Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Symphony is officialy boring  (Read 16404 times)

Ciaran

Re: Symphony is officialy boring
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »
Yeah, the game's easy enough without getting weapons that make it even easier, such as the Crissaegrim. I think this year's annual October playthrough I might concentrate on only using two-handed weapons, just to change up the pace.

For me, the best item in the game is Joseph's Cloak since you can change it's color. I guess MMO's have spoiled me, but I like even the smallest bit of character customization.

I didn't find COD to be as boring as people say. Once you get to Dracula's Castle yes, you are ready to scream at the monotony by the time you get to the end of it, but the battle with Isaac and Dracula makes up for it in my opinion. Some stages were better than others when it comes to being repetitive, but overall it wasn't a huge distraction.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 10:02:03 AM »
The game gets pretty 'boring' by the same token when you get the Alucard Shield and the Shield Rod. 255 damage per second?! :O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »
+1
I hate to say it... but as great as this game was I found it boring too. Hence why I decided to remake it.  ;D

- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
damn you all, you play the game 43856463 times and don't want to find it boring?

try playing in luck mode+naked mode together...

try....only then you post...

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »
In Reply To #18
We all envy you sir.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
try playing in luck mode+naked mode together...
Even that is easy (and boring); all you do is repeatedly dive-kick everything hundreds of times.

The only real challenge in SotN is map glitching
http://worldbeyondwalls.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=387

btw: thanks for deleting my account, CVD!

edit: Oh, I guess everybody had to start over? LOL!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:00:26 PM by outofthegamer »

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 03:48:53 AM »
Eh, that's not really a challenge. I tried it once, it was really only mind numbingly boring, especially since the results are just white boxes on the map. Now if the glitching could give you cool stuff normally not found in the game, that'd be something more worth doing.

Also http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42.0

Maybe this will be challenging enough for you guys when it's done. :P

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 06:38:30 AM »
Eh, that's not really a challenge. I tried it once, it was really only mind numbingly boring, especially since the results are just white boxes on the map. Now if the glitching could give you cool stuff normally not found in the game, that'd be something more worth doing.

Also http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42.0

Maybe this will be challenging enough for you guys when it's done. :P

Yes it indeed is. Can't wait for it. :P
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 12:19:12 PM »
In Reply To #22
It's too bad that only people who emulate on their PC will be able to play it:(

"Now if the glitching could give you cool stuff normally not found in the game, that'd be something more worth doing."

It does do that...sorta. It raises your Defence (walk armor) to the point that you can walk through everything. As well as a few extra areas and the ability to skip bosses; or even re-fight some bosses.

The fact that you found it boring, means that you didn't get a very high percentage--it's really challenging to get up to the really high percentages.

Besides, when you complain about EVERYTHING, it's pretty hard to take anything you say as "correct", Serio.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 12:35:43 PM »
Looking at the same boring heart refresh animation for an hour while alternating the buttons is not my idea of fun. So, it's boring. :o

Even dos's succubus glitch is more fun than that.

It's too bad that only people who emulate on their PC will be able to play it:(
Is there anything that stops others from doing that? I could understand if they were using some alien system like mac os or linux for which there are no emulators or games, but anyone with a windows and half decent pc can emulate it.

And if people go all "no emulation is wrong!", well, then their loss. They'll be just losing a great way to re-experience the game because they refuse to try new things.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:25:40 PM by Serio »

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »
And if people go all "no emulation is wrong!", well, then their loss. They'll be just losing a great way to re-experience the game because they refuse to try new things.

Quoted for the truth. I personally made myself skip playing over SoTN this summmer, for the waiting Esco's hack! It's going to be glorious!! :D

AHhhhhhh CAnnnnt wwaaait!

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 03:35:44 AM »
In Reply To #26
Guess you and I had the same idea  ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 12:58:51 PM »
In Reply To #25
Emulation on my psp is awesome  ;D

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 07:59:49 AM »
In Reply To #28

Yeah I gotta say, I really dig being able to play SoTN on my PSP!  ;D

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 04:29:05 PM »
+1
Sorry if this offends people but.... playing a naked challenge is not in the least bit fun to me. You have no range, only 1 attack, and some things can easily kill you in a hit. It's just annoying to me.

As for glitching, I have friends who are glitchers, and sorry to say this, but I agree with Serio.... doing the same thing over and over and over again for hours, just to break the games rules seems whack to me. Why do that, when I can simply reprogram it to do what I want it to? :P

But hey... to each his own. IF it makes you happy guys, do it. :D

Quoted for the truth. I personally made myself skip playing over SoTN this summmer, for the waiting Esco's hack! It's going to be glorious!! :D

AHhhhhhh CAnnnnt wwaaait!

Just some personal advice.... if you've never beaten the game, I recommend doing so... get 200%, see the endings, get all the items.... THEN play my game. Not only will you appreciate the changes a LOT more (at least I HOPE you will, lol), but you probably won't stand a chance in hell of surviving if you play my game first. It is designed to be a new but HARD version of SOTN.

And when I say hard.... I mean a CVIII US VERSION level of HARD!!!  :o
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Tags:

anything