Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone know what happened to Retroreality?  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Malus793

• Lord of this Castle
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here
    • Crane's Cabinet of Curiosities & Cynicism
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Anyone know what happened to Retroreality?
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
Hi all,

Retroreality was a website and an awesome resource on YouTube for vintage video-game related videos (ripped from laserdisc and vhs).  It was a treasure trove but recently the channel (and all the videos) disappeared and the website has been suspended.  Does anyone know what happened to it?  Thanks.
I'm just happy that Simon and Richter are in Smash Bros.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Anyone know what happened to Retroreality?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:52:28 AM »
The owner decided to step away from video making, he still collects game and is a good friend of mine (I was a mod there). It got to be a bit much to do, so he called it quits. He used to be a major poster here and huge Castlevania collector back in the day, we still swap collecting stories now and again.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:42:16 AM »
I'm curious as to whom he was here.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Malus793

• Lord of this Castle
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here
    • Crane's Cabinet of Curiosities & Cynicism
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
Thank you, Bloodreign.  That is a shame, but one can imagine the amount of attention such an archive would need. 
I'm just happy that Simon and Richter are in Smash Bros.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:02:14 AM »
I'm curious as to whom he was here.

He was known as Arasoi, GoddamnedBathead, Protogem, a number of names over the years. Once upon a time a massive Castlevania collector, these days more like myself, a collector of many games.

Also Malus, you are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:12:12 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Arasoi

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
Yep, sorry it is gone. Lack of personal time, shifts in personal interest and youtube's ridiculous copyright enforcement effectively killed retroreality. I let it go on a long time, but too many videos were getting shut down and flagged, even though I never monetized a single video. Yes, I did used to collect Castlevania, still love the series. My collection used to look like this, albeit a long time ago:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/collector-protogem.htm

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:46:52 AM »
Heh, I remember stumbling upon Mr. P's site and seeing that collection. Great stuff.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything