Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Harmony of Despair is playable on PS4. online co op with PS3 players  (Read 16542 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm getting really motivated to just get the PS3 on this tv so I can use all the DLC for it, lol.   PS4 is more comfy (the only functional ps3 controller I have is some cheap $20 one).   yea maybe Ill play the ps3 version, that way can host chapter 9, 10, and 11. 

The DS4 controller is actually compatible with PS3. The only downsides are that you can't access the XMB with it, and you need to be plugged in. When I didn't have any working DS3s I just plugged in my DS4 and used one of the screwed-up DS3s I had to access the XMB.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
ah thanks.  haha, starting up the PS3 and playing that version with the DLCs, it's so much better, but yea the publisher is too dumb these days to port the game and DLCs to PS4.    yea in a way its also the fanbase's fault, if CVHD made Resident Evil Remake numbers on PSN, they would have prioritized a port (even an ongoing series), yea money talks (look at Pokemon Go). 

anyways CVHD is a masterpiece and its great there are fans that still play it.  though yea it's a shame it didn't sell more for expanded support and sequel expansions to that formula.   even the most incredible games gotta have new content added to sustain interest.  most of the Diablo II fanbase moved on to Diablo III and demand a Diablo IV.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
ah thanks.  haha, starting up the PS3 and playing that version with the DLCs, it's so much better, but yea the publisher is too dumb these days to port the game and DLCs to PS4.    yea in a way its also the fanbase's fault, if CVHD made Resident Evil Remake numbers on PSN, they would have prioritized a port (even an ongoing series), yea money talks (look at Pokemon Go). 

Yeah, it's pretty much that. It's not that Konami is too dumb to port it or anything, it's just that the game didn't do well enough to warrant a port. It received a PS3 port way back in 2011 just because of the exclusivity deal with Microsoft (to land it on the Summer Games or whatever event), and because PS3 'vania fans wanted to play it, too. But overall the game did horribly with critics (and a huge amount of the fanbase) and as far as I'm aware sold horribly, too. That being said there's still a sizable niche for it, which is still pretty surprising.

The game is really fun, though, despite it's numerous major problems (rehashed graphics, extreme grindfest, lack of content, etc). I really enjoy the game and have put hundreds of hours into both versions so I'm happy to see it get some love.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Yeah, it's pretty much that. It's not that Konami is too dumb to port it or anything, it's just that the game didn't do well enough to warrant a port. It received a PS3 port way back in 2011 just because of the exclusivity deal with Microsoft (to land it on the Summer Games or whatever event), and because PS3 'vania fans wanted to play it, too. But overall the game did horribly with critics (and a huge amount of the fanbase) and as far as I'm aware sold horribly, too. That being said there's still a sizable niche for it, which is still pretty surprising.

The game is really fun, though, despite it's numerous major problems (rehashed graphics, extreme grindfest, lack of content, etc). I really enjoy the game and have put hundreds of hours into both versions so I'm happy to see it get some love.

yea its upsetting when the fanbase betray something that combines the best of the classics, innovates and introduces a new cooperative genre, and the fanbase sell out to some foreign developer's game instead, just because their "Castlevania" game has high 3D graphics (mercurysteam are just as bad as ninja theory).   and CVHD was led by IGA!! 

it's really messed up, just like how the fighting game community demand Darkstalkers 4, but then they use the dumbed excuses to not buy Darkstalkers Resurrection.  meanwhile, a port of Resident Evil Remake adds next to nothing and it breaks PSN records, which greenlights a Resident Evil 2 Remake, as the RE fans requested.

my waffles, the possibilities for a CVHD series.  Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a massive grindfest, it sold millions, and its sequel is already selling better.

konami is dysfunctional, but they can make things happen if fanbase proved to them something matters.   ah well,   another developer could learn from CVHD and make something similiar or greater.  it doesn't have to be CV brand.  but it shouldn't be shovelware either.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I wouldn't be so fast to blame the fanbase or say that it could be different had shown they were interested in it. I think the fans bought their copies, the problem was the people that only play CV sometimes, as in not hardcore fans. Even so its all Konami fault for their decisions, blaming the fans would be the same as blaming MML fans for MML3 being cancelled, like Capcom did.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse sells well because its good, closest thing to Budokai Tenkaichi 3 nowadays and well, its Dragon Ball xD

Since CV: HD is playable on PS4 now, it only shows that Konami knows there is a public for it, being maybe even worse since its like they know and still chooses to ignore us...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Fuck Super Mario Maker, I want a Castlevania Maker.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Fuck Super Mario Maker, I want a Castlevania Maker.

I second this!

Tags: