Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mega Man 11! THE BLUE BOMBER RETURNS!  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

gameinformer this month also has a cover feature on it!
(click to show/hide)

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn hyped. This is not only the first new real Megaman game in 7 years, but the first actually "original" one, (aka not using an existing style but going forward with a new style) since Mega Man 8 brought Mega Man to the Playstation.

I only hope it has a physical release.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:50:49 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Mega Man 11! THE BLUE BOMBER RETURNS!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
Nice! Megaman doesn't look nearly as rubbery as his Megaman 8 and Rockman & Forte counterpart. 'Bout time as I wasn't really fond of that. I like how his outfit actually changes to reflect more on the powerup weapon he is utilising rather then a straight up colour swap.

I only hope it has a physical release.

So do I. The Nintendo switch could greatly benefit from this as there is not a whole lot of variety in terms of games available for it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
I want to say I'm cautiously optimistic, but honestly, I expect this to be cancelled within the next 3 to 6 months.
Also, I hope the special weapons will have more utility than the one they showed.
And I guess they didn't get the memo about the Mega Buster being too OP thus rendering the special weapons nearly pointless.

At least they kept the 8-bit proportions.
"Stuff and things."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
I think I'm in the same boat as Inccubus...will they really see it through?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:32 PM »
Most likely, or we would never have heard of it.

Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe were Inafune's pet projects, and by his own admission, he tended to force things through in spite of upper management's wishes by using tactics like going overbudget on prototypes and whatnot.

And, legends 3 specifically had an open development process. Many games get cancelled before the public ever hears about them, like that First person X reboot.

this one doesnt seem like something they'd cancel.

I mean for perspective, they've only really cancelled 2 games, and both were mired in internal politics regarding Inafune.

This is the first major step for the franchise without him. And after Mighty No. 9 bombed hard, Capcom can't afford to screw this up. This is a golden chance for them to swoop in and succeed without Inafune and prove they CAN still make Mega Man games
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »
No way Capcom could afford to screw this up.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »
We'll just have to keep an eye on this as it develops.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
+1

ill just drop this here
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:20:45 PM by Flame »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:19:58 AM »
Most likely, or we would never have heard of it.

Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe were Inafune's pet projects, and by his own admission, he tended to force things through in spite of upper management's wishes by using tactics like going overbudget on prototypes and whatnot.

And, legends 3 specifically had an open development process. Many games get cancelled before the public ever hears about them, like that First person X reboot.

this one doesnt seem like something they'd cancel.

I mean for perspective, they've only really cancelled 2 games, and both were mired in internal politics regarding Inafune.

This is the first major step for the franchise without him. And after Mighty No. 9 bombed hard, Capcom can't afford to screw this up. This is a golden chance for them to swoop in and succeed without Inafune and prove they CAN still make Mega Man games

For the record, I was being facetious about a cancellation.
However, I really don't think bring back the Mega Buster and including what appear to be time limited power-ups a`la Mighty No9 was a good idea.
The Mega Buster should always have functioned as a special weapon like the Mega Ball.

Also, they need to do something about Rock's near expressionless face and 'dead eyes'.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:22:01 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »
I think it looks good. I'd definitely purchase, reminds me of a 2.5d megaman 8
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 05:19:51 AM »
I think it looks good. I'd definitely purchase, reminds me of a 2.5d megaman 8
Here's to hoping they'll bring in that sweet versatility MM8 had (for the first 5 powers).

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
so myself and some of the other longtimers and big dogs over on inc decided to do a talky-time about the stream and everything...and wound up going at it for two hours

we cover some pretty solid stuff so check it out if you're into a bunch of schmucks rambling on about an imaginary robot boi with a pew pew hand

https://youtu.be/rR-0UfrSj1E

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 06:30:36 AM »
I didn't know Sprites Inc. had a podcast

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
Think it looks fucking awesome. Kills me having to wait a year but presentation is looking good and looks like they wanna all the power ups useful like 5 and 6. Plus on Switch...

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 04:24:28 AM »
Hearing the devs talk about the circumstances behind the game and how they felt about Inafuking leaving brought my confidence up. And the fact those timed power ups are fully optional really made me feel better about all this.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything