Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?  (Read 13669 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?
« on: September 14, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »
I'm bored and I find myself outlining CV, I haven't done much but since I like Sonia from her portrait/artwork, I already put her back in.

What about you guys? I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks CV's story lacking, and have thought up of some things that mightve made it better.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
I would have add a chapter about what happen after Castlevania Legends,like what happen to Sonia and Alucard after the defeat of Dracula and who was Sonia's baby.i think it would have been a 3D title,with main hero the son of Sonia who is trying to find answers about him,since he's mother never told him who was he's father.He's search would lead him at Dracula's castle,where he would find more than he was hopping for.About game play and levels design,it would have been similiar to god of war at level design and controls of the hero a battle system that i have thought with RPG elements and more free to explore levels and with more depth each level from just walking forward and backward.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure that, if you wanted to keep Sonia in the canon, that they insinuated that Trevor was her kid.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:06:35 AM »
Easy, re-put Legends, LoD y CotM, and send to the hell Order of Shadows

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »
In Reply To #4

Aren't you too quick to judge? It might actually be fine. And what do you expect from a cell phone game? ::) You're being far too harsh.

And Circle of the Moon, while fun to some extend, was perhaps one of the most useless additions to the Castlevania story. Must like Castlevania Adventure.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:58:05 AM »
What can he expect from a cell phone game? nothing.,.. which is exactly why it never should be created. Even if its somewhat decent most of the fan won't want to play it as a real CV game. I sure as hell don't.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »
In Reply To #3

Never heard of that.Is there an official statement for this one?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
I thin its because of the timeline, since shes 20 years before Trevor.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »
Rewrite Legends as taking place AFTER CV3(thereby NOT conflicting with CV3 and Trevor being the first to slay Dracula). Having Sonia be Trevor's daughter or granddaughter. Nix's Alucard's involvement COMPLETELY(I love Alucard, but having him present ONLY for fan wanking is not needed) and replace his "romantic role" with that of a young man from the Morris family(thereby fitting with the Morris clan being sprouted out of the Belmont clan after Trevor, but before Christopher). Make Dracula dead, but some cult is aiming to resurrect him(maybe include Carmilla as the cult's leader). Nothing big, but for a quicky plot outline, Morris(guy of the Morris family) is searching for his sister, who was kidnapped by Carmilla's cult, with hopes of sacrificing her to resurrect Dracula. He meets Sonia, the descendant of the Belmont family. Sonia warns Morris that it would be a dangerous quest and that she'll help him. They come upon the cult's hideout, but split up. Sonia meets with Morris on occasion, then discovers that he's injured by a monster(whom Sonia easily dispatches in one of the boss battles before the final stage). Sonia finds Morris's sister, but she's tranced(by Carmilla) and attacks Sonia. Carmilla aims Sonia to kills the girl, which is the act of sacrifice needed to resurrect Dracula, but Sonia's whip manages to snap the girl out of it(literally, no pun intended) with it's holy power. Carmilla tries to stab the girl with her dagger, but it nicks her arm, sending some blood flying onto Dracula's coffin. Dracula revives, but is weak. The girl flees, Dracula(instead of taking the girl), takes Carmilla instead and kills her(turning her into a vampire). Sonia fights Dracula, and wins. She escapes with wounded Morris and his sister. Sonia marries into the Morris family and gives birth to the first Morris child with Belmont blood! The end!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:44:57 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »
In Reply To #9

I would find SOME way to put Sonia in there and I like this way to do it. It includes her, get rid of the Alucard non-sense, AND manages to get the Morrises in on the action.

I second.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »
I think it was said somewhere that this method only works during "the times the powers of christ weakens" which coincidentally seems to happen every 100 years or so, and during the intervals between those 100 year events something extraordinary is needed, and even then the Dracula that rises is severely weakened (see cod's devil forgemaster sacrifice, bloodlines' souls of millions of dead soldiers or even cv64/lod's Cornell's man-beast power sacrifice).

In rondo it worked only cause it was his time to rise. Same in cv1/chronicles where they just sprayed his coffin with blood.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »
I wonder about that. The thing I wrote was just off the top of my mind, made it up on the spot. If the means for Dracula's resurrection had to be something "different", I guess I'd tie that to Carmilla NOT immediately sacrificing the girl, but waiting for Sonia to do it for her. Maybe make something like "If a Belmont spills the blood of an innocent, the life forfeit will allow Dracula to rise again". Maybe change Carmilla cutting the girl to Sonia using the VK to awaken her(but the whip snap cuts her in the cheek). Innocent blood is spilled and the droplets land on Dracula's coffin. But, because her life was not forfeited, Dracula arose weak. He chose to to take Carmilla after(the girl escapes out of the chamber prior to this), but because she wasn't the intended sacrifice, you have your "weak point" once again. In a lot of the pre-mature resurrections, Dracula always has these weak points that he didn't have while he was resurrected in the "100-year/time when Christ's power weakens". Either he finds it hard to manifest himself(HoD), or he has to manifest himself through a vessel(CoD). In this case, his weak point could be made through the fact that he didn't take the soul of the sacrifice, only some of the intended sacrifice's blood and the blood and soul of an unintended sacrifice.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »
Or you could go the more fun way and have Drac possess a vessel too. Only in this case either Carmilla or the girl. And in the process Drac gets to temporarily become a girl. :P :P :o

That'd be surely something new than the tired old and boring Dracula battle where he just pops out of nowhere and uses his boring never changing attacks.

At least they'd have to make new sprites for him, not reuse sotn's again like in por.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »
DragonSlayr81 is doing what I'm more or less thinking of. Instead of takign and moving thigs around, actually rewriting and changes to add more than just, defeat dracula.

I took out the Alucard nonsense. I made Sonia a "witch" or rather, one that was accused of which. Instead of dark magic powers of the devil >.> I made her into an herbologist. Not only that, I made her into..... a non belmont who falls in love with a Belmont.

Instead of moving her in the timeline, I rather keep her in the same place or general time spot. Instead I switched her enemy from being Dracula, into a female vampire, who seduces the Belmont and their family and kidnaps him. This being bpossible, I also added the fact that The Belmont clan disregarded the vampire bussiness as myth and legends and therefore don't suspect anything.

I got a bit more than that, but what do you think of it? preposterous or not bad? ..... yea I think too much.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
a thing i would change is the power respect...

i mean: holy lord it's Death!  :o

it should be dramatic meeting Death (specially for the first time like most heroes)

i liked how Death was treated in CV64 by Heinhardt...

not only Death but Shaft and Drac himself...and many others...SCV4 for the snes had an awesome dramatic aura for the last bosses...thumbs up for it!

how can you be affraid of an enemy that the main character first meets and says: oh it's you...move out from the way i have to kill drac in time to watch Buffy TVS tonight...  :P

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Tags: