Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Symphony is officialy boring  (Read 16414 times)

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Symphony is officialy boring
« on: September 14, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »
I acquired the Crissaegrim very very early onto my inverted Castlevania adventure, and for example, I managed to beat Dracula, Arkhadan (spelling? Mummy guy), Frankenstein, Shaft, Medusa, and even Beelzebub without being hit.

Mr.Mummy, and Shaft didn't even get a chance to attack, while the mummy didn't even reach the point where it was out of its coffin. :'(

Crissaegrim gets the best weapon EVER award.

Another one I really like, even though it isn't too useful is the Heaven Sword, when you have two equipped at once.

Also, Alucard Shield Rod attack FTW! 8)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:56:49 AM »
Ok, if its borign when you use it.... don't?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
In Reply To #1

Now you are not talking right.Symphony isn't boring.I can play this game a million times without to get bored.Also about the Crissaegrim,for someone who has never played the game before,he doesn't even know that this sword exists.Even so there plenty stufs to do,so you can't say that the game is boring because of Crissaegrim.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
wow....if you want to talk about boring Caastlevania's then you should be talking about the 64 games....or just read the Simon's Quest Worlds of Power book from Scholastic...then we'll talk boring
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »
Or legends. Or even better, cod. Once you're done with the first level, beat its boss and see that there's a whole bunch of identical levels with different textures before you, then talk about boring. :P

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
+1
wow....if you want to talk about boring Caastlevania's then you should be talking about the 64 games....or just read the Simon's Quest Worlds of Power book from Scholastic...then we'll talk boring
The n64 titles were not boring, Period. They were probably the best thing that ever happend to this series. It was the first 3D attempt for castlevania and immidiatly a brilliant one, it is far better then LOI and COD because the n64 titles have one thing the others don't ; the perfect mixture of advanture and action (especially the villa)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »
Quote from: Donvermicelli
They were probably the best thing that ever happend to this series.

Not really.

The n64 games were okay. Some people think they're underrated, while in reality it's the opposite.

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Symphony is officialy boring
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
HA! My very first play through EVER went the same way. It was like the first Shmoo thing I killed dropped one. I fucking ripped through the game. I mean, some bosses like The Creature didn

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »
In Reply To #7

I agree completely, and I definately believe they didn't capture 3D CV perfection. They were alright, but weren't how I generally saw the series's first 3D steps to be like. Not that LoI or CoD were better, but both N64-vanias and PS2-vanias had their shares of pros and cons. I think the pros from both(PS2 and N64 CVs), COMBINED, would come close to what I feel would be a perfect 3D CV title.

Platinum Armor

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
The second time I played Symphony of the night I got the Crissaegrim with just one kill. That mummy was way too easy, I agree. Even Galamoth wasn't that hard.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »
EEEEKK!!!!! :o

Please, no quarreling! I wasn't actually serious! What I meant was, if you obtain (and use) that weapon, the Crissaegrim, the game becomes boring. I would never dare to actually say, and mean that SotN is boring. I adore it, and play it too often for my own good.

I like CoD, because it had neat characters, and a fun fighting system. I liked LoD (or 64, but not quite as much), simply due to the amazing Villa stage.

BlueCheeze, Platinum Armor, I think you two understand what I meant, and I hope you guys know I don't actually mean that the game's boring.

:-\Didn't think on this site I'd need to be THAT specific. Why would I be on a CV board, insulting the most liked game, unless I was a masochistic lunatic wanting to be killed by all the fans?

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 12:03:10 AM »
In Reply To #11
I was kinda "irate" so to speak when I first noticed the title of the thread, but then realized more when I read more. hehe. Honestly speaking, the duplicator was what ruined the difficulty for me. I obtained the crissaegrim a little later on, then yep... you can probably figure out what happened after that. >_>

Though the flame whip in SQ almost seems like it could be the equivalent of the crissaegrim in SoTN. Cutting down Dracula in 20 seconds isn't even funny. :(

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 01:02:59 AM »
O.K.!First N64 Castlevanias,are best for me against the 3D ones from PS2 just for one reason.They were having more freedom for you to move and explore,unlike the PS2 that you were only allowed to move forward or backward.Better graphics and improved battle system,doesn't make them better them from the 64 titles.No unless they put more action elements and more free exploration on those two.Next about Symphony,i don't need the grissagrem sword to beat the game for fun and i can kill Galamoth with one hand only,without the grissagrem.I'll upload a video for you later showing you how to kill him with one hand and without get hurt even once time.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »
In Reply To #12

I still haven't gotten the duplicator in my replay right now. I instead watched the horrible 'tactics' videos that you can buy from the librarian. Those make me giggle with pleasure.  :P

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »
Why even bother comparing those 3-D games.  All of them are kind of messed up in their own special ways.

Tags: