Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1836726 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1200 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »
I think the idea of Simon and Alucard being the same character is...sort of neat. It can go either way for me, we won't know until Thursday though. If the game truly is like ReBirth, I hope there are a lot of levels and abundant platforming full of secrets and alternating paths.

I'm still going to miss pork chops in the walls. :(

I think it's kind of cool as well, but what I don't like is how these rumors are debunking each other.

MoF: You're going to play as Simon and Alucard, both with whips.

LoS2: Simon is Alucard.

So which one is true!?!?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1201 on: May 28, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
So which one is true!?!?
I'm keeping everything under my hat for now, but I'm not regarding any of them as the truth. These recent rumors just fit in nicely with the first ones I posted on here from the original leaker.

Only 3 days left gentlemen.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1202 on: May 28, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »
+1

No.
Only something that sounds like "WAAAA...IT'S A BAD IDEA LIKE FROM CHILDREN FANFICTION, IT SHOULDN'T EXIST AND i AM GONNA STRANGLE ONES WHO CREATED IT" and all of this about RUMORS that wasn't even confirmed and even, if they are true we don't know a bit about how those ideas were executed.

Funny thing is, I have seen you act like a jerk towards someone simply because they voice their dislike for Cox and his games.

It did not matter if they said it in a civil manner or in the manner which you described, it just seems that any opinion that is negative towards cox you deem "bitchy" and feel the need to challenge.

Hell, I'm a fan of IGA and I have seen PLENTY of IGA bashing around here (most of which are from you) and yet I don't belittle your opinion or try to challenge it at every turn.

Infact, the only time we ever get into these kinds of discussions is because you come at me.

Like I said, I could go around calling the people who praise Cox and LOS mere "ass kissers" for their constant suck up, but I realize that its their OPINION and me being a jerk to them is not going to change that.

It would seem that not everyone shares that same restraint... :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:53:33 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1203 on: May 28, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
+7
If they are the same person maybe it will be explained why. Like what if they start out as two different people and some random spell comes and makes them fuse or something? Finally at the end they break the spell and become two people again.
Like in Dragon Ball Z? :) Simon Belmont and Alucard merge to become... SIMUCARD! ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1204 on: May 28, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
Taht's brilliant!! +1 for you DwagonSlayr

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1205 on: May 28, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
+1
Like in Dragon Ball Z? :) Simon Belmont and Alucard merge to become... SIMUCARD! ;D
Genius. And the voice actors could talk at the same time too.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1206 on: May 28, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
+1
personally, and i may be alone in this. but if these rumors pan out i am all for it. the concepts of a 2d game but more styled like lords sounds awesome. sign me up for atleast 2 copies lol.

That's what made me kind of nervous, when I heard that it will be LoS combat in a 2D game. The first thing that came to mind was Bloodrayne Betrayal, and (I don't think anyone else agrees, but) I hope the combat doesn't turn out too similar to that. I don't think it was a bad game or anything, but I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason. I hope it's not too combo-centric, is what I mean, I suppose.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1207 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:02 PM »
The first thing that came to mind was Bloodrayne Betrayal
Likewise, and it's not a good thing.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1208 on: May 28, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
That's what made me kind of nervous, when I heard that it will be LoS combat in a 2D game. The first thing that came to mind was Bloodrayne Betrayal, and (I don't think anyone else agrees, but) I hope the combat doesn't turn out too similar to that. I don't think it was a bad game or anything, but I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason. I hope it's not too combo-centric, is what I mean, I suppose.

If it makes you both feel any better (or wose depending on your take on it), the leaker best describes MoF's combat is similar to that of a "2D Tales of game.' He didn't say which 2D Tales of game though.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1209 on: May 28, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »
That's what I don't care about regarding the idea of 2D combo, in Bloodrayne Betrayal, you had lots of moments of "Why don't you just DIE already?!!!!" where you have to spam combos just to take out normal enemies. It was one of the things a lot of people disliked about LoS(normal enemies that take forever to kill). I can't see it being a beneficial trait unless they focus on that with bosses only, and keep normal enemies short and sweet(easy to kill in just a few hits).

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
If it makes you both feel any better (or wose depending on your take on it), the leaker best describes MoF's combat is similar to that of a "2D Tales of game.' He didn't say which 2D Tales of game though.
My knowledge of the Tales games is very limited, so I have no idea whether to be relieved or worried about this.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1211 on: May 28, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
Death threats? oh, wow..it seems you have some very bad thoughts in your mind and only assume the worst. I am not violent.
Death threats or pain threats, it doesn't matter what it is. In the end it is a threat over video game fictional characters. It is neverthless idiotic and the lowest level of fanboism one can fall.

Funny thing is, I have seen you act like a jerk towards someone simply because they voice their dislike for Cox and his games.
I believe I had a reason to act that way. Or maybe you once again read my posts differently.

And by the same margin I could call people praising IGA "IGA-asskissers", but I saw this kind of attidute mainly from LOS-haters.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1212 on: May 28, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »
+2

And by the same margin I could call people praising IGA "IGA-asskissers", but I saw this kind of attidute mainly from LOS-haters.

But the thing is, I don't praise IGA constantly nor do I see others doing so.

I myself am able to see the faults in IGA and his games and have even admitted it.

The things is, I only see the constant "praise" on the LOS side who loves to bash IGA in 90% of their post and praise Cox and LOS.

So its not "praise" when you can see the faults and criticize the person in questions game.

But you on the other hand seem to like any and everything Cox does... :-X

I honestly can not remember a time when I have ever seen you voice your dislike for something Cox and his team have done.

Even some of the most avid supporters of LOS have SOMETHING that they did not like whether it was minimal or major.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:53:35 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1213 on: May 28, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
+3

And you could be seen as a person with very little meat to their argument if all you can call a person is an "IGA-asskisser" or a
Cox-asskisser". But please, go right ahead. I love it when people use those as blanket-terms when they don't have a good retort for a well-written argument against either man's style of game-making.

I should make badges.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1214 on: May 28, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
Jeez people, whatever happened to the wait-and-see approach? After all, bad ideas could still be saved by a good enough execution (and in this case, it better be damn good)...
>Tales-style combat
...as good ideas could still be ruined by bad execution.
(...What? I'm a fan of the Tales series, okay?)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: .....?