Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Next Castlevania title to be 360 exclusive?  (Read 38223 times)

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Next Castlevania title to be 360 exclusive?
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:26:08 PM »
First Castlevania topic ever!

http://xboxer.tv/2007/09/next_castlevania_title_to_be_3.html

During an interview with gameinformer, Castlevania series creator Koji Igarashi indicated that a 360-only Castlevania might be on the cards. Talking about the next instalment of the series, he said that

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Next Castlevania title to be 360 exclusive?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »
It'd be great if it got ported to the pc like some other recent titles (dmc4 for example), but let's not kid ourselves.

Konami doesn't care about the pc gamers, even if there are more pc users around than any console players.

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:37:20 PM »
In Reply To #2

I just hope I don't have to get an X-Box now too. The PSP purchase is going to be bad enough.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:43:52 PM »
In Reply To #3

Yeah, that's exactly why I want the game to be ported to PC. I don't have that much money to buy another console just for few games.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:09:59 AM »
I havea  360 so its not much of a problem for me, I would like more games on PC and well ported though, some of these ports are just plan pathetic.

LBPHeretic

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 04:36:52 AM »
My opinion on that is if and when they decide to develop it for the XBOX 360, I may consider getting one. At least they're cheaper than the PS3. I can't complain. Hell, I did it for the PSP and I was rewarded by getting an updated PSP Slim for waiting for DXC. :D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »
Well, the 360 is much better than the PS3, and IGA doesn't seem interested in the Wii, so I'd say it's a good choice if he ends up going for it.

I know I'll buy the game, but I also know it's going to suck just like every other game he's handled. The PS2 games are the worst of them.

Also, what's this about the article referring to IGA as the "series creator"? Makes it sound like he invented Castlevania.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »
I believe that it might come first to 360 and later on PS3.Don't forget that CoD's came on both consoles,X-Box and PS2.First on PS2 and later on X-Box.So the same think might happen here again.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:19 AM »
...the hell is up with all these "exclusive" CV games? Don't they get that they'd have a stronger market if their games weren't limited to just one console?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »
In Reply To #9

It's not a choice of IGA,but from Konami.Konami doesn't like to take risks so it chooses that console with the bigest sells for releasing her new title,ignoring what fans of the game want.It's all about money.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 10:48:56 AM »
I didn't think is was just IGA, but more Konami's doing. So basically, they don't like taking risks, rather than the prospects of making more money or more of a fanbase if they were to do multi-console releases. (ala: CoD)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »
It won't matter. If 360 gets the next 3D game, it would just be visually superior to the PS2 games. I bet the controls & level layout would still be shit.

Concerning the comment made about 360 being better than ps3: That's just because the 360 had a head start & has a few better games (plus the Halo fanbase is huge). I'm sure in about 2 years, everyone will be singing a different tune fin regards to ps3.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »
Irealy love Castlevania,but this time i don't think that i will buy 360 just for castlevania.It's just to much to spend.Yes i did this with castlevania for PS2 but it was cheaper to buy than 360.For me,i don't find any game to attract me on 360,but on the other hand PS3 has.So i can't buy a 360 only for castlevania.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 11:37:40 AM »
Uhm...in 360? well, at least no in PS3 -_-

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »
Hm...a 360 exclusive CV?  Glad I'm already prepared for that!  Though with Iga's track record I doubt buying a 360 specifically for CV would be a waste of money.

I'll pick it up if it comes out, but I doubt it'll be any good, despite my desire for it to be amazing like the old CV64 games. =\

Tags:

anything