Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: We should have gotten another LoS game  (Read 14358 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: We should have gotten another LoS game
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »
That was the point of them including Alucard in the first place. Selling to IGA fans.
They shouldn't have, in my opinion. It just makes me hate them more.

Alucard ruined Trevor, and let me tell you (everyone) that Trevor was the only character who had some edge to him. The only moment of MoF I actually liked was when he
(click to show/hide)
.. That was a fist pump moment, that's how the entire game should've felt.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 05:41:30 AM »
That was the point of them including Alucard in the first place. Selling to IGA fans.
They shouldn't have, in my opinion. It just makes me hate them more.

Couldn't agree more.  The fact that they made a 2D LoS game and proceeded to give it superficial IGAVania elements rubs me the wrong way.  The elements are surface only and when you get down to it, it's almost nothing like... well, an IGAVania.  It's almost as bad as giving characters the same names as the original characters even though they only share vague traits in common... like in LoS.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:43:04 AM by TheTextGuy »

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
Yeah, we should have. The series DID have a truckload of potential and in the hands of someone with a clear vision as well as somebody who can write (As LoS2 clearly demonstrated, Alvarez couldn't write a good plot even if his life depended on it) it could become something wonderful. Then again, this is more of a Legacy of Kain fan in me speaking, than a CV fan. Then again again, my inner CV fan is not too fond of IGA and what he turned the franchise into, so my opinion might not be popular.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 05:09:20 PM »
You know what, despite not liking the game's overall design if MoF was a sprite based game which played more like say PoR played I don't think it would've been that bad. No shaky camera, no choppiness to the gameplay, the axe actually being able to go through ceilings, a backdash mechanic, no domestic Belmont cutscenes, I may have dug that just enough purely for the gameplay.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »
I played all 3 LoS games.

The First one was alright tough i din't liked the ending of Gabriel Belmont becoming Gabula (Yeah that's how i call him) i was hoping that after the final boss we would have a glipmse of a very young Leon Belmont with a Gabriel Belmont that has accepted his wife death and moved on with his life!

Then i played Mirror of Fate... it was not bad but not good so technically: Meh!

And then i played Los2... i caught type-2 bad plot-betes! (seriously that how i felt about LoS2 story)

And the big part that bothers me the most: my name is Gabriel and when i heard the name of the main character had the same one as me when Lords of Shadow was first announced i was so happy because i am a huge fan of Castlevania, but then the after credit scene of Gabula happens!

What i'm saying is i am a Castlevania-holic fan and i consider all the Castlevania games canon to me (Except for Chronicles & SCV4 because they are technically remakes of Castlevania 1) so seeing what has transpired in the LoS Trilogy, it was this outrage that i had decided to finally do something: Making a Castlevania fan-game that take's place after Castlevania: Ricordanza of the God's Abyss, i called my future fan-game: Castlevania: Eclipse of Darkness!

But the only thing i'm good when it comes to fan things is the writting of the story i already have it in mind, i hgave the villain, i have the hero, i have the enemies, and best part is i got help from great fellow Castlevania fans i admire not only as fans of Castlevania but as great writers and artist! of course i'm refering to: theplottwist, Shiroi Koumori, Dracula9, The Bloody Scholar and Jorge D. Fuentes. Why i admire them? Because they are the greatest of fellow Castlevania fans who i can actually relate on the canon of the classic timeline.

My first Castlevania game is Catlevania 64, then after i got the LoS trilogy, i decided to buy ALL physical copies of all the Classic Castlevania games, right now i have Lament of Innocence (My personal fav) and Curse of Darkness and i enjoyed them more than the LoS trilogy, why? Because they are fun, they are entertaining at least when i play Lament of Innocence i can relate to Leon as a character thus making him my favorite Belmont along woth Juste Belmont wich are both the inspiration for my Castlevania OC Jason Belmont who is the hero of Eclipse of darkness and wich he's the son of Julius Belmont (altough he is also inspired by Luke Skywalker from Ep.6 and Jonathan Joestar =D)!

What i'm saying is the LoS trilogy is nothing but an inferior object compared to the Masterpiece that is the Classic Castlevania serie on wich everyday i keep repeating myself: I still belive in the Classic Timeline because of how great it is!

So yeah that is how i feel about the LoS Trilogy, so if you read through all this especially the fellow fans i named here: You are great keep up the great work to keep the spirit of the Classic Castlevania franchise alive like i do, godspeed you guys, godspeed. =)
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »
+2
Better idea, we should have gotten a better LoS2.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 09:49:21 PM »
Better idea, we should have gotten a better LoS2.

I Agree 200.0%!
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Tags: