Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Few questions about Drac, Galamoth...  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Few questions about Drac, Galamoth...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
It may just be me, But I think that Galamoth  looks like Huitzilopochtli Crossed with Quetzalcoatl, and  Aztecs have links to vampires. 

But that's just in my head canon, and I'm most likely wrong.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
hard to say

the amount and gold motif of the armor definitely lines up a bit with aztec battle dress in places, but not enough for me to think that's the intent

likewise, it also has elements that feel a bit mesopotamian or babylonian

there's also some distantly egyptian and african-feeling vibes in some spots too, etc etc

dude's all the hell over the place with thinking up what culture inspired his design, he's too "specific but vague" to really nail anything down unless the source designer themselves drops the hammer on it

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »
hard to say

the amount and gold motif of the armor definitely lines up a bit with aztec battle dress in places, but not enough for me to think that's the intent

likewise, it also has elements that feel a bit mesopotamian or babylonian

there's also some distantly egyptian and african-feeling vibes in some spots too, etc etc

dude's all the hell over the place with thinking up what culture inspired his design, he's too "specific but vague" to really nail anything down unless the source designer themselves drops the hammer on it

Maybe he's a just a T-Rex that loves  history ?
But yeah I agree he's all over the place.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »
I'm going to take a punt and say given Galamoth's size, skin tone and the fact that he's "Space Emperor King Galamoth" in Kid Dracula, there could be a link or inspiration with the Anunaki, who were supposedly giant, amphibious, from Nibiru ("Space"), and obviously holds or held an important title. (Noting that in SOTN he is just called 'Galamoth'.)

Do people consider Kid Dracula as canon?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »

IGA made it cannon I believe. But to me that's a bit silly. I see it as a spoof on Castlevania in a SD kinda way.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 12:39:16 AM »

As much as Bram Stoker's Dracula. Meaning that I, at least, consider it a version of actual events on the CV timeline that we have not seen yet.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 12:55:12 AM »
-Do Dracula's vessels actually affect Dracula's powers and how?

Yes. His vessel has to be appropriate for his resurrection, or it will take too long to be perfect for Dracula to inhabit, and will make him vulnerable. Case in point: Curse of Darkness. Dracula's exclamation at his own incomplete transformation due to an imperfect vessel reveals that this is what allowed Hector to snatch victory.

I'm asking mostly because of that virgin girl from Rondo.

The virgin girl is not a vessel, but a sacrifice. While the vessel does technically qualify as a "sacrifice", Dracula's body is already whole by the time she is sacrificed for him. Hence, he's not wearing a meat-suit in Rondo.

-Is it possible that Galamoth is a vampire but we only see him in his monster form?

He could even be purely a man turned into a demon by his own will. Gergoth is this case: Cursed creation until he turned into a very powerful, monstrous creature. Brauner is another--turned into a vampire by sheer hatred of humanity. It's even explained (albeit possibly non-canonically) on that lost manga that Lament's Medusa was a human woman turned monster due to grief. So... yes-ish?

And given the fact that he has a Reaper I'm assuming he has a crimson stone? If anyone has any info on him (if possible from SotN, Judgement or other manuals) just drop some info please.

We know absolutelly jack squat about how the Time Reaper works, but Death knows that the Time Reaper is some kind of expy of himself.

The biggest assumption possible I can make is that the Time Reaper comes from chaos, yet is not a servant to the Crimson Stone. Otherwise why is it serving Galamoth and not Dracula -- the OG Crimson Stone owner?

Would it be possible for a Belmont to become Dracula's vessel, at what conditions and would Dracula then be able to use Vampire Killer?

Would not be possible, I believe. A Belmont (anyone, actually) has to be infused with Dracula's magic and succumb to his influence to be a good vessel, something the Belmonts are inherently immune to as per Order of Ecclesia's explanation -- Albus tried Belmont blood to control Dominus, but failed to realize that the property that allows the Belmonts to resist Dracula's influence is somewhere else. Mind control against a Belmont is another story, however**...

Even if he could possess a Belmont, he would not be able to wield the whip as it is holy. As per the Ricordanza novel, a character gets possessed by Death and, when he tried holding his generic holy whip, his hand burns, hurting him. That's just a generic holy whip, so imagine what the Vampire Killer itself would do. Probably make the possessed individual explode if they as much SNIFF it.

Crisis also said that this is essentially the plot of Belmont's Revenge -- it's not. Dracula is draining Soleiyu's power to make himself whole, and not "using Soleiyu as vessel" as in "inhabiting his body". Dracula turned into mist to escape the previous battle with Christopher, being too weak to turn back. His goal now is suck enough power from Soleiyu (that he gained by reaching adulthood) to enable his body to manifest again, not to use him as a vessel.

** The Belmonts are immune to Dracula's influence, and the difference between this and mind control is that the first reaches deep into your heart and corrupts your very essence once you give in, while the second makes you into a temporary puppet that can be awakened with a good beating. Dracula's influence cannot be easily "broken" like it happens to Richter or Soleiyu after a fight -- it ends in irreversible damage, more like Isaac, Albus or Barlowe. Even after breaking Dracula's Curse, Hector was STILL unable to free people from its effects, as Julia explains, and for you to see how deep this shit goes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:27:26 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 01:50:29 AM »
I'm going to take a punt and say given Galamoth's size, skin tone and the fact that he's "Space Emperor King Galamoth" in Kid Dracula, there could be a link or inspiration with the Anunaki, who were supposedly giant, amphibious, from Nibiru ("Space"), and obviously holds or held an important title. (Noting that in SOTN he is just called 'Galamoth'.)

Hmmm, actually, you may have a point. The Anunaki were all over the place in ancient civilizations, hence the amalgamation of different motifs on his character design.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 03:46:01 AM »
Hmmm, actually, you may have a point. The Anunaki were all over the place in ancient civilizations, hence the amalgamation of different motifs on his character design.

That as well as the style in which his sprite is configured, which appears Egyptian, actually dates further back to Ancient Sumerian artwork. 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »
oh ok if we're seriously talking about doing this

Who tries to fight Galamoth and what does she turn into when she promptly fails?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12773414/1/Wall-Kicks-Will-Work

Well I finally did the thing I was thinking about, but I kind of defaulted back to my normal Maria mode. I hope no one minds.

murry xmas.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12773414/1/Wall-Kicks-Will-Work

Well I finally did the thing I was thinking about, but I kind of defaulted back to my normal Maria mode. I hope no one minds.

murry xmas.

fluorescent shrubbery! LOL

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 04:28:08 AM »
If you can't take me when I'm at my wafflest, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my Satoshi Konest.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 09:26:10 AM »
Someone had to bring up... the shrubbery!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything