Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 107011 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
I have to agree with uzo. Steam is a legit company and to feature a fan game based on a popular franchise would be next to impossible. However if it could be done then the implications of recognition for this game would skyrocket very quickly.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
So, I'm not too far into this (and I mean not very far at all). I've only unlocked the ruins and hunting grounds. So, far I'm enjoying it. I like how it sparks your interest to go further. Pretty much from what I'm played is the way I want Castlevania to go back too. All in all I'm looking forward to playing more of it. One thing though and that's what do the green hearts do?

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
+1
Green hearts will restore your SP.
You use SP to power things like the Whirlwind Attack, and other unique powers you find in the game. With the exception of the Whirlwind, the power drain from using the abilities is minimal.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Hey, good to see that Montoya finally found someone to help him in programming, cool :D

Also, I can translate this game to Brazilian Portuguese (Português do Brasil)? I cant guarantee that I can do this yet, since I need to check the amount of text first, but since its my native language it should be easier to me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline tom.b.reis

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »
Where's wonderful OST of the game?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
Where's wonderful OST of the game?

I was just about to ask this, hilariously enough. Motion seconded.

Any chance you plan on putting the soundtrack available for download any time in the future?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »
The game's OST? Why not?

Lots of themes can already be found among the Jorge D Fuentes tunes.

MontoyaGraphics has opened a topic with the musics he made. They can be found here in the fan section.
Anyway,i can put a download of the songs made by B.Busta,Kevin MacLeod  and my proper remixes.

By the way, if you like good remixes of Castlevania themes don't forget to check the topic opened by Richter Belmondo.They are really great.

I'm right now correcting the texts of Lecarde Chronicles.I will also make minors changes that allow the player to quickly exit an area (when he find an item that was the only purpose of revisiting the area).

Thanks everyone that offered his help for the further translations. I will send you by MP, a file with the game texts.There is lots of time before that BIG release  ( 2 monthes at least) so.... There is no hurry.

Akumajo GAIDEN  will be OK  ;)  thanks VladCT.

Also thanks to EmperorZephyr for the steam idea. But it will be hard.
I'm not very good for publicity, i am only someone who like to create.Untill now my games were only featured in DailyClick ( Community of MMf,MMF2 creators) Maybe i will try other things like Hardcore Gaming 101 Romstation,etc..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:25:20 AM by mig3 »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »
Oh, so all or most of the game's songs are in threads here already? Cool.

The only one I knew already was Jorge's The Discolored Wall, but a few of the others I didn't immediately recognize and wanted to have.

Offline tom.b.reis

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
I like so much the Katharina's Quarter theme, is the same theme as the main title screen. Whats the song name?

Offline tom.b.reis

• Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Someone has a way to beat Katharina easily??? I still not beat the game lol.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Someone has a way to beat Katharina easily??? I still not beat the game lol.

It's okay. I still haven't finished this game yet either. The aquaduct part is giving me a really hard time and I'm kinda still on a break from it due to VG rage, and that was almost two months ago. It happens with some games I play that i find to be a little too difficult. While it's a really good game and captures that near-forgotten CV mood just right, the frustration level is hell for me as it far outweighs the enjoyment of the challenge.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »
The challenge is part of the fun!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:55:49 AM by MontoyaGraphics »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »
It's okay. I still haven't finished this game yet either. The aquaduct part is giving me a really hard time and I'm kinda still on a break from it due to VG rage, and that was almost two months ago. It happens with some games I play that i find to be a little too difficult. While it's a really good game and captures that near-forgotten CV mood just right, the frustration level is hell for me as it far outweighs the enjoyment of the challenge.
Maybe a Easy Mode could be patched into a new build. So basically you can choose Easy Mode if you die too many times, but you won't see the real ending of the game etc.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
Another thing I think should be changed/worked on is the fact that you have to do the blue-orb thing over again if you die in the first part of the Condemned Area. I know, I know, it's just for the first two rooms, but I've been knocked onto spikes many a time by the little dolls and a couple of the skeletons' placement is cheap at times. Just a personal gripe.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
Sounds like a lot of BAWWWW in this thread. What did you guys do when you played the classics? Save state your way to victory?

Tags: