Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Markyjoe1990 presents: Haunted Castle No Continues run, THE MUSICAL!  (Read 12349 times)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
And thus the madness begins with stage 1!

Haunted Castle (Arcade) - The Musical [Stage 1]

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Markyjoe1990 presents: Haunted Castle No Continues run, THE MUSICAL!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
+1
You know there's fan creations out there that can be entertaining and memorable to some level, but this right here is pretty damn awful. Corny just isn't the word.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »
You know there's fan creations out there that can be entertaining and memorable to some level, but this right here is pretty damn awful. Corny just isn't the word.
Can't please everyone I suppose. Some people like it, others don't. Someone has already Let's Played the game, so I felt I should do something unique to make mine different.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:49:44 PM by markyjoe1990 »

Offline Sinful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »
+1
Wow, everybody is just loving this!

I didn't mind this video. It's fan fiction to me, and these can be interesting to see for a game from a fan's perspective if it includes good enough humor. Plus it's a great way to see how a fan views a game from his perspective. So I say keep 'em coming... Unfortunately, I only played the first level, and won't watch further until I play more levels (I don't like spoilers & I don't want to ruin the game experience... who knows,  might end up loving this game very much?). So hopefully you find some fans who support you in the meantime?

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
Wow, everybody is just loving this!

I didn't mind this video. It's fan fiction to me, and these can be interesting to see for a game from a fan's perspective if it includes good enough humor. Plus it's a great way to see how a fan views a game from his perspective. So I say keep 'em coming... Unfortunately, I only played the first level, and won't watch further until I play more levels (I don't like spoilers & I don't want to ruin the game experience... who knows,  might end up loving this game very much?). So hopefully you find some fans who support you in the meantime?
The video's already getting likes, and aside from the one dude on here, I've gotten nothing but praise, so I think I'm off to a good start. ;)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
The video's already getting likes, and aside from the one dude on here,
I'm sorry and I don't mean to be the rain cloud over your video and all but I'm just giving an honest opinion lol. This can be a good video and there is much room for improvement. I think what kills it the most is the incredibly corny lyrics, dialogue or whatever. I mean it is just dripping with cheesiness.
Maybe just adding a little more satirical fluff and some occasional graphics, a remixed background track and some better lyrics and you'll have a winner.

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »
I think it's classy as-is. :p

This game is kinda pissing me off right now. I'm trying to beat it but I just find myself feeling bored, so I have no desire to try my best—but if I don't, I'll never get to the end, blagh.

The big rock boss is frustrating me 'cos I can't seem to lay many hits on him.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
I'm sorry and I don't mean to be the rain cloud over your video and all but I'm just giving an honest opinion lol.
I didn't take offense to your opinion, and even if I did, it's your opinion. Apologies aren't necessary.

I think what kills it the most is the incredibly corny lyrics, dialogue or whatever. I mean it is just dripping with cheesiness. Maybe just adding a little more satirical fluff and some occasional graphics, a remixed background track and some better lyrics and you'll have a winner.
I'm a little confused by what you're asking for here. You're asking me to add "satirical fluff" to a cheesey game (Indicated by it's cheesey graphics and awesome, but still cheesey music), which I just added cheesey lyrics to. Don't my lyrics and dialogue count as satire considering it's intentionally cheesey in conjunction with the game? If nothing else, they at least count as parody.

Add graphics and remixed music? Graphics would distract from the gameplay (Video doubles as a playthrough and musical), and most of the remixes associated to Haunted Castle are either not good, or conflict with the tone of the game: Cheesey 80's Halloween Horror Adventure. For example, I love Portrait of Ruin's version of Crucifix Held Close, but it's a lot more serious in tone than the original song, so using it would be against my intentions.

I think the video is fine as it is honestly, but you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect it.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »
The big rock boss is frustrating me 'cos I can't seem to lay many hits on him.
Use Cross subweapon on him. It'll do wonders.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »
I actually found this pretty amusing and cheesy, but I liked it.  ;D

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
I'm a little confused by what you're asking for here.
I'm basing my suggestions off some of the other youtubers out there who tend to go over the top with effort, but those are just my biased expectations in terms of overall video composition.
Check out Angry Joe. Here's someone I watch because he makes great reviews, and pretty darn funny overall.
http://angryjoeshow.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryJoeShow

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »
I'm basing my suggestions off some of the other youtubers out there who tend to go over the top with effort, but those are just my biased expectations in terms of overall video composition.
Check out Angry Joe. Here's someone I watch because he makes great reviews, and pretty darn funny overall.
http://angryjoeshow.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryJoeShow
Yeah, you're expecting way too much from me then. I'm pretty sure Angry Joe gets paid to do what he does (Or at least gets money for it). I don't, and even if I was, I don't really agree with your suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:21:27 PM by markyjoe1990 »

Offline Sinful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
+1
So I watched that a bit of an Angry Joe show (the 2D fighting game & boob chicks. Just look for the pic with 2 guys on the couch to find video), and I had to stop watching. I think I got the jist of these guys. And I don't think so. They're way too cool for me.

I think markyjoe1990 should stick with what he wants. To force him to be someone he's not or doesn't want to be doesn't work. Being yourself is best (I think Angry Joe needs to learn this too? ... Don't tell me they are being themselves! :o).

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »
Angry Joe is mearly an example. I'm not trying set the bar for you, but rather inspire you a little. The reason I mentioned an example is because there is obviously an issue with quality and effort here. When I watch your video it just seems like you don't care. Ok so you might not have flashy intros and quality sound and outstanding digital presentation. That's fine, and that's my problem for expecting it. However where you are lacking in technology and going the extra mile, I might suggest that your video have decent humor to keep me engaged. I didn't find any here.
I don't really agree with your suggestions.
I know you mentioned that you "can't  expect please everyone". Well practice what you preach my friend. You don't agree with my suggestions because you feel your video perfect the way it is?  Ok. Everyone who posts their work on the internet are subject to fair critisism. Do you really need a disclaimer?

Based on your posts like ....
"The video's already getting likes, and aside from the one dude on here, I've gotten nothing but praise, so I think I'm off to a good start"
...it can be assumed that you're here for praise. I would think you posted this video to share with fellow fans but it looks like you're here for the "thumbs up, 5 stars, and the Likes". A bit disingenuous don't you think? Not uncommon on the internet. Well I don't like your video because it's all thrown together just for the purpose of soliciting and networking your name. No effort, no love, and corny as hell. You want clarity from me? There it is. 

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Take it anyway you wish. I'm not going to change the way I do things just to fit one person's standards. I don't agree with you. Let's leave it at that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:17:23 PM by markyjoe1990 »

Tags: