Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: were do you stand on the belmonts having supernatural powers  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
were do you stand on the belmonts having supernatural powers
« on: November 05, 2016, 08:23:44 PM »
Me and some other fans were taking about this
It says in Cv3
"the towns people became afraid of the Belmont's super human power"

And I remembered it was a very hot topic with some Cv fans a few years ago

we know they have a degree of powers like sensing vampires,  and that there blood is needed to open the hidden chamber (however this could just be a blood seal and if someone else had made a seal, there blood would be needed to open it, so no powers needed)

However some members have been known to use magic.
some can use Item crash, use the whip in many way. fire balls and what have you. and some can even do a fire kick.

But being able to take attacks from monsters and are not killed in one hit.  and going toe to toe with The count, death and others.
They seem to be stronger then the every day human and  have enhanced stamina and enhanced Reflexes
But were they born with this or do they train.

It was stated  by soma that "the strength of a vampire hunter is greater than this". I find this odd as Alucard himself said this
"But Belmont's power is supreme among vampire hunters. None other could defeat him" 

and that makes me think that they are born with it,
So it could be in the CV world that if your trained the right way you can tap in to some of those powers, so maybe a Belmont's hidden power is stronger

such as super strength, enhanced Reflexes & stamina. As well as some magic powers  like setting the whip on fire or shooing fireballs and the Item crash.
and yes question can be asked about the other hunters.
We know they have some training, like how to use the whip and fight, and everyday hunter skills, but is there training focused on unlocking that hidden  power that all people in the CV world have or just how use the powers there born with.
so yeah a lot said that they trained to get there powers and are not born with them, but only a few said that they were born with it. So yeah were do lot stand.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:44:32 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: were do you stand on the belmonts having supernatural powers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
Belmont's are born with it and they trained well.
I think this also applies in real life. People with talent plus training are still better than those who just trained.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 12:01:34 AM »
In Castlevania's universe, there are supernatural occurrences and superhuman individuals.
Vampire hunters and certain individuals in general are seen to either possess or acquire superhuman abilities.
The Belmonts imo would still train to hone their strength, and the series has made reference to the VK being handed down to a male heir who is always Belmont by name. The skills they learn which manifest in games i.e. their abilities, (item crash, backflip, whip twirl, etc) is a gameplay mechanic.

However, there is a difference between Belmonts and other Vampire hunters that we know of, which specifically relates to the VK. The VK is the weapon(predominantly wielded by a Belmont) which has the power to destroy Dracula and his creations/ creatures under his dominance. A true Belmont by name and blood, even within the non-canon entries, are the only ones who can
(click to show/hide)
. This we know from BL and POR. The true Belmonts are the only ones who can wield the VK as intended. We also know from COD that
(click to show/hide)

Beyond all of this, a Belmont is still mortal. If you take HOD as a non canon basis or the games themselves for comparing attributes and abilities of different Belmonts you could say one is more powerful or faster than the next. Juste for example, is able to dash forward and backwards, more rapidly than other Belmonts.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 08:31:43 AM »
I believe most of the Belmont abilities are earned through training. However, there's indeed something on their blood that is inherited.

Juste was said to be actually born with stronger magical capabilities due to a connection with Sypha. In Order of Ecclesia, the villagers are related to the Belmonts and their blood carries something dubbed merely "power", while Albus confirms that their blood makes "many things possible" and is "one of life's miracles."

So not all is just training. There is something special with the Belmont blood that they are born with. To what extent, I don't really know.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:43:42 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:42:22 AM »
However, there is a difference between Belmont's and other Vampire hunters that we know of, which specifically relates to the VK. The VK is the weapon(predominantly wielded by a Belmont) which has the power to destroy Dracula and his creations/ creatures under his dominance. A true Belmont by name and blood, even within the non-canon entries, are the only ones who can
(click to show/hide)
. This we know from BL and POR. The true Belmont's are the only ones who can wield the VK as intended.
yeah sorry forgot to say about the whip killing non Belmont's, and that they are the only ones to use the whip. ( never post at 4:00 in the morning)

We also know from COD that
(click to show/hide)
Yeah I thought that as well about the blood, but where they the ones that made the blood seal, as if they were, then I don't real see that as a power as lets say that I made a blood seal. Then only my clans blood could open it, sort of like a genetic  password, Like in Bioshock.  but if it was not made by them, then yeah I agree it is super., (bet there blood taste great to vampires)

Beyond all of this, a Belmont is still mortal. If you take HOD as a non canon basis or the games themselves for comparing attributes and abilities of different Belmont's you could say one is more powerful or faster than the next. Juste for example, is able to dash forward and backwards, more rapidly than other Belmont's.
Yeah I thought this too, as they seem to get better, and better, wonder how powerful  Julius's kid?

Belmont's are born with it and they trained well.
I think this also applies in real life. People with talent plus training are still better than those who just trained.
And yeah  I always thought that they were born with it, and that they had good training too.

Juste was said to be actually born with stronger magical capabilities due to a connection with Sypha.
So not all is just training. There is something special with the Belmont blood that they are born with. To what extent, I don't really know.
yeah should have that more clear with juste than just saying  some can use "magic". And yeah I thought that they were all born with holy power too, for as long as I can remember, like being  able to use flame kicks and what have you,
(Loved that  flame drop kick)

In Order of Ecclesia, the villagers are related to the Belmonts and their blood carries something dubbed merely "power", while Albus confirms that their blood makes "many things possible" and is "one of life's miracles."
Again never post at 4:00, there is so much I forgot to say, on the other hand it was one long post so...
and I know what I said above, but  I don't see why they would have sealed it.
And like Albus  said there blood had power, so I have conclude that there blood is magic.

So yeah thank you for your input.  As this sort of thing always interest me, I wonder if we will get another Belmont after
Julius.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:12:16 AM by Guy Belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 02:50:03 PM »
The Belmonts have always had a supernatural power within themselves. Their intense training only adds to the fact. And finally, coupled with the Vampirekiller whip, they are an unstoppable force against the undead and other supernatural creatures. Even old gods of evil intent apparently. This power within allows them to sense when evil (or specifically Dracula) has come about. And also for the ability to subdue anything that no normal person could fight. Unfortunately for them it also forces the Belmonts to face said evil till it is no more. Reinhardt states this in CV64. And it is also mentioned in the story intro of Bloodlines, but not directly. Essentially the Belmonts are God's chosen champions against Dracula and other evil beings.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »
They can fight againt ethereal monsters, this alone is a supernatural power. Doesnt means that others wouldn't be able to do it too, but its not a normal thing and people would fear it. I think that they are born with some kind of power that makes them stronger than usual even before training and after training they become supreme.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:03 PM »
Did this special power exist in Leon? Or could it perhaps be a form of hereditary cancer caused by those mysterious orbs Leon found in Walter's castle? It was 85 years between Leon and Trevor, so Trevor's parents obviously had the ability. Leon didn't have kids until after he defeated Walter (and apparently gave up on trying to chase down Mathias for whatever reason). He was likely carrying those mystical orbs with him for years. What if they were radioactive? Maybe he developed a genetic cancer and that was passed on to his children and then to Trevor. Trevor found more radioactive orbs and the cancer grew. And so on down the line it went.  The orbs in CV3 seemed to pulsate because they were emitting radiation!! :o
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:59:18 AM »
Essentially the Belmonts are God's chosen champions against Dracula and other evil beings.
Yes, for so long I have been looking for a word to  sum up there power. "God's chosen champions"
nice one.

Did this special power exist in Leon?

Yes they seemed to like how he can do that flame kick, use sub weapons,  sense vampires  (depending on what part of the castle you beat first) and knowing that Gandolfi was human.

and also something that really stood out to me was using the whip with such skill
Medusa even said that "It wasn't so powerful before"

again this could be due to the elements but if one has not got them then then again no, he just has  real skill. and even. so it seems to be natural skill.

But its this part of the conversion that makes me think that its just Leon's own supernatural powers.

"Leon: But it has become more powerful than before..."

"Rinaldo: That is because of you. I hate to say it, but it seems it fits you better than me."

Even Rinaldo the one that made the whip, so he should know it better then anyone at that point in time, and he himself who had his own powers.  But even he had to say that Leon was better then him at using it, and he seemed to bring out a power in it that he couldn't.

And being able to take on monsters, and win. oh and using his Magic Gauntlet, I know that it was Upgrade with  Alchemy, but  still to use something like that, and make the most of it.

And to have the strength to block without being knocked down, or have his bones snapped.

Yes it could be all part of the enchantment, giving one the power to  block with no ill effects.  But  Gandolfi , never said that he just said
"Some enemies' attacks release a special power. If you block them with the gauntlet, you can gather that power."
So yes it could be that enchantment make it so one can block powerful attacks.  but he only really focused on the gathering part. 
And I think he would have said  that it also give you the power to block anything . 
But his sentence made me think, that he thought  Leon would have no problem blocking anything that comes his way.
so yeah id say that
special power exist in Leon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:24:32 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »
Did this special power exist in Leon?

I didn't ask this question Guy Belmont, it was TheouAegis, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
Even Rinaldo the one that made the whip, so he should know it better then anyone at that point in time, and he himself who had his own powers.  But even he had to say that Leon was better then him at using it, and he seemed to bring out a power in it that he couldn't.

I could craft a bow and arrow. Doesn't mean I'm the best person to use it. I can't shoot an arrow from a bow worth shit, so even if I make it to suit my tastes, there's still going to be someone that can make my bow truly shine (if it was a good enough bow).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 02:26:05 AM »
I never really thought about it much, but if asked I probably would've considered Belmonts as "peak humans" (like Captain America) and not necessarily superhuman. I like the idea of that, since it makes their dominance over Dracula much more impressive than if they had true superhuman powers (super strength, durability, longevity, agility, etc.). But maybe that's just me.

I like the idea of Belmonts having magical powers so long as it enhances their combat abilities. So long as they're not full-blown wizards with muscles, or anything like that, I guess.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
lol
I would argue that Juste is "a wizard with muscles".
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 08:24:45 AM »
He surely knows how to do some good punches and use all kinds of magic :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »
lol
I would argue that Juste is "a wizard with muscles".

Haha, man, I knew someone was going to point him out. That's what I get for painting in broad strokes, I guess.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: