Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So I'm now replaying the first Lords of Shadow  (Read 6525 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: So I'm now replaying the first Lords of Shadow
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 07:17:41 AM »
Sword masters aren't that bad if you take your time and handle them properly. If you just go in button mashing like crazy trying to rush through it then yeah, they're rough. But they've got nothing on those damn skeletons.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »
Yeah, I've never had trouble with Sword Masters.

Skellie swarms (especially if they're on fire), though...

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
Funny enough I can deal with skeletons. they can be annoying in groups, but they are fairly predictable, and it's easy to manipulate their AI into doing what you want.

Swordmasters though are just too fluid and dont have enough telegraphing for their attacks, which themselves come out super quick.

And in a group? well shit.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 07:05:06 PM »
It's less that they're hard and more that the mobs can make it difficult to get much done without basically trading damage.

The Fire Skeletons are, however, a royal pain in the ass.

I dunno why I find the Swordies easier, despite their unpredictable telegraphing. Might be my subconscious Souls reprogramming of how I engage enemies.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: