Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 454501 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)
« Reply #810 on: June 18, 2017, 04:28:13 AM »
today is "make the inventory system" day

kill me now

please

In other news: Certain enemies are starting to adopt classic Mortal Kombat arcade bullshit AI. :v

where have you learned this falsehood my child
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:30:07 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #811 on: June 18, 2017, 05:30:26 AM »
Bit of an exaggeration; when I read "adapting" I thought responsive AI over set-pattern behavior, kinda like how fighting game AI is usually.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #812 on: June 18, 2017, 06:02:06 AM »
oh

all that meant was basically that y'all ain't farming final guards or whatever for easy XP, because they ain't staying the exact same the entire game anymore
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:26:31 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #813 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »
oh

all that meant was basically that y'all ain't farming final guards or whatever for easy XP because they stay the exact same the entire game

Booo... I love XP farming.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2017, 03:00:27 AM »
+1

there will never be a better pun

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2017, 09:16:13 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #816 on: June 20, 2017, 02:45:07 AM »

That right there is cooked to perfection!

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #817 on: June 20, 2017, 06:49:40 AM »
Literally just had saucy, tasty beef brisket for dinner.

Synchronicity FTW.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #818 on: June 27, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »
I can tell some things:

-It's a he.
-On myth and legend, he's not known as a vampire. Here he is a vampire, but there is still a strong connection with his own lore.
-We took bits of things from the series to make them into a single character. This character will retroactively be some of the unnamed entities that have already appeared on the series, having now finally "shown himself".
-He's not as powerful as Olrox and Carmilla, but he still holds command over one of Dracula's "properties".

(click to show/hide)

I can only think about two entities with this kind of description, if they appeared more than one time in the series:

-Wraith: Like in Simon Wraith, Fake Trevor/Sypha/Grant, but more importantly in Castlevania 3 it appears like a spirit before entering in the coffin to revive a fallen boss body and control it.

-Doppelganger: It appeared a lot of times too, yet I don't see how it would be linked to ashes, it can morph (one of Dracula's magical "properties").

Now if you meant properties as some item or monster, I can go as far to think its Doctor Frankenstein. I've discarded Walter as a possibility since you said its a new vampire and appears in myths and legends, even having its own lore.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #819 on: June 27, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »
Both incorrect.

Additional hint:

There is a particular something in Aria that is never given any real explanation. This character is related to that something.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #820 on: June 27, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
There is a particular something in Aria that is never given any real explanation. This character is related to that something.

The rubber duck on the pool/bathtub?  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #821 on: June 27, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »

I was going to say that there is so many unexplained things that its almost like finding a  hay in a needlestack, and then you remind me about even more random things :P

The two most absurd things being Death trying to stop Soma and boss killing another one (Balore killing Giant Bat), for a bonus shot I'll use a hint to something that Im thinking for a time: Ashes, For ashes you need to burnm one of Dracula properties/powers is fire. Flame Demon is from hell and can be connected to Lucifer/Satan. From where I got this? Well, Satan's face is all over Aria's castle when you teleport.

I'll dismiss the "Satan's Ring" item because I know it was meant to be translated as Dark Lord's Ring. I really doesn't wanted to think it was Satan/Lucifer/Pazuzu because that reminds me of LoS, yet he hasn't appeared in the original timeline yet. Also he gets stronger with darkness in people's hearts and was said to appear in 1999 (even if they said that the prophecy was talking about Dracula, it could be talking about both)

I could go on and on, so its better if I stop here since I would consider that cheating lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #822 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:08 PM »

Welp, we're in trouble. Sesame Street has officially fallen in cahoots with Count Dracula now :P
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #823 on: June 27, 2017, 11:57:19 PM »
Welp, we're in trouble. Sesame Street has officially fallen in cahoots with Count Dracula now :P

Rubber ducky you're the one ~♪

I was going to say that there is so many unexplained things that its almost like finding a  hay in a needlestack, and then you remind me about even more random things :P

That duck is memorable. With two succubi in the tub. Yeah. Very very memorable.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #824 on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:41 AM »

lol

The duck is returning. It's part of the Castlevania mythos and one of the billion other homages we pay to the entire Castlevania lore (not within the world of the game, but dev mythos -- the duckies exist in Castlevania for a reason beyond nonsense. It's a reference to a real person who considered ducks "scarier than Dracula").

So keep an eye out for the duck.

The two most absurd things being Death trying to stop Soma and boss killing another one (Balore killing Giant Bat), for a bonus shot I'll use a hint to something that Im thinking for a time: Ashes, For ashes you need to burnm one of Dracula properties/powers is fire. Flame Demon is from hell and can be connected to Lucifer/Satan. From where I got this? Well, Satan's face is all over Aria's castle when you teleport.

You're thinking too hard. It's not Satan nor Flame Demon. It's a character that has never appeared on Castlevania before, but had plenty of room to do so.

Also, when I say "property" I'm talking "estate", not "qualities". Dracula owns a number of things, and this character is assigned as master of this thing in particular.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:36:48 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: 1999 Awes