Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: 18 years from now.
« Last post by theANdROId on Today at 08:06:08 PM »
I enjoyed it for the most part.  Instead of cancelling, the school system where I work held all students 30 additional minutes (the reasoning was that this was an opportunity to teach about the eclipse, and releasing during it wouldn't be safe).  Though the day was a waste as far as normal schoolwork is concerned, and on account of there being clouds in the way for the moments surrounding our maximum solar coverage, it was at least neat to have those special little glasses and see the eclipse leading up to that moment in time!

I didn't mysteriously get any superpowers though... :-(
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)
« Last post by theplottwist on Today at 01:55:14 PM »
Sadly the eclipse is a luxury that we cant enjoy in my country :/

But, as the project is in the way to be a game now, what is planned to be? a metroidvania or classicvania?

Metroidvania. Huge map, items to collect, all that jazz.
« Last post by eryson on Today at 01:36:41 PM »
Sadly the eclipse is a luxury that we cant enjoy in my country :/

But, as the project is in the way to be a game now, what is planned to be? a metroidvania or classicvania?
« Last post by Chernabogue on Today at 12:23:28 PM »
Our marketing is going too far, I told you.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: DUSK, The true revival of Classic FPS.
« Last post by Flame on Today at 11:18:09 AM »
D44M doesn't exactly try to be an exact  90's FPS. it's just a 90's FPS through a contemporary filter. AKA it brings back the hallmarks of classic FPS design, (no reloading, no stamina management, no limited weapon capacity) in a modern way, while adding some new features, and also reviving classic Doom design philosophy. (metal, stanic imagery, hell, mars, vibrant visual design, etc) after Doom 3 tried to turn the series into the sci-fi horror genre, and the early development of Doom 4 was basically Call of Doom.

That said, I dunno. Something about Dusk puts me off. I'll probably try it, but something about it puts me off and i can't say what.

IMO, while gameplaywise, Strafe has nothing to do with 90's FPS design, it had the right "feel" of it visually and soundwise
Fan Stuff / Re: ANATHEMA - Classicvania Coming to Steam
« Last post by piscesdreams on Today at 10:41:24 AM »
That's quite the list  ???

All for the better, we hope.
General Castlevania Discussion / 18 years from now.
« Last post by KaZudra on Today at 10:41:22 AM »
Dracula will be released.
But for now, Let's enjoy the eclipse.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: What if CV games were longer?
« Last post by X on Today at 10:09:26 AM »
Welcome to the Dungeon TOMOYA  :)
That statue is pretty good. I'm not seeing the teenage boy face though. it might just be the angle from which the shot was taken. A full facial  view might change the perspective.
Fan Stuff / Re: ANATHEMA - Classicvania Coming to Steam
« Last post by X on Today at 10:03:06 AM »
That's quite the list  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10