Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If you could have any castlevania weapon  (Read 12476 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: If you could have any castlevania weapon
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
What, nobody wants the Belmont powerwalk?! ;-)

My first instinct is to pick an awesome weapon -- maybe the Claimh Solais, or the Crissagrim, or Death's Sythe, or I always liked the Balmung (as it appeared in Aria of Sorrow).  Then I think, "How can I not pick the Vampire Killer?!  The whip is one of my favorite things in Castlevania!"  But then some of the powered up subweapons are cool, like the axes with lightning from LoD, or the Item Crashes.

I need to figure out what I can get the most out of...which then brings up the idea of the power of dominance and all the different souls and the powers they give... :-S  so I should probably go see a Priest now. :-P

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
I need to figure out what I can get the most out of...which then brings up the idea of the power of dominance and all the different souls and the powers they give... :-S  so I should probably go see a Priest now. :-P

Return To Darkness

But interesting choice

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:12:38 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 08:40:52 PM »
If Glyphs don't count I take Hector's Dragon Slayer
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 01:43:24 AM »
CLAMIH SOLAIS. Clamih Solais.

If not, maybe Positron Rifle or Masamune.

Why not VK, because I'm not a Belmont nor Morris or any other Belmont heritage.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
But then some of the powered up subweapons are cool, like the axes with lightning from LoD, or the Item Crashes.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I want the hydro storm instead of that divekick.

That, or Albus' Fei-Long kick with all those invul-frames.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 03:29:30 PM »
If Glyphs don't count I take Hector's Dragon Slayer
No, no they count.

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 12:09:34 PM »
Eh, does the stopwatch count? A pretty boring answer, but it would be pretty nice to use to steal people's money avoid imminent danger.

It would be useful as i'm not a fighter so i would never have the agility to destroy a demon,  so this is my pick. Also  would be pretty fun have control over time

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
define "weapon"

if it means any mostly-physical combat-oriented thing, then i could make a compelling argument for half the ooe glyphs which would obviously be the best choice because instant variety

if it does not mean that and refers strictly to purely physical items that might have magical properties as a secondary, then the easy copout answer would be crissaegrim

although really my irish ass only has one pick and we all know what sword that is

Me and some pals were saying  if you could have one weapon and the abilities needed to use them

like having the arm strength to Lift clouds buster sword

minor rant incoming

this idea is honestly really silly

if one has the arm strength to lift the buster sword with ease and finesse, then just use a regular fucking sword

if you can swing around an 80-pound hunk of steel, imagine how much swing power you'd have with a more realistic 2-5 pound sword

also let's not forget that there are a slew of explanations as to how the blue fuck he swings that thing around like it's nothing (ff7 planet being smaller than earth and therefore lower gravitational force, obvious superhuman soldier enhancement, god-alien horizontal gene transfer affecting dna, etc.)

have the power to wield an 80-pound sword with ease, sure--but don't actually go around USING an 80-pound sword

grab a regular ass 4-something-pound claymore or whatever and start blueshifting that motherfucker with how fast you'd be swinging it (why blueshifting? well, gotta go fast brah)

[rant over]

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »

Weapon: a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

:)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:44:50 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »
POST-TEXTWALL EDIT: i see that you have removed the primary portion of your reply post, presumably so as not to derail or cause a storm or whatever, and out of respect for that decision i will put my reply to the deleted portion in spoilers--normally i'd delete it also if i'd actually posted and had the whole thing read before you removed your section, but just for fairness' sake i'm going to at least leave it posted in spoilers so that you can read it all and get a better idea of where it is i'm coming from in my previous assessment

(click to show/hide)

Weapon: a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

that question didn't have anything to do with the buster sword thing

what i meant by the quesiton is what is considered "physical"?

the OOE glyphs are magical in nature, but the swords and axes and hammers and the like they spawn are certainly "physical" enough to cause proper kinds of damage--therefore, the question is more "do we not consider the physical glyph weapons "physical" because they are inherently magical in nature and only exist when spawned using that magic?"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:36:41 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
I'm not patronizing you, I just think you're completely wrong for applying the logic of our world to the world of another, very different, fictional universe, where things obviously work very differently. I'm trained in first aid, but I don't look at the healing process in FFVII and get up in arms about the fact that no one's taking Cloud's pulse. Because it's a fictional universe where things happen that could never happen in our world. And what's more, Cloud uses a buster sword for personal reasons that have nothing to do with what would be a more effective sword.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm saying that what you're talking about can't necessarily be applied to other fictional universes, and I objected to your reply because it was filled with logic that not only misunderstood the spirit of my post, but was also generally flawed in that Midgar is not our world.

That's why I think it's best if we try to stick to the spirit of the topic, instead of getting side-tracked by specifics that are invalid and irrelevant.

As for weapons, I'm saying it can be magical or physical or whatever you want. As I said in my definition, "a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage". The OOE glyphs can inflict bodily harm or physical damage; therefore, they are a weapon.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
the thread is about "what's your dream weapon"

meaning what's the weapon/thing one would want ideally

meaning us, real people, living in a world of physics wielding fictional weapons that operate on a different plane of reality and rules

meaning we have the options of considering the real-world rules, or the fictional world rules

meaning our options are "framework of established and referable rules and laws" and "framework of rules and laws that have no referable basis because it's fiction"

meaning, i have fair game to consider these things

get bothered and think i'm "wrong" for daring to post in your thread in a way you don't like, i really couldn't care less

but don't sit there and talk about right and relevant because someone thinks differently than you about a given subject--since that's REALLY all this is

you're upset because i "misunderstood the spirit" of the thread and are making the assumption i think a game world and the real world are identical

i didn't "misunderstand" shit--you're just all bothered i didn't answer the way you wanted

and if someone applying logic and physics and science to fiction equates to "they think the two worlds are identical" in your mind you've got some serious problems with assumptive reasoning to work out

heaven forbid someone have a different way of viewing fictional topic than you and voices those views in a public thread you created for the express purpose of expressing views on fictional topics, right?

I'm trained in first aid, but I don't look at the healing process in FFVII and get up in arms about the fact that no one's taking Cloud's pulse.

are you telling me that you never, even in the slightest way, wondered how the hell all the magic and heal items that can undo death and injury any other time stop working completely due to a spine/stomach impalation purely because the plot demands it? ever? or how a supposedly-dead flower girl sinks in water, something corpses don't do? really? you've never once had these kinds of thoughts?

or are you just changing the rules of the public opinion thread on the internet because my M.O. in answering it isn't to your liking? because that's sure what the impression i'm getting is over here

I'm not patronizing you, I just think you're completely wrong for applying the logic of our world to the world of another, very different, fictional universe, where things obviously work very differently[thinking in a way i don't particularly agree with in this context]

i'm not endorsing genocide or whatever over here dude, acting like this over a difference of opinional value is most definitely patronizing

I just think you're completely wrong
"you're completely wrong because i say so"

I objected to your reply because it was filled with logic that not only misunderstood the spirit of my post, but was also generally flawed in that Midgar is not our world
"you misunderstood what i said because i say so"

"your argument is flawed and thinks fiction and reality actually follow the same rules, because i say so"

That's why I think it's best if we try to stick to the spirit of the topic, instead of getting side-tracked by specifics that are invalid and irrelevant.
"your opinion on fictional weapons in a public thread about the opinions of fictional weapons is invalid and irrelevant because i say so"

...but you're not being patronizing. riiiiiiiiiiight.

truth be told i don't really even understand why this had to be this overblown of an issue anyway--thread asked for opinions, i gave mine, you happen to disagree with it, and that's all fine but there wasn't really any need for all this "you're just wrong and irrelevant" stuff
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:18:08 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
You're allowed to answer any way you like, but there was no need to criticise the fact that I had specified that people didn't HAVE to consider the laws of logic -- you were the one who started ranting first, and you're continuing to be needlessly combative. Please can we move on now.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »
i was never intending to criticize your saying people didn't have obligation to answer or think about it like i have

i'll rightly apologize if the delivery gave that impression

it's not an obligation thing or attempt to deviate, that's how i think about this kind of stuff (the first "rant" about the buster sword wasn't entirely serious in delivery--most of it was satirically overblown, but i don't think i've interacted with you on the boards terribly often (unfortunately) and if that's true then i shouldn't have expected my methods of delivering satire and non-serious aspects to be automatically recognized)

as for being combative, you're not wrong, and i'm tempted to make a case against the part about it being "needless"...but this has indeed dragged on longer than it should have

we'll just have to agree to disagree, and i'm fine with that outcome since the disagreement itself was never what was bothering me anyway  :)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
That's just fine with me, sorry if I misunderstood your style. I'm sure there'll be many posts in future we can both agree on. :)

:)

Tags: