Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Do you have gaming injuries?
« Last post by Bloo on December 11, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »
I once broke my finger in a power glove. :(
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Is a Castlevania revival possible?
« Last post by Bloo on December 11, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
If there is, Konami definitely will not be developing it in house, or even by one of their second-party development teams. They've burned too many bridges.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Is a Castlevania revival possible?
« Last post by crisis on December 11, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
Sonic never really left either
There's been many hit-or-misses (mostly misses) but otherwise the franchise never "stagnated"

Rockman has arguably been in worse shape than Castlevania. I believe the franchise has way more notoriety than CV therefore way more fans have been disappointed with Capcom than CV fans being disappointed with Konami

There will be another Castlevania in our lifetimes, it's not a DEAD franchise like say, Alex Kidd or Frogger. If Adventure Rebirth was made today for the Switch i think that wouldve helped a lot. Plus the Netflix series received largely positive reviews I'm sure Konami has been paying attention to that
Off Topic / Re: The best 2 pop-culture products you enjoyed in 2017?
« Last post by Flame on December 11, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »
Fidget Spinners. Or was that 2016? Either way, still Fidget spinners.

I was amazed that in this year of our lord two thousand and seven-teen, an actual toy was the item on children's wish lists.

What fucking year is this? 1996?
Off Topic / Re: Back Street Girls anime series confirmed !!
« Last post by Flame on December 11, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »
Well it's creative I guess.

Does this mean we'll get female covers of backstreet boys songs?
General Castlevania Discussion / Is a Castlevania revival possible?
« Last post by Flame on December 11, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »
Metroid is undergoing a revival
Mega Man is undergoing a revival
Sonic might be undergoing a revival, depending on Sonic team's next move after Mania started it and Forces blundered it.
Mario and Zelda never left
Platformers are enjoying a resurgence lately

Is it possible?

I WANT TO BELIEVE
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Do you have gaming injuries?
« Last post by Flame on December 11, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
Uh

When I was a kid I used to get blisters on my thumbs after long sessions on the Gameboy Color or Playstation.

Does that count?
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Do you have gaming injuries?
« Last post by Bengr Hausve on December 11, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
Remember "Nintendo thumb" (aka gamer's grip, Nintendonitis) ? I have a smart phone/tablet Carpal tunnel syndrome-esque condition on the sinew/muscle under my thumbs. Yes. Laugh all you want. I deserve it. But it's true. I got it 3 years ago, reading comics on my then small smart phone. I wasn't being excessive imo at all. But even now, after 3 years, I still have this pain in my thumbs enjoying media, if my thumbs aren't supported enough, like a pro-video game controller does. (Like a dual shock controller). I guess the pain started from playing GBA/NDS to 3DS. Don't know why I'm sharing this, but the pain is real. I guess I'm asking if you have such, if you can relate or know anyone with similar pain? And if you think this is ridicilous or can you empathize?  :-\ 

Fan Stuff / Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Last post by Bloo on December 11, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »
Looks cool, I like the colors.

Here is more things I been working

(click to show/hide)

Your shading is definitely improving, especially on that Julius sprite. Keep it up
Fan Stuff / Re: Simon's Quest Re-imagining Idea.
« Last post by Bloo on December 11, 2017, 04:01:33 PM »
I'm a little opposed to increased palette.
Since I already mentioned Odallus, the NES feel in that game comes mostly from the fact that color limitations are mostly the same as those on the system(few places have too many sprite palettes).
Still, I'd have to see an example of what you mean to make a proper judgement.
I'm assuming you're adding colors due to the lack of dark and/or desaturated colors on the NES?
But I do agree that 16:9 is necessary.

Quite the opposite. NES doesn't have enough variety in vibrant colours IMHO.Thinking about setting myself at an 80 colour limit. (as opposed to NES's 64 colours)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]