Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Fan Stuff / Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Last post by Jop on Today at 05:19:30 PM »
>:3

Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Do you have gaming injuries?
« Last post by Dracula9 on Today at 04:34:12 PM »
I got aches and pain from old age (back, knees, joints), can't say I have had injuries from gaming, have been doing it since 1979. Worst thing I got was a few blisters, including one from playing Third Strike on the PS2. Was on the last boss, noticed I had a blister, ripped that son of a bitch open, and proceeded to beat the boss and my thumb felt like it was on fire as I was still rubbing it across the directional pad. Felt manly at the moment, but that blister stung for several hours before it finally calmed down and quit hurting.

similar thing, but with me it was a space harrier cabinet

fuckin' space harrier man, jesus that game was a rush, but it's what gave me my buttonmashing skills
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Do you have gaming injuries?
« Last post by theANdROId on Today at 04:05:35 PM »
I remember getting blisters on my palms from spinning the joystick on Mario Party for the N64.  I have some mild carpal/ulnar/etc. tunnel issues that probably came from just about everything I do (console gaming, computer gaming, used to do construction work with my dad, do sign language interpreting now...)
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Last post by X on Today at 10:53:20 AM »
That's only if there is a new game+. It's still early on in the game's development.

I would get soooo livid if like the first weapons found are anything except a whip.

I'd only feel this way if they decided that the whips were the weakest weapons in the game, forcing you to use better ones like swords  :P 
Fan Stuff / Re: Nightkeep, 2D metroidvania RPG
« Last post by Nightale on Today at 10:51:07 AM »
It is as simple as it could be :rollseyes:

you 2x tap for double combo, 3x tap for triple combo. when you have no stamina to perfom next move, combo ends. and if you are very low on stamina, you only do basic stab. it's really simple but effective. However Stamina is connected only to sword attacks, so performing any other actions won't decrease it.

I can add charges and special stuff for gemstones(other swords) like this.

-----

Support Nightkeep through Thunderclap (it's free)! Go to the Thunderclap campaign http://thndr.me/Abef88 and select any of the 3 options: Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. I should use it as a signature  :D

« Last post by X on Today at 10:45:28 AM »
Nice combo  :)  Simplistic, but it gets the job done nicely as it should. Way too many games nowadays go overboard with combos (lords of shadow to name an example), however this looks good. It is simple and it works.
« Last post by Nightale on Today at 09:13:40 AM »
Hi, please support Nightkeep through Thunderclap (it's free)! Go to the Thunderclap campaign http://thndr.me/Abef88 and select any of the 3 options: Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. Thank you!

New combat prototype. Combat is based on stamina now, but don’t worry. Lack of stamina will never stop you. You can still attack normally. Stamina adds great aid to the current Gemstone system that I plan to expand as well. With stamina Arietta will be able to perform combos, charge attacks, to use different attacks with the same gemstone and it will also help to balance otherwise overpowered stuff. Oh, by the way one you see in the GIF is just your basic sword, no gemstone equipped - it is just that stab, stab forward weapon you know from the demo.

It's quite difficult to spread a word about the game. I have 6 days left on Thunderclap.
Any support via it is very much appreciated!
like how can people do full whip runs if the whip isn't obtainable at the start?

New Game +
Fan Stuff / Re: Team CV3/Dark Samus hacks
« Last post by FanOfDracula on Yesterday at 02:27:50 PM »
any news?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
anything