Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 108186 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
I will wait till full release, unless it is full and he just didn't update the first thread. But I watched the video and gotta say just at a glance the layout looks good. Good level design is key to a fun game, IMO. If the levels don't make sense, it doesn't feel right. As for controls, obviously I can't say anything until I get around to playing it.  :P
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline flaumi mcflaum

• I do it like Trevor, I PRAY +++
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:02 AM »
@mig3:  :D Du bist witzig. You are funny! ;)
Au Poil! Merci beaucoup !
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:05:21 PM by flaumi mcflaum »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 08:18:46 AM »
I will wait till full release, unless it is full and he just didn't update the first thread. But I watched the video and gotta say just at a glance the layout looks good. Good level design is key to a fun game, IMO. If the levels don't make sense, it doesn't feel right. As for controls, obviously I can't say anything until I get around to playing it.  :P

The game has been fully released. The release date was 5-15. It's good to go man, download it!   :)
The worst monsters are human.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
Hi !

I've been asked by many people to input different languages in the game. The player could select . english/french/spanish/german .

I can make the french and spanish translation because i do understand both languages . I also understand  german but i am a beginner so it's more difficult for me .

If someone could make the german translation it would be great . Anyone who can do that will be welcome to MP me . :)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »
I can hook you up with a Swedish translation, have a Swede buddy. I kinda remember German grammar, but I've been out of high school for ... for... oh my god I can't even remember. Since 1998. How long ago was that? No, don't tell me. Can also get ya Japanese. Would say Chinese, but my half-brother's probably forgotten most of what he grew up with (was adopted from a Chinese foster center at 10).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »
Hi TheouAegis !

Your help will be welcome !
Don't bother with german ..Swedish and Japanese  translations would be really great. ;D
And Chinese ... :o...If it's possible that would be perfect but do not bother with that if it's a problem.

If you are ok for  that ; i'll send you the texts of the game . Take all the time you want there is no hurry ...

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
+2
Hey Mig :)

First of all, I wanted to say that you have created a fantastic game. Every single inch of the game has more heart and soul put into it than most of the recent Castlevania games.  8)
I played through the entire game and I really love what you have done. There were many things I loved, and some I didn't love...

Pros:
*Content: For a fan game, this has more content than most full releases do. The numerous levels and the difficulty of the game make the game seem almost staggering in size. The many upgrades and powers you could obtain made Efrain feel powerful, but also balanced.
*Art: The game is beautiful, without a doubt. Every area is fun and well designed. My favorites were the Hunting Lodge, the Dungeon, and Epilogue B.
*Music: The game has great remixes. Many songs fit and there where none that I felt were irritating to listen to or unfitting.
*Gameplay: The game plays fantastically. Platforming is fun (save for a few areas) and the enemy variety is incredible. I think it actually has more enemies than Super Castlevania did.
*Difficulty: Although it spiked sharply at points, the difficulty was fun and fair. The fakeouts and traps in the game were fantastic.
*Story: Great story. I like that it wasn't Dracula for once that was the final boss, and the setting in Austria was awesome as well.

Now unfortunately... (I'm long winded, its actually just examples of such issues here). :'(
Cons:
*Technical Problems: Like any game, there are some problems here. For instance, in the science lab, I died frequently on the falling bookcases. Every time I tried to jump to one, I would miss the small jump box and fall to my death. Eventually, I had to just jump on the first three, then air dash to the fifth one mid fall so I had enough time to jump off. Additionally, on the same level, the chess miniboss was a bit finicky. At times, the Bishop (which flies diagonally) would get stuck at the top of the ceiling and would not come back down. If I had an axe this was no problem, but it would sometimes force me to suicide to try the area again.
*Hit-boxes: This is an extremely minor complaint. Some hit-boxes were too large for the areas they were intended. The golem boss's giant spike balls were difficult to dodge because the safe spot was so difficult to jump through on the first one. The final level also had some areas that I could never get past without hitting a ceiling spike or floor spike. I don't know if this is simply because I suck at dodging or because of a hit-box issue.
*platform visibility: Some platforms (in a few levels) were a bit difficult to make out. I actually died on the first level because I thought I had to jump down a pit. It wasn't until AFTER I died that I noticed the platforms blended into the gate and foliage a few feet from the ledge.

Other than the issues I listed (which are more long winded than extensive) I loved this game. I really can't complain about the issues too much (Despite my comments) because the game is entirely free.

You really created a masterpiece here, and I hope one day Konami will make something half as good as this again one day.

9.7/10. You deserve a freaking medal for this masterpiece.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
I'm a little late on the bandwagon but I'm going to give it a try. The trailer looked cool so here we go.

Am I able to play this with a PS3 controller? My fingers don't with the keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:06:37 AM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
+1
You're in for a treat! You should be able to use your PS3 control with joy2key. Any fan of CV who hasn't yet downloaded this game should really do so! It's great!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »
Okay, this thing is amazing. Although I think I've run into a glitch. When I was in the North Mountains stage, the entirety of the first room had no floor tiles. I initially thought you did this intentionally, but the rocky backdrops were floating in most instances, so I'm assuming that the tiles just weren't showing.

And also, kudos on the difficulty level. Very few games can get me cursing at the screen, and this is one of the good kinds.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2013, 07:49:16 PM »
One other person experienced that rare glitch. If you read through the posts I think Mig addressed it.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
Ok OK !!!!! . I will fix that in the next "SMALL" update .

This update will have :

-Text correction . The English mistakes will be removed ( Thanks to MontoyaGraphics ).
-Graphical correction . The ground in North mountains part 1 will be visible even for those who not have a strong GFX card .

NEXT BIG update :

Language select : French,English,Spanish,German ....It would be really great if someone could make a Japanese translation  ;D . The game could be played by japanese people with the name :
Akumajo The Lecarde Chronicles.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2013, 10:07:11 AM »
Having the main title being just Akumajo sounds a tad awkward. I propose Akumajo Gaiden: The Lecarde Chronicles.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
I hope this is not a bad question, but have you ever given thought to potentially posting the game on Steam?

On the off chance you are not aware of it: Steam has a Green Light system that allows its fan base to decide which indie developers they like games from, and to "Green light" games for them to be posted for anyone to download on steam.

Additionally, the games that are green lit do not have to have a price: the game "Cry of Fear" is a free fan-mod game that was green lit some time ago, with no cost to download.

I do not know if fan games of a franchise are considered copyright infringement (and I pray they are not), but I simply wanted to suggest it for when you intend to no longer update the game. It would allow you to make more players aware of The Lecarde Chronicles through a popular gaming vendor, and it would still be possible to keep it a free fan game.

I do not know how the process works, so I apologize if my idea bears no fruit or even potentially causes problems for you down the line. I simply wanted to see if the idea came across as a good way to get the word out.

If you do attempt to put it on Steam, I hope and pray all is successful and this glorious game gets a bigger fan base, because it deserves one and I don't know how else to get people to notice this.

Sincerely,
EmperorZephyr

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
Under Steam's rules and regulations he would need written permission from Konami themselves to be able to post it for Greenlight. As well as pay a 100$ fee just to list it.

The first requirement is pretty much impossible, so it won't work.

Tags: