Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194372 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
+4
you don't see grant in the trailer because he's jerking off on the ceiling because he knows nobody can stop him

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »
When this was invisioned as an amimated trilpdy Grant was to show up in part 2. So I figure he'll show up in the 2nd seaon.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2017, 04:29:22 PM »
Isn't Grant the guy throwing knives?

Also, better be safe than sorry.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »
When this was invisioned as an amimated trilpdy Grant was to show up in part 2. So I figure he'll show up in the 2nd seaon.

Which is funny considering the long spiel Ellis gave about Grant being a bad character and not wanting him in at all on another post.

It seems he ended up adding Grant to escape the tsunami of hate.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
I was under the impression this is only 4 episodes and season 2 is going to be an adaption of a different game.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
+1
I wouldn't be surprised if Grant is a no show, seems to be a running tradition to give Grant the shaft.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
Warren Ellis initial script was for 90 minute animated movie, and it didn't even get into the castle. It was supposed to be a trilogy,  all about Dracula's Curse. That could have changed but I have seen no indication that season 2 will be about another game, though I would be cool with that.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »
REALLY... reaching for the hate now.  This is looking awesome.  I am so psyched, everybody looks right. Trevor is an awesome fusion of his CoD and Simon in MiD. Coy not be more stoked. Sypha looked perfect, and if alucard puts on a shirt I'm totally game.  Holy crap guys. ????????????????

If it was directed at me... I wasn't hating. I don't think it looks bad. I understand it's because they have to animate them but they look pretty plain.
I'm glad Trevor isn't barbarian looking. Wonder what Iga thinks about it.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2017, 04:43:42 PM »
Sypha looks gorgeous.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
Sypha looks gorgeous.

No staff. But the hand thing looks pretty cool.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Bets on the soundtrack having some remixes from Castlevania 3? Didn't they say they were going for rock n roll/heavy metal?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »
Warren Ellis initial script was for 90 minute animated movie, and it didn't even get into the castle. It was supposed to be a trilogy,  all about Dracula's Curse. That could have changed but I have seen no indication that season 2 will be about another game, though I would be cool with that.

Dracula's Curse has one of the better stories in the series (with a pretty clear arc and canonical side characters to bounce off of) so hopefully they can at least get this one right since most others would be more of a challenge. Though there are some obvious exceptions like Bloodlines, Portrait of Ruin and Rondo of Blood.

I get a definite Vampire Hunter D mixed with a little Hellsing Ultimate feel from that trailer, and as a fan of both, this could be great. Just as long as the characters are portrayed well and the action and pacing are good.

As for Grant not being in it - eh, as a hardcore fan I'd miss him a bit but he is the least interesting of the original characters in my opinion. And especially without his potential ties to the Dănești family or Ferenc Nádasdy. I could see someone wanting to make a mini-series thinking the whole Pirate angle could be too distracting/tonally different.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
As for Grant not being in it - eh, as a hardcore fan I'd miss him a bit but he is the least interesting of the original characters in my opinion. And especially without his potential ties to the Dănești family or Ferenc Nádasdy. I could see someone wanting to make a mini-series thinking the whole Pirate angle could be too distracting/tonally different.

Yeah but get this: Grant ain't a pirate.

Ellis made this mistake. "Grant is a pirate therefore Grant is silly."

Grant is a rebel who gathered others from the common people to fight Dracula. He's the ONLY guy on the group representing the common people and fighting to restore the land (as in "where people actually live and what they actually eat") of Wallachia. He's not fighting because some authority sent him or some vendetta. It's not so hard to make a character like this. But Ellis saw fit to bloat the story with characters nobody gives a shit about ("Priest of Gresit" who?)

I believe there's room for Grant. He deserves a revival of his character.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:11:17 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
Is that Simon??

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
Turns out Frederator is not animating this after all according to an animator who posts on NeoGAF:

http://www.studiomir.co.kr/en/

Huh.  That explains things (still gotta watch the Voltron on Netflix).

I believe there's room for Grant. He deserves a revival of his character.

Second this.  Would be great to see Grant appear with a prominent role, not minor cameos or as a mummy.

Tags:

anything