Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania - Harmony Of Despair: What If....  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Axe Armor

• The Old Axe Armor, true to their beliefs.
  • I do not use a whip, but I will fight with honor.
    • Castlevania Latino - Facebook Fanpage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Castlevania - Harmony Of Despair: What If....
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:38:48 AM »
Hi Castlevania Fans!
let me introduce myself
I´m new here in Castlevania Dungeon. Im One of the Old Axe Armors, and yesterday i was playing Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair.
HD is a good game, but i still feel it incomplete (i have the DLC´s). And I was talking to a friend: what would you have liked to see in HD? some other character or Forgotten stages of the franchise (Catacombs of CotM would be a great example) As far as I am concerned, I think it would have been fantastic to alternate between sprites of some characters and find a way to adjust to the game.  :P
Like the appearances of Chronicles and SCVIV of Simon or of AoS and DoS of Soma and Julius.  ;D
I remember seeing in an interview that someone from the community did to IGA and this one stated what HD had a low budget. ???  What is your opinion? to me it would only seem cool to have seen Juste Belmont use Spellbooks and SubWeapons once again.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania - Harmony Of Despair: What If....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
Hi there Axe and welcome to the community I hope you have a great time here.  ;D
as for your points yeah, I felt they missed out poor old Juste, he's often forgotten and I'd have loved to see some of Vampire killers (bloodline) stages.   but I do find it a shame they've never done anything like this again. 
And I would have liked it to have a better zoom mode.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:24:33 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
Hi Axel, newcomer here too!  ;D
Do you suggest the game could be "fixed" in a DLC or remake?
And I'd change minor points in the design of the game like longer levels and some enemies resistances

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:19:33 AM »
it could not do some kind of DLC hack to download and put them to the game, something like patches? that's the theme? because it would be cool
 ;)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
Castlevania Harmony of Despair could have started its own series if it broke sales and review records like SOTN did.
it's the most underrated Castlevania ever.

it completely innovative the concept of co-op, as well as provided one of the hardest single player experiences in the series (starting out with no gear/skill ups)

and provided officially multiple favorites to choose from, with various colors and builds.

and the loot system was incredible, everything was well designed and it outlasted all the IGAvanias, played across X360 then PS3 for years.

it would be epic if they continued to expand it with more Chapters, characters, enemies, bosses, loot, music, etc. etc.

it would be awesome if Serio's Castlevania Fighter characters were added to the roster, like Sonia, Stella and Loretta and all the others missing from CVHD.

CVHD game design does have longer lasting potential and community camraderie than story driven Castlevanias.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »
It would be fantastic if introduced a built-in level editor. With more available mapchip/background asset. If came true then the possibility of CVHD would be unlimited...
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »
Castlevania HD is a wierd one, in a very good way. To shed a new light, I think it was too different than what people had in mind; It is a Co-op speedrunning game. You start slow and as you beat levels you get new gear, you find the best gear by grinding... which is easier done via speedrunning.

All in all, it was great, made a few great friends along the way.
When you think about it, Gaming Communities are always best when it's rather small or niche.

There is a Unity fan-remake in the works, but I don't the the maker has ever stepped digital foot in the Dungeon just yet...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

anything