Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Classic Castlevania Threads / Re: Your Favourine Non-Belmont Character?
« Last post by superc4 on Today at 06:58:32 AM »
Back to the thread, in an antagonist sense, I'm surprised no one mentioned Malus from CV64/ LOD. I thought his character was handled very well, particularly for the era in which those games were released.

Malus, I think was the beta for Soma Cruz (or Soma was based on Malus), like he's Dracula's reincarnation or that sort and it is revealed very late in the game, when you think the other guy is Dracula.
Yes. Yes. But, everytime someone gives dislikes or that kind is usually the losing side in "my" experience.
So you're trying to win? Good for you, unlike you I was not trying to win as I don't consider your points as rebuttal and hence not a debate.

My concluding point is that stealing player's deus ex item to make the player from badass to wimp is a hard joke played by game and never should be happening again. Thinkng, no game that I've ever played gets [player's weapon stripped for no apparent reason (e.x. Game over).

Legacy of Kain, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid: Prime, as three examples of good games nonetheless.

Also, I condemned on the stealing item itself, not Death doing it, just that Death is only one to do it.

No one literally ever said that Death was a relevant factor in your personal likes/ dislikes.
If you don't like your gear getting stolen, do the Death glitch, keep your gear, simple.

Also that I have personal grudge towards this theft of items cuz when I played SotN for the first time and getting smashed with Slogra-Gaibon because of lack of weaponry and protective gears and when I replayed  the game and checked Alucard's stats made me pissed.

No one cares about personal grudges or peoples' anger. One person's tantrums don't make a critically acclaimed game's design choice unfavourable.

Back to the thread, in an antagonist sense, I'm surprised no one mentioned Malus from CV64/ LOD. I thought his character was handled very well, particularly for the era in which those games were released.
I've seen it done in a fanfic, where he ends up meeting iirc Trevor under diferent circumstances.  In my idea I'm thinking it's set during when he was for a brief time wanting to avenge his mother, before later on joining the side of the Belmonts, but an alternate timeline where he never joins Trevor's side could also be interesting. 
Classic Castlevania Threads / Re: Your Favourine Non-Belmont Character?
« Last post by superc4 on Today at 02:49:13 AM »
On a random aside to this, because of the discussions about Death making his offer to Alucard to rejoin Dracula's side, and his gear prior to rebelling has suddenly made me think about what if there was a game that had had Alucard as a major antagonist (and not boss fight that finishes with him joining your team).  Where you see Alucard at his darkest point, when he was sided with his father. That could be pretty cool.

That actually sounds really cool. Like Alucard walked the same path of his father to avenge his mother, but that case, we would miss the one of greatest CV Protagonist.
On a random aside to this, because of the discussions about Death making his offer to Alucard to rejoin Dracula's side, and his gear prior to rebelling has suddenly made me think about what if there was a game that had had Alucard as a major antagonist (and not boss fight that finishes with him joining your team).  Where you see Alucard at his darkest point, when he was sided with his father. That could be pretty cool.
Wow this is a coincidence, I had no clue but I released my hack here on that same day.

The hack's new story serves as a fanmade sequel to SOTN with Richter,Shaft,Dracula,Alucard, and Maria returning, had I known this I would have given a Happy birthday shoutout to SOTN when I released it lol.
Off Topic / Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Last post by Belmontoya on Yesterday at 03:19:19 PM »
They get a little off from each other right at the end. But holy hell this is a good performance of All I Ask of You.

Who woulda thought Josh and Kelly?

https://youtu.be/AIWZfMWWvPU
Personally I don't believe this is correct. I don't believe the VK "loves the Belmonts like family" so to speak. I believe it's purely because of the VK containing Sara's soul, it does contain a level of sentience to recognise the bloodline, but that's about it. The reason I say this is because in LOI the power of the VK i.e. "The Whip's Rage" is mentioned. Later in AoS we are informed that the VK's power 'faded' after the true ending i.e. the Rage was quelled. The reason Sara's soul was fused into the whip of alchemy was to create the VK, so the Belmonts could destroy creatures of the night.

Notice that in POR when Jonathan faces off with the Whip's Memory (the memory of the previous wielder) it is still Richter Belmont. This means the VK's last memory is Richter wielding the VK, so it still does recognise him as the last person to wield it and that's by the time of POR, over 100 years after Richter's games took place.

The Richter being ashamed

I agree, But the whip must have felt the rage, as  the count was still alive.  and this was after the Belmont gave up the whip but still having others fighting him.
and as far as blood convent  go They made a Bond deeper then almost anything, I remember reading that's were blood packs
came from The idea of blood brothers (I may be wrong about This ) so I always see that her soul will always be with them, and I think that since it was out if love to protect him and others it must be able to feel something more then just hate, No I'm not saying that inside the whip its play chess and having coffee and planning out its days , but like the heart it has a sort of awareness of what's happening.

Yes we have never seen that and all this is based on just my head.  But again my idea is no more right then your idea.
And your idea is really cool.

Aslo was I right in remembering that Wygol village had the last 2 belmonts liaveing in there, I was unsure cos after the whole loseing the whip. id have just moved far, far away until there ready to come back,

Also I really would love to know a reson why they lost the whip,

as I think its cos richter broke the  blood convent with sera's soul.  As we all know that anything to do with the count can draw out the worst in  anyone heart, so I always thought that deep down  he was sad that he was now useless, and there was no  need for him. and I would not be shocked if shaft played on that and used that to take him over, thus his weakness  was how shaft controlled him. And that's were the shame part comes in he left out of shame cos in fact what shaft did to him was true he did what to fight  over, and over scard of become old and forgotten.

but the whip being sort of alive understood,  as I think sera's soul  loves them all like family, as she would have been leons child's mother so I think she made it possible to  have a cooling off time, sort like to make them pure again
SO yeah that's my idea to why the Belmont's lost the whip, its may not be right, and it may not  even be close,
but cos Richter became the master of the demon castle, others would have been doomed to  become a vampire and other terrible fates. And that's what was promised to sera's soul.   (I swear to you, no more will suffer your fate)

So yeah that's just what I think

Personally I don't believe this is correct. I don't believe the VK "loves the Belmonts like family" so to speak. I believe it's purely because of the VK containing Sara's soul, it does contain a level of sentience to recognise the bloodline, but that's about it. The reason I say this is because in LOI the power of the VK i.e. "The Whip's Rage" is mentioned. Later in AoS we are informed that the VK's power 'faded' after the true ending i.e. the Rage was quelled. The reason Sara's soul was fused into the whip of alchemy was to create the VK, so the Belmonts could destroy creatures of the night.

Notice that in POR when Jonathan faces off with the Whip's Memory (the memory of the previous wielder) it is still Richter Belmont. This means the VK's last memory is Richter wielding the VK, so it still does recognise him as the last person to wield it and that's by the time of POR, over 100 years after Richter's games took place.

The Richter being ashamed
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Your Best Gaming Accomplishments
« Last post by Crying Freeman on Yesterday at 01:45:07 PM »
Beating CV3 with Trevor only. One of the most frustrating nights of my life but once Dracula was dead, it felt like I won a huge and important battle, like it meant something XD that kind of weight isn't in Akumajo Densetsu, which is one of the reasons I prefer the US version.

Other than that beating Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 (I don't own 3, too pricey for me atm) but I honestly think CV3 is WAY harder. There are way harder games out there. NG is way more predictable, and you kinda know when you'll win and know when you've mastered the game. In CV3 there are more random things that can get in the way, like the bats or platforms making holes in the ground at Drac's fight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10