Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821355 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #975 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »
+2
I hope a proper Death is introduced. I didn't like how LoS insinuated that Zobek is his equivalence.

Eh, I kind of like the new route they're taking with Death, but I can definitely see where it would be lacking.

Though I never understood why Death served Dracula. If he's really a primeval spirit, Dracula shouldn't have had any hold over him. Was this explained thoroughly in Lament? I never finished it.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #976 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
Yeah, it was covered in Lament, but I doubt that explanation applies to Lords of Shadow's universe.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #977 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:39 PM »
Though I never understood why Death served Dracula. If he's really a primeval spirit, Dracula shouldn't have had any hold over him. Was this explained thoroughly in Lament? I never finished it.
By the magic of an alchemic stone. Isn't it? (Not so fancy, I know)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #978 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
Eh, I kind of like the new route they're taking with Death, but I can definitely see where it would be lacking.

I agree. I would assume that Death would be Dracula's superior. Didn't Lament mention that he was being controlled by a stone?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #979 on: May 23, 2012, 11:06:06 PM »
By the magic of an alchemic stone. Isn't it? (Not so fancy, I know)

So he's just enslaved?

Makes Zobek sound more powerful, to be honest >.>

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #980 on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »
So he's just enslaved?

Meh...I'd rather Death be the actual Grim Reaper..

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #981 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
Meh...I'd rather Death be the actual Grim Reaper..

Agreed, though I'm not sure how he'd fit in now that Satan has shown up.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #982 on: May 23, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
Agreed, though I'm not sure how he'd fit in now that Satan has shown up.

He'd be the soul collector.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #983 on: May 23, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »
If Zobek is truly Death's "replacement" in the Lords of Shadow universe, Mr Dracul apparently goes without his primary ally for several hundred years...

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #984 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:12 PM »
+2
He'd be the soul collector.

So, now that the two are no longer allies, would he be on Satan's side, or Dracula's?

If Zobek is truly Death's "replacement" in the Lords of Shadow universe, Mr Dracul apparently goes without his primary ally for several hundred years...

Not necessarily. Zobek and Dracul could have had a falling out somewhere along the line. After all, Zobek does admit that Dracul was once mighty.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:15:50 PM by e105beta »

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #985 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:35 PM »
+1
So he's just enslaved?

I'm not sure it ever really comes off that way in Lament. It just says he serves whoever has the stone. I could've missed some line of dialogue where it's implied to be more of an enslavement though, since it's been a long time since I've played Lament, but Death doesn't get much face-time in that game so I can't imagine where it'd be. Also, the way he's portrayed and the circumstances actually make him come off looking relatively badass:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #986 on: May 23, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
With it not being a pop contest or "I don't like you so -1 for you!" But something like "Hey, this man added positively to de discussion (Even if I don't agree with him) +1 or "Man this is such a annoying trol/offensive post", so -1. That's my idea though.
That's my whole wish-list too.

Add stages based on CVIII and we have a deal (Expecially the falling rocks stage, it just can't be missed)

Yes basically either if it's good ok, bad nay

Edit random thought I want to see grandma Sonia
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:20:57 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #987 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
So, now that the two are no longer allies, would he be on Satan's side, or Dracula's?

Maybe Death worked for Satan until Gabriel/Dracula defeated Death in battle. Since he was the first ever to do so he was forced to pledge allegiance to Gabriel/Dracula.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #988 on: May 23, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »
+3
Yeah they never really explain WHY Death is bound to some magical macguffin like the crimson stone, but most other CV games seem to count Death as Dracula's confidante and friend. His ONLY friend.

If I recall, it's more based around the concept of Japanese death Gods that the idea arose that he isnt the grim reaper, but just "a" Death God. Or just some powerful necromancer much like Zobek.
of course I dont think the games themselves ever really went there.

I actually find it interesting that they can be friends, given how their connection works. Im guessing that simply after so long a time of being together they simply bonded. But now, if someone else theoretically acquired the stone, would that mean Death would betray and abandon Dracula?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #989 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
Yeah they never really explain WHY Death is bound to some magical macguffin like the crimson stone, but most other CV games seem to count Death as Dracula's confidante and friend. His ONLY friend.

If I recall, it's more based around the concept of Japanese death Gods that the idea arose that he isnt the grim reaper, but just "a" Death God. Or just some powerful necromancer much like Zobek.
of course I dont think the games themselves ever really went there.

I actually find it interesting that they can be friends, given how their connection works. Im guessing that simply after so long a time of being together they simply bonded. But now, if someone else theoretically acquired the stone, would that mean Death would betray and abandon Dracula?

According to games like HoD it seems like Death really cares about Dracula.

Tags: .....?