Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821357 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #930 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
Since MoF is an interquel, I guess that means that it'll be the spiritual retelling of CV3 with Trevor and Al. So I imagine Sypha and Grant will be there too, which will explain the co-op. And then we'll have Lords 2, which will be Simon hunting down Gabriel. So, we'll have our retelling of CV1/SCIV/Chronicles/Haunted Castle/Captain N.

I wonder if they'll cover any of the games past that. A MercurySteam Juste Belmont would certainly be something.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #931 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
+5
I'll play it, beat it, and then sell it if I really don't end up liking it.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #932 on: May 23, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
Why would you put a game with canon characters in the hands of a guy whose entire thing is my games take place in a completely separate universe?

http://chichichichipndale.deviantart.com/journal/The-forty-eighth-sign-of-the-apocalypse-299938299

This is like that thing they're trying to do with Star Trek.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:24:01 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #933 on: May 23, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
+2
Yay, new games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Sorry, I'm too busy doing that to really think critically at the moment.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #934 on: May 23, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »
If they have Grant and Sypha I hope they go for more original designs and not make them turnout like the Judgment ones(mostly Grants, I didn't mind Sypha's).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #935 on: May 23, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
+1
If they have Grant and Sypha I hope they go for more original designs and not make them turnout like the Judgment ones(mostly Grants, I didn't mind Sypha's).

Castlevania Judgement - They are huge!

Me too Starwind, me too  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #936 on: May 23, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »
+1
Eh, I think this game is a spirtual Castlevania 3 but if the rumors are true that both Simon and Trevor are being used wouldn't it make sense that the next game would be alucard staring?

Symphony of the night was one of the biggest entries,there take on it would bring huge hype. Especially since rumors have said the locations in that game are non-linear like arkam city..

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #937 on: May 23, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
I disagree wholeheartedly. There were plenty of tracks she did that had a lot of Castlevania feel to them. She just counterbalanced them with some other stuff that was jazzy and upbeat. And, she only did a majority of the work on the soundtrack. Vincent Diamante did parts too, and his were jazz-based as well.

I did a review of the soundtrack, actually. Check it out and see what I mean. Yamane has a distinct style of music that you can still hear even in non-Castlevania games.

Honestly, Cox and Arajou need to look at what Yamane did with Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, to get a good feel of how moody, ambient Castlevania music can be used effectively to be both background noise AND memorable at the same time, and how to apply that to their games for the future. (including LoS2 and Mirror)

I agree here. Anti-Skullgirl Lab 8 Stage, Grand Cathedral Stage, Streets of New Meridian Stage, and Class Notes are probably my favorite of the OST. Great stuff, and I love how Yamane tackles the jazz components of the OST. I have a soft spot for Jazz as is.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #938 on: May 23, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »

You have to wonder if Obata was doing his damnedest to come up with the worst designs possible. I wonder if that game would have fared better if they used the original designs of each character.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #939 on: May 23, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
Can we start having all these rumors and links compiled on the first post, please? I think it'll keep the questions and requests of "Can you post that rumor again?!' or "Links please!!" to a minimum, and prevent the rest of us digging through what has, in a very short time, become a massive thread.

Either CastleDan or a mod could do it.

Thanks.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #940 on: May 23, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
I'd love to do it but even I'm having a hard time compiling all the info because so many things are contradicting other info..etc..etc...

If rumors are correct though friday we will start seeing some screens...so that will help clear things up for sure.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #941 on: May 23, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
I missed where it was said there were going to be screenshots. Where'd that info come from?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #942 on: May 23, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »
I missed where it was said there were going to be screenshots. Where'd that info come from?

The same place where all this crazy info has been coming from..4chan which is not always a reliable source to begin with.
It's hard to peg what is true and what isn't. I want to believe that Paul network site because they were pretty in-depth and he was right about the Playstation Brawl game. Who knows though...who knows..

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #943 on: May 23, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »

Someone on /v/ or /vg/. Supposedly, Eurogamer is supposed to be the site that has the images for Friday, and that's where the artwork claims came from, too.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #944 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
Someone PM me the rumors, and I will append them to the first thread, if the OP cannot or has not.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....?