Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Soma- status on his soul  (Read 11433 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 06:17:43 PM »
In Reply To #15

I believe whats confusing your here is that ALL of her chars look damn near identical so saying theres some similarities between Soma 1.0 and Matthias isnt really proving much =D

Sorry had to throw that in but yeah Soma = Drac reborn

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »
In Reply To #16
Correct! Just look at Julius & Hammer, lol.

Offline diobrando

• Castlevania Chronicler
    • Awards
Re: Soma- status on his soul
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »
My take on this issue is this:

Soma is THE reincarnation of Mathias Cronqvist/Dracula.

The reason why Celia Fortner wanted him dead so bad was because his soul, is perfectly capable of wielding/containing the power of Chaos.

This was proven that Chaos simply cannot be contained by anyone else save Dracula/Soma himself. Graham tried to harness Chaos' power, but ended up being consumed, as well as Dimtrii.

That was the reason why Celia wishes the soul of Soma/Dracula to be free, for her to harness the soul and create the perfect Dark Lord thru her candidates.

Soma Cruz is simply the "pure" rebirth of Dracula; wherein he doesn't hate humans OR God. He is completely free of the hatred which drives him, and makes him the perfect person to control Chaos, because of his ever consuming hatred towards humans and God. Unlike Dimtrii, Graham, and Dario; who simply wishes to gain power, Soma/Dracula's hatred fuels him thus he has the power to control over Chaos because of it. That's the reason why Celia wanted Soma to be consumed by hatred so badly, so that if Soma was so full of negative energy, Soma will once again return to the hateful Dracula that is perfectly able to wield Chaos.

In my opinion also, Chaos gives Dracula his dark powers, as well as reanimates the castle itself and gives it a "life" as a creature like what Alucard once stated, thus it has many different incarnations because it has a life of its own so to speak. For me, Chaos and Dracula share a mutual coexistence, thus Julius Belmont was successful in destroying Dracula once and for all, once he found out that Chaos was the source of his power and cut Dracula's ties with it.

Well that's just my obsevation though... I may be wrong...

Steve

Re: Soma- status on his soul
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 08:00:51 PM »
"Chaos" is just another word for the evil streak--the chaos--in Dracula's soul.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
So then, I was kinda right after all?  In my original post?

Tags:

anything