Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 994796 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3045 on: September 08, 2017, 09:11:54 PM »
but you see this is different from a publisher funded game.

the developers owe the kickstarter backers frequent updates, especially if they wanna keep morale high and have any sense of integrity and want a clean reputation.

and the updates are optional, those that want the game to be new and unexplored stuff, they dont have to look at the updates. but the updates are there for backers that are keeping the devs in check to make sure they are making progress and the backer contributions were not in vain.

the updates could also inform players, so the backers can give feedback during the developing process, so that could have a chance at influencing the game in a more favorable direction if the devs use the feedback to improve the game and make more fans positive and stuff.

Update: I just farted  8)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3046 on: September 09, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
Update: I just farted  8)

Well, I donated for this fart so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.. I don't know.. I think the fart should have more of a sustaining vibrato sound to it and less of a popping airy sound. Also, the kickstarter said someone else would be making the fart... The smell was a tad strong, but I know it's still a work in progress. I hope the fart is better when it's officially released. Based off of this fart though I gotta say I'm worried about how the shit will turn out...

Get to work Zangetsu468! No pressure!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:40:16 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3047 on: September 10, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
A real bust! With earthy undertones  :-X  Rotten tomatoes gives it a 9 out of ten.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #3048 on: September 11, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
On the topic of the worry about bringing this noisycroak sound team to help with production, I'd like to note that on most of the Castlevania titles she worked on, Yamane-san was sharing the work with at least one other composer. The exceptions are Bloodlines, Symphony of the Night, Lament of Innocence, and Curse of Darkness. So most Igavanias saw her working with someone else. In fact, it seems like in the case of Order of Ecclesia, it was mostly Yasuhiro Ichihashi, with some tracks by Yamane.

Yasuhiro Ichihashi also worked on Harmony of Despair, and I would like to say that I also enjoyed its OST a lot (as well as the game itself). It may not be them specifically, since there was one other composer who worked on that, but I take this as a good sign.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:10:09 AM by Zargon »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3049 on: September 11, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
The exceptions are Bloodlines, Symphony of the Night, Lament of Innocence, and Curse of Darkness.

I've heard there were two other artists along with Yamane that did the score for SotN. And that's not counting the ending theme 'I am the wind'
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #3050 on: September 12, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
I've heard there were two other artists along with Yamane that did the score for SotN. And that's not counting the ending theme 'I am the wind'

I had heard that as well, but all I can really find is that track 3 was composed by Sannopi (that's 'Dance of Illusion', originally from Rondo), and track 34 was composed by Akiropito (and that's 'Blood Relations', which contains part of Bloodlines from Rondo, and Yamane is credited as arranging it still). Other than those two, and 'I am the Wind ', she is credited as having composed every track.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:57:08 PM by Zargon »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3051 on: September 13, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »
On the topic of the worry about bringing this noisycroak sound team to help with production, I'd like to note that on most of the Castlevania titles she worked on, Yamane-san was sharing the work with at least one other composer. The exceptions are Bloodlines, Symphony of the Night, Lament of Innocence, and Curse of Darkness. So most Igavanias saw her working with someone else. In fact, it seems like in the case of Order of Ecclesia, it was mostly Yasuhiro Ichihashi, with some tracks by Yamane.

Yasuhiro Ichihashi also worked on Harmony of Despair, and I would like to say that I also enjoyed its OST a lot (as well as the game itself). It may not be them specifically, since there was one other composer who worked on that, but I take this as a good sign.

This is definitely the case for Bloodstained, as having Jake Kaufman composing tracks as well was one of the campaign hooks. So as I said, I think that's what they meant when they said Yamane wouldn't be doing everything--gotta leave some tracks for virt! ;D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3052 on: September 13, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
This is definitely the case for Bloodstained, as having Jake Kaufman composing tracks as well was one of the campaign hooks.

No one should sell Kaufman short without giving his stuff a listen-to first. He's good at what he does and all of his work that I've heard has not been disappointing. Contra 4, Shovel Knight, Double Dragon Neon, the Shantae series, etc. The man knows how to bring out the classic game music whilst keeping it relevant.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3053 on: September 14, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
YESSS GOOD NEW UPDATE  55 NOW THE GAME DO VERY WELL:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1987248

and twitter updates too; https://twitter.com/swordorwhip

;D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3054 on: September 14, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »
Ami Koshimizu :D :D :D :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3055 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:07 PM »
+2
YESSS GOOD NEW UPDATE  55 NOW THE GAME DO VERY WELL:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1987248

and twitter updates too; https://twitter.com/swordorwhip

;D

>mysterious man
>alucard-like silhouette
>alucard voice actor
>not listing alucard as one of his famous roles

The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3056 on: September 15, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »
+2
>alfred
>looks like dracula
>loose robe that covers his entire body, reminiscent of dracula's robes, perfect to hide very extensive crystal curse corruption
>voice actor used for characters such as darth vader or black king, fitting for the big bad
could it be? the mathias to gebel's walter?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:07:52 AM by Long John Silver »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3057 on: September 18, 2017, 07:09:02 AM »
the huge castle should have lots of bosses that can be fought and areas explored in nonlinear fashion.

that would be epic!

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3058 on: September 24, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »
do you think the full version will have closer zoom options?  some think its too far away and it should be closer for more epic feeling, SOTN and OoE sprites sure look bigger and the world felt closer.   Bloodstained should add zoom options.  they can keep that wide view as default, but full version should have closer settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aRoEbcS08

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3059 on: September 24, 2017, 08:02:36 PM »
A zoom would be cool, but I'd be fine without it.  CoTM had little sprites and I loved it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags: