammer crossover creature features. While Symphony of the Night and the games that followed mostly appealed to the Gothic-romantic sub-genre. Both of which are far away from splatterpunk. As a horror fan I've always found gore by itself pretty boring* so I hope if this gets made they don't rely on that.

*I'd much rather see a cool, well designed creature than yet another decapitation or disembowelment etc. Even Hellsing, as gory as it is, remains a fun series which if not entirely original in its concepts (vampires working for the good guys, a secret government organization to deal with the supernatural, Nazi occult experiments, Dracula going by the name of Alucard) presents all of said ideas in a competent and enjoyably over the top, unapologetically tasteless and hedonistic way.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:10:00 PM by Ratty »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So if this gets popular enough, can we expect Castlevania The Cartoon: The Game?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Heard about this news just now and INSTANTLY came here.

Captain N Simon Belmont or cancelled.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
So if this gets popular enough, can we expect Castlevania The Cartoon: The Game?

"Castlevania the Cartoon: The Pachislot" more likely.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
In light of this news, I thought it would be interesting (or morbidly fascinating) to post this cringy summary of the original script for the Dracula's Curse movie:

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/14077952/Castlevania-Deck

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
In light of this news, I thought it would be interesting (or morbidly fascinating) to post this cringy summary of the original script for the Dracula's Curse movie:

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/14077952/Castlevania-Deck

"Draculamagically appears before the villagers and warns them he will return in oneyear to exact his revenge for the killing of his wife."

...You couldn't show up like... a few minutes earlier there, Drac?

Ugh. That whole thing sounds like something that a 15-year-old came up with while doodling on his classwork in high school, not something a famed writer came up with.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Makes me want to write a CV3 script.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I really wanna curl up and die now...

That whole thing sounds like something that a 15-year-old came up with while doodling on his classwork in high school, not something a famed writer came up with.

A 15 year old could have come up with a much better story then the imbeciles whom wrote that piece of trash. Those people don't know what Castlevania is or how to properly represent it, let alone present it to us as a movie.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Makes me want to write a CV3 script.

Makes me want to write a fanfic.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
The problem with This, and the Megaman cartoon that is being made, is that there does not seem to be anyone working on these things that take the source material seriously at all.
I don't know.
I feel like the only way a CV cartoon can ever not suck for most viewers is for it to be fan made.
And I mean made by fans that want to bring the games to life without the gimmick of making a "new and fresh" interpretation for people that that are not already fans and couldn't give three shits how different it is from the source material.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 09:40:01 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
"Lords of Shadow sucked 6 years ago and it still sucks now. I'd rather inhale skunk shit than ever play Lords of Shadow again. That fat fuck David Cox and his his senior citizen lover Enric Alvarez took a big spanish shit on your favorite franchise of all time. I still want my two on one boxing match with those sacks of T-Rex shit." -Rugal

That is a direct quote from Rugal on another thread here regarding the infamous Lords of Shadow series & Dave "Let's make CV great again" Cox. If you would all be so kind as to replace any instance of Dave and Lords of Shadow being mentioned with "Adi Shankar" and "CV III ultra violent animation", you'd get my sentiments on this.

Uzo, who has been my boyfriend since June of this year (long story, Street Fighter creates bonds), told me about this fucking abortion almost immediately upon waking this morning. I became genuinely angry, sad, and nauseas. I shit you not. Ready your pitchforks internets, we have a hell of a shitstorm to mount...or not...whatever, this coupled with other things going on in my life right now have cost me the will to live. Laina out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:17:43 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Tags: