Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 107871 times)

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »
+7
Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles    ENGLISH FRENCH GERMAN SPANISH

Efrain Lecarde is a knight of the Church.To fight the evil is his duty. Strange event occurred in the cemetery of his hometown of Segovia ( Spain )..
People were scared  and required his help.That  is the beginning of the CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES adventure.
An adventure where Efrain will fight lots of evil creatures across caves, mountains, ruins etc.. He will then enter the Von Viltheim’s family castle. An holy place years ago.

Credits

MAIN PROGRAMMER: MIG
GRAPHICS: MIG
MUSIC ARRANGEMENTS AND REMIXES: JORGE D FUENTES, Jeffrey Montoya,B BUSTA, KEVIN MAC LEOD, MIG.

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles is a Castlevania fan game made by Mig. It is a fan game of the great KONAMI’S CASTLEVANIA series.
 Game’s creation started in June 2010. Beta version April 2010. ( Almost 3 years of hard work).
Altough lots of sprites and backgrounds are inspired from the Castlevania series , All of the graphics are homemade ( There are no ripped graphics).

Video on youtube ( music by Jorge d fuentes )

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles

To download the game go to my webpage .http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/

Here is a Youtube video of the BOSS RUSH MODE  in HARD MODE completed in 11.20 min.
The player is my brother Alain.  :D A great player!!!

Do not see this video if you don't know the game and want to play it. It would be a spoiler.

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles Boss rush mode HARD 11.20 min

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:21:34 AM by mig3 »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania moonlight opera 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »
Looks nice, but I do have some issues with it. first off, the fact that the hero seems to be wielding the whip in 1776 and is a Lecarde. Even if the Lecarde family were related to the Belmont family at that time, the Lecarde family wouldn't have the vampire killer. Then again, it could be a different magical whip. My point is that this game takes before the Belmonts vanished and were unable to touch the whip until 1999 (something which was never explained).
If it was a Lecarde wielding the Alucard Spear after the year 1797, I wouldn't have any issues. That's just my 2 cents.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:00:05 PM »
+2
darkwzrd4 i see you've got great knowledge of the Castlevania history . :D
Thanks for your reply .

You're right ! that is why the  whip's name won't be "VAMPIRE KILLER" but "ALCARDE WHIP".

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:10 PM »
Judging by the video that actually looks pretty good. I'm fairly impressed. Nothing looks particularly lacking considering it is a fan game, be it visual, audio, or even stage design. Most fan games are terrible with stage design. I'll have to play it myself to get a total feel for it, but interesting so far.

Consider that I am saying this as someone who owns a video game company.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
This looks really good man! I like everything but the title. Moonlight Opera just sounds so cliché for a Castlevania title. This game looks great, by the way. Almost reminds me of the screen shots I saw years and years ago of a game that never was called Castlevania Shin Dracula X (which was most likely a hoax).

Anyways, I'm sure it's too late to change your title and I'm sure a lot of people like it. I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mix of sub-par CV fan games that have titles just like that. I gotta say, this is one of the most promising fan CV games I've ever seen.

Great work! I can't wait to play it!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:25:30 PM by MontoyaGraphics »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »
I'll definitely want to play this. Please get this thing finished!

I also agree that the name is rather cliché. IGA has used music-based titles in almost all of his CV games that is does start to wear out rather fast. So rather then relying on a music-based title why not go with something that will describe what the game is about. For instance; The game is about the Lecarde family correct?. Why not call the game Castlevania: The Lecarde Legacy Or The Lecarde Chronicles.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:40:46 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:12 AM »
I really liked what i have seen in the video, like uzo said, it's very difficult to find a good fan made game, but yours it's looking very nice so far.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »
I second that

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »
Question: will this take place in the IGA canon or an original one?
Also, "Alcarde" in Bloodlines was a mistranslation of "Alucard", just saying.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
I personally would not bother trying to jam the story to fit with the IGA canon. After all, it's a fan game. It can never really exist in the IGA story line anyways.

Just a thought!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »
+2
:) Well well well...

Thanks for yours comments . They are heart warming to me .. I'm a great fan of castlevania and i spent 3 years to make that .

I have to deal with some minors changes and bugs.....I think the game will be available in a couple of weeks . I've said the game ......And not a demo . It will be a complete game with a begining and an ending .

What i like here , is that i learn lots of things .....

I did not know the ALCARDE world "history" .  ;D   .

Maybe i will change the game's name for LECARDE CHRONICLES . That is a good idea thanks MontoyaGraphics and X you will be credited in the game . in the "special thanks" part .

Thanks everybody .

I hope you'll like the game .

I did not spaek about the game . Only Jorge D fuentes and other  people i needed the music were informed . If i made a game with musics without asking for permission of the makers , they would not like that . ;)

I hope to not disapoint you , Uzo .I'm feeling very proud with what you did say .

I repeat that . I DID not ripped the graphics they were all made by myself ( with lots of castlevania inspiration of course . That will give to the game a unique looking . I wanted to avoid the DEJAVU looking effect of the games notably made with ripped graphics .

Other problem game's resolution is 640X480 . If i used ripped graphics they would have been very smalls  ;D.

I will give you the release date as soon as possible of CASTLEVANIA : LECARDE CHRONICLES.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »
+2
I did not speak of the game so far ....Why ?
Because lots of peole do fan games demos ...The fans are waiting for ....Then the game is cancelled  :-[ it's is frustrating ; I could have cancelled for thousands of reasons .

MontoyaGraphics is right ... Is a fan game really need a storyline that enters the series canon ?

Nevertheless i think that the game has a storyline that will not a source of troubles.. I hope.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
Now THIS is what a fan game should look like! It's great to see that you tried to put in some new surprises, and that you actually put in lots of new gfx (a VERY difficult task). You even went so far as to put in a map, movelist, and a menu.

This looks really impressive from the video. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.

Also to be blunt: who gives a DAMN about the story or what he calls it. Just look at how good this guy's game looks.  ;D
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »
LOL, how did a simple question about the story end up making you worry? Chill.
Anyway, I don't really care if the story takes place in IGA timeline or not. Even if the story is bare-bones, as long as it's sensible enough it's okay in my book.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
Looks very Simon Quest-ish! I am impressed with all the hand-drawn graphics! Awaiting a download link to try.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: