Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania IV box art  (Read 40170 times)

Offline Akumajou Jason XX

• Hunter in Training
  • I've made a huge mistake.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2014, 02:41:25 AM »
I don't remember that Nintendo Power poster for Castlevania III.  Any idea what issue that was in?  Either way, whoever the actual box artist ends up being, I also loved his work back in the old days.  He (or she) did just about the only good job of "Westernizing" Japanese IP successfully.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:43:26 AM by Jason X »
Braun is perhaps the world's leading expert in laser weaponry, and his presence in the Kavango means that the Soviet bloc is planning some sort of laser mission.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »
I'll take a PM with some info. Whoever this guy was, he was really great. The box art for SCVIV stuck in my head since the first time I saw it. It is extrodinarily memorable.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 01:32:57 AM »
I would be interested in receiving a PM about this subject too.

Me too, if you're willing to send one, bronty.

Random thought: they could've made it weirder by putting the old guy on a toilet.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline bronty

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
I've always presumed the US covers for 3 and 4 to be by the same artist, hence the similarity.

that's correct.

Offline bronty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
So the mystery will actually be solved, hmm? Could someone PM me the details as well?

sorry guys, I meant I will share it next year, publicly.    I can't get into that in a pm right now.   Sorry - but I will reveal as part of a larger reveal of more previously unknown info when the time is right!  :)  So hang in there!   Will be lots of neat info shared.    Hopefully I can make an announcement about the project within six months or so.

Offline bronty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
I don't remember that Nintendo Power poster for Castlevania III.  Any idea what issue that was in?  Either way, whoever the actual box artist ends up being, I also loved his work back in the old days.  He (or she) did just about the only good job of "Westernizing" Japanese IP successfully.

Here's a link from the CV Dungeon database.  Different artist but very talented as well.

http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/features/magscans/atlas/CV3Poster.JPG

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:05:38 PM by bronty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:55 AM »
sorry guys, I meant I will share it next year, publicly.    I can't get into that in a pm right now.   Sorry - but I will reveal as part of a larger reveal of more previously unknown info when the time is right!  :)  So hang in there!   Will be lots of neat info shared.    Hopefully I can make an announcement about the project within six months or so.

It's ok. We can wait. Heck, we're used to waiting.  :)

Offline Sumez

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2016, 03:44:53 AM »

..bump :)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2016, 04:02:47 AM »
..bump :)

He (and by "he" I mean Abnormal Freak) already done this on another thread.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Sumez

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:28 AM »
Thanks!
God damn that has been impossible to track down, and the best I could find from thorough google-fu was this particular thread which I remember reading a couple of years ago, too.

Gotta go delve into that thread you linked now.

Tags:

anything