Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Team CV3/Dark Samus hacks  (Read 17386 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
I know there's an unused picture of "Stopwatch" subweapon in the Julius mode of DoS, is there any possibility to restore the routine that one can access time stop ability in Julius mode? Or there may have the possibility that the routines were hardcoded? It seems the DSVania editor alone didn't allow to change the routine of available subweapons. I'm a bit curious about it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:42:57 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:21 AM »
I know there's an unused picture of "Stopwatch" subweapon in the Julius mode of DoS, is there any possibility to restore the routine that one can access time stop ability in Julius mode? Or there may have the possibility that the routines were hardcoded? It seems the DSVania editor alone didn't allow to change the routine of available subweapons. I'm a bit curious about it.

As far as I know there is no way to do that, I'm pretty sure that stuff such as core gameplay mechanics are completely hardcoded so I doubt that would be possible to add it to where it can be used by a Belmont.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
I thought the stopwatch was used it Julius mode. But it was only to access the area the was blocked by stopped time, unless of course it's only in the Soma game. I'm not sure, it has been a while since I played Julius mode.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »
I thought the stopwatch was used it Julius mode. But it was only to access the area the was blocked by stopped time, unless of course it's only in the Soma game. I'm not sure, it has been a while since I played Julius mode.

No its not, just had a playthrough the past weekend and the area that normally requires the watch with Soma is just empty in Julius mode since it does not load the cannonball sequence.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:45 AM »
As far as I know there is no way to do that, I'm pretty sure that stuff such as core gameplay mechanics are completely hardcoded so I doubt that would be possible to add it to where it can be used by a Belmont.

Sad to know. So the only possibility would be the further evolution of editing tools, maybe or may not be
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
UPDATE

Ok here is the release of the hack, download as well as additional information can be found within the video description, enjoy.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
This is beginning to shape up!
The lack of cape when jumping (Sypha) bugs the crap out of me, though.

Tell me, what animations are you missing?  I may be able to update a version just for your hack, but no promises.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 05:27:28 PM »
Heh, seeing the SCIV Simon in that game is pretty cool.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »
This is beginning to shape up!
The lack of cape when jumping (Sypha) bugs the crap out of me, though.

Tell me, what animations are you missing?  I may be able to update a version just for your hack, but no promises.

I know for Sypha I was missing the Jump kick and sliding sprites, I tried to add the jumping cloak sprites but it was far to big for the constraints, OI may be able to fix that later since I figured out how to change those restraints with the DSvania tool.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »
I noticed some of Trevor's animations are a bit stiff. Is it possible to fix it or is the game itself limiting that option?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »
I noticed some of Trevor's animations are a bit stiff. Is it possible to fix it or is the game itself limiting that option?

Sorry for the late reply, been busy, to answer your question the thing is Julius has the most messed of sprite assembly I have seen in my time of CV hacking lol, his jump was a mess which is why I had to opt for replacing his super jump (which was assembled better) and then swap his regular jump with it using the DSvania tool, that is why he jump is so stiff, as far as any other animations you may see as stiff then those just boil down to limited sprites to work with on Trevor's part.

Tags:

anything