Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 1KADAY Sample: Inside the Actor's Studio  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »
Hey, guys. 

Each day I fire up Microsoft Word and bang out 1,000 of 'em in a practice I call 1KADAY. During a session last winter I wound up improvising a follow-up to the Slogra interview that took place in 1999 on John & Audra's CastleVania Page (THE Site for the Vampire Killer) and it went to some interesting places.  I thought the Dungeon fam would get a kick out of it so I'm sharing it with you. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1KADAY Sample: Inside the Actor’s Studio

February 24, 2017
   [INSIDE THE ACTOR’S STUDIO]
   “Hey guys, I’m John Baxter and welcome to Inside the Actor’s Studio.  Today we’re interviewing everyone’s favorite, the great Slim Sloggy, Dinosaur Knight, and Devil Knight of Death: Slogra Berigan!  Hey, Sloggy, welcome BACK to the show!” 
   “Thanks, man, it’s great to be back, love the new set!” 
   “Hah, thanks, Grant did a great job with the remodeling.” 
   “Awesome, he was always good at rebuilding destroyed areas of the city.” 
   “You’ve got to wonder if that’s what they really meant by all that screed at the end of CVIII, right?  I mean he might’ve been better off back in Japan, know what I’m sayin’?” 
   “I know exactly what you mean.  For instance, there’s the case of my own name; BERIGAN is merely writeplay on their pronunciation for Pelican.” 
   “That’s right, and it led to over a decade or so of confusion.” 
   “Yeah, it wasn’t until about ten years ago that they managed to clear that up.  The ironic part, though, was that the fandom’s earliest assumptions had been right in a way they never realized.  A lot of this confusion was due to the misunderstanding incited by the conclusions of Coelophysis and Pteranodon being part of my makeup, and since the average person sees any prehistoric reptile as a dinosaur there was no one to blow the whistle on the conflict.” 
   “Right, it was just one of those things the fandom ran with; a tradition started by none other than the very person who could’ve controlled that damage in the first place, Eric TJ Roman.” 
   “THE MAN!!!  There’s a lot to be said about his role in the popularization of, well, ME, but his answer to Kurt’s question was innocent enough; even he was aware of Pteranodon’s lack of dinosaur status at the time and, while the absolute confirmation of the bird-dinosaur relation was several years away this is the only combination that made sense.  Eric’s fanart of crested variations of me did little to change that.” 
   “Some of those drawings are really cool.” 
   “I know!” 
   “What have you got going these days?” 
   “Speaking of CastleVania Fandom, “The CastleVania Dungeon” is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this month!” 
   “That’s right, that was a couple of weeks ago, wasn’t it?  The eleventh?” 
   “Oh, well, suuuUUUUUUuuuure!” 
   The oversight, unlike the following adverb, went largely unnoticed by the audience, hundreds of members of The CastleVania WorldWide, whom were more engrossed in the fact they were witnessing “DCTP!!! LIVE!!!” and in person.  Never before had an attempt been made to bring a CastleVania website to a live audience and the initial result was thus far one for the history books.  Notable fans from The CastleVania WorldWide along with a menagerie of cast members had all convened in Middle-of-Nowhere America for a celebration of the series that would culminate with Middle-of-Nowhere becoming a cultural destination for the Broadband Age. 
   Many years ago... 
   “I got it, instead of getting people to come to a CastleVania Con, let’s bring the Con TO THEM!” 
   “Oh?” 
   “Yeah!  I got it: E-CON!!!  We can set up a website where we’ve got all these simultaneous things going on: discussions, playthroughs, artist alley streams, it’ll be great!  And no one will have to go out of their way in travel expenses!  They can do it all from the comfort of their not-wearing-pants!” 
   “OOoo, that sounds cool!  How are you going to figure all this?” 
   “TECHNOLOGY.” 
   Present day... 
   John Baxter and Slogra shared a hearty laugh at the end of another anecdote brought about by an image from the DCTP Humor Me retrospective.  The BLK Crew signaled John and the host nodded. 
   “Slogra, it has been an absolute pleasure, I’m so glad you were able to come out here today.”  He reached over to give the wingless-bird-with-a-tail a hearty handshake. 
   “John, it’s been a pleasure.  Thanks for having me, people!  Where’s The Great Ralphy Boy?”  The crowd went wild with Slogra chants as Rapplefee jumped from his seat and slapped the Dinosaur Knight a high five (or three, depending on your perspective).  John brought the segment to a close. 
   “Catch Slogra Berigan each February 22nd for Slogra Day!  Make sure you hashtag #slograday with your fanarts!  When we come back we’ve got Jorge Fuentes and Ed Oscuro with reflections on 7|15.  We’ll be back!” 
   Dwelling of Duels performed an arrangement of BLK CLEAR from CastleVania III to play out to commercial. 
   10:40PM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: 1KADAY Sample: Inside the Actor's Studio
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:10:03 AM »
+1
Someone please tell me Slogra day is a real thing.
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
Well he did have that amusement park filled with Slogra memorabilia. What was it called? Sloggy land?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
Awesomeness from Ratzuo of RSitM:

Someone please tell me Slogra day is a real thing.

Each February 22nd, as with the last, I intend to make with the Instagram Slograspam, but any day can be #slograday. 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »
And there's the pic of Sloggy land  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything