Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Final Fantasy XV - Update Road Map  (Read 46142 times)

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
Just a warning, you both have to be present at chapter 14 since the title screen would change after beating the game and it will never revert back. It has more impact if both of you got hit by the feels.

I never used manual driving unless the story dictated so. I would just rather let Ignis drive, dabble with the music player and stare at Noct. Would the offroad Regalia replace the chocobo? Perhaps, unless they got rid of the chocobo rental mechanism. I hope there is a quest attached like for the flying Regalia. If Cindy would just give it out for free, I don't mind either.

Yup. 70% of their original staff is still working on the game. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

I still have to say that if even half of what I've read is true,  I am still rather miffed that SE didn't make this a self-contained story. If you need to have watched the movie, for instance, to have an idea who certain characters and events were, or how they pertain to the present situation, it really detracts from the actual game itself from where I see things. So I'll probably watch the movie with my wife this weekend, as I can tell that certain character's I've encountered had some relevance that wasn't really touched upon in the game as of yet...

But still, it does bother me that I have to take away from my precious game playing time to do this...

I am still grateful that they seem to have made efforts to rectify the in-game story with cut scenes and more chapter 13 exposition (which I have yet to reach and play) , and I know that they took 10-plus years to make this and were already running late but it really seems rather shoddy to leave out such seemingly essential elements until after the game is released...just my 2 cents...
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »
I am blaming the SE executives for turning the game into what it is. But well, we do what we have to do.

I suggest watch the anime series first (free on youtube), then the movie, and watch the gameplay of the Platinum demo too (lots of them on youtube since it is no longer available on the PS store, if I'm not mistaken) and read the Parting Ways pdf book(free somewhere on the FFXV website, it was a JP audio drama but was never dubbed in English, so just deal with the pdf script). Hide the sidebar stuff on youtube cuz the ending might be there.... I was lucky I did all of those before I got the game last November. And got my mom on board. hahaha. We are both big fans.
And they will add more stuff cuz "the FFXV universe will keep on expanding" ~Squeenix on E3.

Oh another heads up, read everything in game, listen to all the radio broadcasts.... if you fail, well, there's the FFXV reddit for all the lore stuff you might have missed after finishing the game. It is imperative that you finish the game before going to reddit or spoilers galore!

Yet another heads up, in Chapter 13 when your party splits, please get the Noctis route. The alternate route can be accessed from the main menu anytime but the Noct route can only be accessed on that chapter. You would miss stuff if you chose the other one, even if the game says you can switch, DON'T.

Also keep a manual usb copy of your save files (don't trust PS+'s cloud storage according to others, I don't have PS+, so I don't care). The game has a possibility to do a forced shutdown error that might corrupt your save files. I have experienced 3 forced shut downs with one almost corrupting my save files but the game was able to restore them, whew. They might have fixed it with recent patches, but yeah, better be safe than sorry. Rotating save files on the save menu doesn't matter since FFXV saves everything on one file. The DLCs have a separate file.

They did not take 10 plus years. True, the game was announced 10 years back but the actual development was just for 3 years ish. Squeenix executives have to hire Tabata to clean up the mess that was FFXIII Versus and deliver this FFXV with a solid deadline and a sales projection of at least 5 million copies when PS4s and Xbones don't have much penetration in the world market compared to the PS1 or 2 era. So a lot of cuts have to be made (like the initial invasion of Insomnia had to be part of the game but was turned into Kingsglaive instead). And they are still working on making it better.

If you need help on post game content, complete fishing/recipeh list or anything, just ask me. :) I think I have done all that I could in the game, but I'm still farming for that lovely rare drop of a rare spawn post game just to make my Noctis even more OP. Hahahaha.

On other news....
>The FFXV active time report happened yesterday and it seems there might be another VR game other than the announced fishing one. The upcoming fishing VR will let you meet and interact with the FFXV bros.
Squeeee~~~ ♥ But dang, I don't have a VR headset.... BOOOOOOO
>CUP NOODLE HAT Noct!!! There's a comic book anthology (Japan), line stamps, a mobile game....
More stuff here on reddit

Offline Count Decebal II.

• C++ Programmer
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2017, 01:48:44 AM »
@Shiroi Koumori

Now from a developers point you could say that the development of Final Fantasy XV took approximately 10 years.
Final Fantasy XV has been prototyped on the PlayStation 2 back then whereby it has been trashed to transfer the game to the PlayStation 3 and finally to the PlayStation 4.

Now it is up to everyone theirselfs to interpret every incarnation of Final Fantasy XV as a 'new game' which has nothing to do with it's previous incarnations discarding the development time but strictly seen time is time.

But for this fisaco to be blamed is Tetsuya Nomura whose 'perfectionism' did not lend to a finished product and wasted money which in the game industry is often not tolerable.

Square Enix is lucky that Hajime Tabata has managed it to shape the game to something playable.
I hope they have learned something from this fiasco which I honestly do not believe.

Sincerely,
Count Decebal II.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2017, 02:40:14 AM »
@Shiroi Koumori

Now from a developers point you could say that the development of Final Fantasy XV took approximately 10 years.
Final Fantasy XV has been prototyped on the PlayStation 2 back then whereby it has been trashed to transfer the game to the PlayStation 3 and finally to the PlayStation 4.

Now it is up to everyone theirselfs to interpret every incarnation of Final Fantasy XV as a 'new game' which has nothing to do with it's previous incarnations discarding the development time but strictly seen time is time.

But for this fisaco to be blamed is Tetsuya Nomura whose 'perfectionism' did not lend to a finished product and wasted money which in the game industry is often not tolerable.

Square Enix is lucky that Hajime Tabata has managed it to shape the game to something playable.
I hope they have learned something from this fiasco which I honestly do not believe.

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Yeah. I agree that the developer's perspective is 10 years. But I just counted the year when FFXV is FFXV and not its previous incarnations since a lot of the previous stuff were scrapped and nothing much happened for the 7 years it was stuck in development hell. Either way, its no use arguing over the time it took from announcement to release. A lot of people were teens when this was announced and now they have families.

I also blame Nomura.

Squeenix did not learn from this fiasco. If I am not mistaken Nomura will be working on another game alongside FFVII: Remake and KH3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:42:14 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2017, 02:23:16 AM »
The newest patch is 8.65 GB on the PS4.

Version 1.12
Various bug fixes

Version 1.11
Implementation of Regalia Type-D off-road customization option (available at Hammerhead)
Conclusion of survey regarding future updates
Addition of compatibility with EPISODE PROMPTO
Addition of pieces from EPISODE PROMPTO to music player tracklist
Various bug fixes

I didn't have the time to test out the Regalia type D. Since the download time for the patch took 4 hours!  :'(

Episode Prompto comes out tomorrow! Metal Gear Prompto~

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »
So...about that deadeye Behemoth....

That was quite the anticlimactic fight...took him on a few nights ago and I was expecting to die a few times. Turns out none of my characters took any damage whatsoever, and the fight was over pretty quick. Didn't help that he got stuck in his pathfinding after he jumped up a cliff, and I could safely plug away at him, but as soon as he made it to a barrel....

I loved the setup for the fight...too bad it was all for naught in terms of challenge

Not that I haven't gotten whooped running into various level 50 mobs early on, but still...
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2017, 10:26:54 PM »
Deadeye is weak. It was just a strong enemy on the Episode Duscae demo.
There are bigger and badder enemies in the higher level hunts and dungeons. And if you are fond of behemoths, there are stronger ones too. The best fights in my opinion are the ones that happen post game.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2017, 02:34:30 AM »
I hate shooting games but Episode Prompto is awesome! The final boss battle was so much fun. And I replayed it again for other collectables. Episode Gladio really got the short end of the stick.

And on other news, in a recently concluded fan Q&A in Japan, Tabata said that Episode Ignis is currently in development and
(click to show/hide)

Nyx has a game model already but they need to tweak it further so that the PS4 can handle it. Squeeeee~ Is this the something planned for Kingsglaive's anniversary?
Dev team is aware of the criticism about the story and acknowledged that they couldn't do everything they wanted. See they are not cold hearted.
Why there is no art book? Because of spoilers for DLC and story update. But they will make one (maybe) when everything is over. I can't wait to buy it. :)
"Please look forward to his [Ravus] story." GOOD!

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
I hate shooting games but Episode Prompto is awesome! The final boss battle was so much fun. And I replayed it again for other collectables. Episode Gladio really got the short end of the stick.

And on other news, in a recently concluded fan Q&A in Japan, Tabata said that Episode Ignis is currently in development and
(click to show/hide)

Nyx has a game model already but they need to tweak it further so that the PS4 can handle it. Squeeeee~ Is this the something planned for Kingsglaive's anniversary?
Dev team is aware of the criticism about the story and acknowledged that they couldn't do everything they wanted. See they are not cold hearted.
Why there is no art book? Because of spoilers for DLC and story update. But they will make one (maybe) when everything is over. I can't wait to buy it. :)
"Please look forward to his [Ravus] story." GOOD!

I still want an ending where everything is unambigously happy, dammit...
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2017, 03:13:54 AM »
I still want an ending where everything is unambigously happy, dammit...

Me too. But think about it, why are these stories made: they stick with you right in the feels. And well, FF specializes in that, Tabata loves those tragic stories too. /sigh
Anyway, I will just live with my head canon that
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
Here are some Kingsglaive anniversary wallpapers for your smart devices.
https://twitter.com/kingsglaive/status/883551364432838656
https://twitter.com/kingsglaive/status/883551900569706496
https://twitter.com/kingsglaive/status/883889410843987968

Wishful happy thoughts? Sheesh..... We all know what happens.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
they better include female avatar creation!!   they could include Crowe and Stella customization assets too

https://finalfantasyxv.com/comrades/

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/26/final-fantasy-xv-comrades-expansion-beta-test-begins-august-3-2017/

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades-closed-online-test-set-august-3-8

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xv/july-26-2017/Final-Fantasy-XV_2017_07-26-17_004.jpg

if it has female avatar creation, I'll buy FFXV and the season pass for comrades beta.  and the full expansion version.  they could finally end the sausage fest.

and they should make avatars playable in single player too like they said before.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2017, 03:22:33 AM »
Sees "requires PS+ subscription" NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

@affinity: You can customize your avatar as female.
Source: Periscope stream by FFXVJP
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:36:48 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2017, 11:46:38 PM »
Good news for Xbox owners who also have Forza 3.

Beginning on August 1, Forza Horizon 3 and FINAL FANTASY XV players will be able to download and enjoy the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 for free. The Regalia will be made available to everyone who has played Forza Horizon 3 (on Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Windows 10 PCs) and/or FINAL FANTASY XV (on Xbox One or Xbox One S) by August 1, 2017. For Forza Horizon 3 players, the Regalia will be sent to all players and will be redeemable through the in-game messaging system. FINAL FANTASY XV players will receive a code to redeem the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 via the Xbox Live messaging system beginning on August 1.

Argh, xbox... wait... I hope they bring it to the PS4 with GranTurismo Sport. Please, Squeenix do it!

For more details, nice videos and behind the scenes stuff head here:
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Regalia_Announce
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/hma_7_28_17

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »
Alrighty, the new patch dropped yesterday. And I won't be able to download it until next week... grrr.

Ver. 1.13 Patch Notes
Size: 2.534 GB (PS4); 3.18 GB (XB1)

Addition of a new quest (available at Hunter HQ from Chapter 8 onward)
Implementation of Cross Chain combination attacks (from EPISODE: DUSCAE)
Distribution of Magitek Exosuits (no separate DLC required)
Temporary reopening of the Moogle Chocobo Carnival until the end of September
Various bug fixes
Magitek Exosuits do not work in Timed Quests

And there are 2 new additional trophies for the main game.

Tags: