Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Next Castlevania title to be 360 exclusive?  (Read 38193 times)

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Next Castlevania title to be 360 exclusive?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »
In Reply To #15

Yup, that's the perfect 3d Castlevania gameplay U.U

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 01:19:59 PM »
I'm sure that by the time this game comes out, the price of a 360 will have dropped a bit. That said, I'm gonna definitely be wary of IGA's 3D offerings, because after getting more than slightly burned by the PS2 games (don't get me wrong I DID enjoy them, but had I bought a PS2 for them I woulda been mighty pissed off!) his track record is spotty at best in the home game arena.

Oh, and uh, FIRST POST!  ;D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
In Reply To #15

Yup, that's the perfect 3d Castlevania gameplay U.U

The N64 games are far superior to the PS2 games, at any rate. I actually really enjoy the 64 games. They capture Castlevania gameplay in a 3D environment much better, and their flaws aside, I think they're a lot of fun.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »
I, personally, don't think the N64-vanias came close to achieving 3D CV perfection. PS2-vanias didn't either. The perfect 3D CV game would have to be composed of both the greatest qualities from both N64-vanias and PS2-vanias. For instance, make a greater sense of exploration and platforming layout like the N64-vanias, BUT keep the tight combat systems(combos) and character design of the PS2-vanias. Still, by themselves, both game, IMO, don't feel THAT close to capturing true CV in 3D. N64-vanias feel like, to me, the N64 LoZ series in Horrorland. The PS2-vanias feel like a CV-themed dungeon crawler(and not like a 3D castletroid, but an elaborate Gauntlet in 3D). It wouldn't be hard to design a true 3D CV game if knew how to do it. The concept is easy, actually. You just need the proper programmers to make it work.

Platinum Armor

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »
Yeah, IGA should realize that better sales come when you launch a game for multiconsoles.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
Besides, sales for the PSP aren't doing that great neither, but that didn't stop 'em from making DXC. I'm sure we'll see this game on ps3 anyway.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 05:16:09 PM »
W00t, another reason not to drop 599...499 US Dollars to get a system...
...Can it be Metol Geer Soled Foe 360 tym naw plz?
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »
I'm sure they'll end up putting it on both. Curse of Darkness was on both the PS2 and the Xbox and it sold better on the PS2. Now, that doesn't nesicerily mean that it'll sell better on the PS3 but it will sell more if it's on both. There's really no reason for it not to be on multiple platforms.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »
Can you imagine IGA trying to fill a whole blue-ray disc?  MORE ROOMS DAMMIT!

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 06:26:05 PM »
In Reply To #24

Damn right XDD

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 06:39:14 PM »
In Reply To #12
You know more power does not just mean better graphics...  They can do better graphics AND better gaming engines, which could lead to better level layouts and fighting systems.

Here's hopin'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 09:02:07 PM »
So, if Iga's given up on the Japanese market, does this mean we won't have any more awkward Japanese exchange student moments?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:32 AM »
I'm sure they'll end up putting it on both. Curse of Darkness was on both the PS2 and the Xbox and it sold better on the PS2. Now, that doesn't nesicerily mean that it'll sell better on the PS3 but it will sell more if it's on both. There's really no reason for it not to be on multiple platforms.

Actaully, I thought it was better on teh Xbox, better load times (even though it wasn't much anyway). I think its graphically and sounded identical though. Unlike a certain tennis game.  *cough*TopSpin*cough*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »
+1
In Reply To #27

I wouldn't necessarily rule that out yet... we'll probably see someone/thing like that in the next DS game

Offline Death

• I'll Be Seeing You Soon
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 05:24:24 AM »
I'm kinda skeptical if they can pull of a great 3D Castlevania. The 2D Castlevania's are my favorite game's of all time, but i'm not a big fan of the 3D Castlevania's. I would LOVE to see an awesome 3D Castlevania though! If they chose to make a sidescroller they could make an absolutely GORGEOUS sidescroller on the 360 and PS3.

Tags:

anything