Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ANATHEMA - Classicvania Coming to Steam  (Read 107809 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: ANATHEMA - Official Announcement + Trailer (1080p)
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
And for the sake of it (as sad as it is that I feel I have to do this), since it has seemingly been an issue for others, the content of the Anathema website (including music, sprites and all other content) is not for use except for the sake of press. Sprites and music may not be used for games, art or any other medium besides press.

You're absolutely entitled to this. This is your game, it's your idea, and the original assets are yours too. I understand completely so no worries here bro  :)

On a side-note I also see nothing wrong with your character's outfit. It kinda reminds me of this one. Just not as exposed;

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »
On a side-note I also see nothing wrong with your character's outfit. It kinda reminds me of this one. Just not as exposed;

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I just looked the game up, I might have to play this some time.

I was somewhat shooting for a bit of a Sonia Belmont vibe with her outfit. At times I've felt like it needs some color, but then there are times where I don't feel that way. It stands out nicely against the backdrops, which I feared it would blend in and be hard to see.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I just looked the game up, I might have to play this some time.

Well if you're ever up for a classicvania challenge, Rusty will give it to ya without fail.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »
Well if you're ever up for a classicvania challenge, Rusty will give it to ya without fail.

I checked it out, it's actually pretty fun for what it is. I need to also check out the Lecarde Chronicles too it seems.

I have made a quick new video of some of the gameplay up to the sub-boss, some things are still needing to be revamped like the stairs animation, but the whip swing has been updated, as well as other minor things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZKhtawzeI

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
Awesome build! I'd say that's well past an alpha build. The whip swinging looks good. No issues there. However her body is still a bit stiff on the stair-climbing though it does look improved since the last vid you showed us. If you have her shoulders and arms move a bit more when she's ascending or descending it will look more natural. But it still looks impressive! Don't quite!  :D

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »
Awesome build! I'd say that's well past an alpha build. The whip swinging looks good. No issues there. However her body is still a bit stiff on the stair-climbing though it does look improved since the last vid you showed us. If you have her shoulders and arms move a bit more when she's ascending or descending it will look more natural. But it still looks impressive! Don't quite!  :D

Thanks! I haven't actually revamped the stairs animation yet, it's coming though. I've just been focusing on engine stability, polish and what not. I did change the whip swinging though. I wish that I had a pc kinect to motion capture all my own animations, some of these have been hand animated and it is all trial and error. But glad you dig it!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »
The new clip looks good, keep it up. :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
But glad you dig it!

And why not? You're succeeding where Konami is failing.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 11:36:58 AM »
If people play it and say to themselves "finally, something like classic Castlevania" then it's all worth it. Though, I won't lie, I hope it passes Steam Greenlight.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 08:20:29 PM »
WIP concept. Still working on the lighting, poses, etc.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Lookin' good  ;)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »
You have my vote for Greenlight, this looks pretty great and I love that throwback styling with the pre-rendered CGI sprites (like Rare/Blizzard used to do). Music was pretty jammin' in the trailer too. I'm also really diggin' the MC's design, you just can't go wrong with absolute territory.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Can I share that video on the BookofFaces?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 09:35:08 PM »
Question, pisces.

Is there a purpose or in-universe reason for the bird swarms? I feel like they're a bit overdone, and the effect loses some of its charm.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 05:48:10 AM »
+1
@TheCruelAngel - thanks! I wish I could share more of the soundtrack, what my friend has done actually has exceeded my expectations. I am at work but I will have to check that song out this afternoon! I read its description and lol'd

@Jorge - Please, by all means, share like no tomorrow!

@Dracula9 - Yes, there is. Since this game is all about the main villain being Azrael, the angel of death, crows represent death in several cultures. When you first play the game, Azrael is in command of them. After you play the prologue and it sets up the story, you learn that the main character you play as, Aurora has inherited the powers  of the angel of death and now you have command over the crows. The reason they are flocking everywhere is because Azrael has returned, and they are guiding the player to once again slay their former master.

Plus, bats would have been too on the nose. However, they will still play a role with the vampire sorceress that leads a cult that worships Azrael.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:26:26 AM by piscesdreams »

anything