Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: what if the next 3-D Castlevania is like this?  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: what if the next 3-D Castlevania is like this?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »
In Reply To #1

If the next 3D Castlevania is of Ninja Gaiden 2 quality, I will eat my hat.

Please make me eat my hat, Konami. Please?

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »
..and that's why forums like this exist, so others can dispute your opinion so try not to get so easily offended

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 04:32:31 PM »
I didnt get offended but yah I know there are 10 games that could blow it out of the water but, once again though I am not always looks at grafic quality but a whole spectrum of things. And if it did appear I got niffed was because of your arrogant a dress to my opinon.

You'll get used to that around here. People like to continually bash the same game over and over. Those zealots don't understand that they already made their point, and should leave.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
..and that's why forums like this exist, so others can dispute your opinion so try not to get so easily offended  ::)

That's true, but "your opinion sucks, I'm right" comments don't really lead to much worthwhile discussion.  A perfect example would be this discussion we're having right now  :-X
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 07:10:09 PM by Blue Successor »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
In Reply To #19

Yeah, that is a problem I remember when I used to like CoD as my favorite CV game. Wow.

Hey, btw, Successor, whats wrong with the multimedia on your site, and when will it be back up?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
I didn't realize that what I was typing would cause such an uproar.. I was just responding to an outragous claim. If I recall even IGA himself said that his developers need to improve on the 3D engine of CV, so for me to read anything praising the ps2 cv's raises a big WTF in my head & I'm gonna say it. Without discussions like this then we'll just have a bunch of "what/who's your favorite _____" topics
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:59:29 AM by Crisis »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »
The graphics weren't bad in cod, it was the gameplay & level structure. And the lame plot.

Hmm, the only negative I see there is the level structure. Interesting...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
I must add my 2 cents.

COD's levels were BORING, except for Garibaldi Temple. Although I love the soundtrack.

LOI was a better game overall, but still doesn't represent what Castlevania should be in 3D.

Uh, I haven't played the new Ninja Gaiden games, so can't comment there, but their art and level design look far superior to CV's recent attempts and the action looks solid too. From what I hear, it's one of the best straight action experiences. I also heard it's mercilessly hard.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Tags: